Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Soullord View Post
    I remember one at least he was runing away from [forgot the race] and ended up in ancient england he had her assistant help him by removing his memory and implanting a fake one so he could lay low while danger passed unexpectedly this fake person fell in love and when it was revealed that he was the doctor and to save everyone he would have to erase his current personality this was devastating for the girl the doctor had fallen in love with and for the "fake" doctor as well.

seems like a lose lose to me.
    Family of Blood And yes that was a brilliant episode

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I don't think Clara's resurrections have anything to do with the snow.

I saw a theory a little while back that she might be the Doctor's daughter introduced in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter". This theory was based on the fact that Clara's chair in her "ship" is the same as the chair that the Doctor's daughter left on: [img]http://i.imgur.com/EDXdj.png[/img]. If this were true, it could mean that she can regenerate, but that wouldn't explain why she looks different than the doctor's daughter but then the same each time she regenerates now...
    Called it after that dalek episode aired. Still sticking with that, gna do a princess leya story on us..but daughter instead of sis!

One thing that I thought of was... in the first episode, when we see her, I think we just see what she thinks she looks like. You know how sometimes the way we see ourselves in our mind's eye isn't representative of what we actually look like? It got me thinking about when Time Lords regen if they every particularly like a version of themselves the most and hold onto that image. So when she crashed landed on that planet she might not have looked like that at all (assuming she is the doctors daughter and stuff) and that really could have been a later version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Soullord View Post
    I remember one at least he was runing away from [forgot the race] and ended up in ancient england he had her assistant help him by removing his memory and implanting a fake one so he could lay low while danger passed unexpectedly this fake person fell in love and when it was revealed that he was the doctor and to save everyone he would have to erase his current personality this was devastating for the girl the doctor had fallen in love with and for the "fake" doctor as well.

seems like a lose lose to me.

that was the family of blood, and it wasn't really ancient England, it was just before WW1. also in tennants last episode he visits the woman who is the grandchild of the women he fell in love with, and asks her if she was happy, she says yes, what about you? and he smiles and walks off.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:45 AM ----------

can someone tell me, its probably obvious and i just forgot it/didn't see it, but why in asylum of the daleks, when they are talking why doesn't she sound like a dalek?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    There is a rumor going around that Moffat intends to "restart" the series at the 50th anniversary.

Hmm, now I'm not sure what that would imply but here are some thoughts:
    1) Doctor erases himself from every database in the universe (River tells us this happens).
    2) The Doctor reveals his name on the fields of Trenzalore (which may be the passcode to unlock the Time War).
    3) Doctor's original reasons for leaving Gallafrey are found to be much more sinister (The Doctor Lies).

There's no evidence that there will be a "restart" but if the rumors are true, the consensus is that much of what we know about the Doctor will be revealed as false/a lie and therefore restore the mystery to his character. Any thoughts?
    i dont think they would restart, again so soon.

but i would love to see the time war. also, i think they will some how get around telling us his name, its always been a mysterious bit on the show, i dont thiknk they will reveal it. the doctor tells many stories about what he did in the Time war, we know he had/used "the moment"
    Too cool for a signature

In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    that was the family of blood, and it wasn't really ancient England, it was just before WW1. also in tennants last episode he visits the woman who is the grandchild of the women he fell in love with, and asks her if she was happy, she says yes, what about you? and he smiles and walks off.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:45 AM ----------

can someone tell me, its probably obvious and i just forgot it/didn't see it, but why in asylum of the daleks, when they are talking why doesn't she sound like a dalek?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:48 AM ----------

i dont think they would restart, again so soon.

but i would love to see the time war. also, i think they will some how get around telling us his name, its always been a mysterious bit on the show, i dont thiknk they will reveal it. the doctor tells many stories about what he did in the Time war, we know he had/used "the moment"
    I find it funny that people think 100 years ago was ancient.

In the radio transmissions she had he own voice because she still had her personality, however when face to face her mechanical body had the classic Dalek filter.

As for Restart the show has been on air for almost 50 years with a 12 year break. It has more episodes lost than most Sci-Fi Shows had. Only Star Trek comes close and that is because it counts TOS (79), TAS (22 ), TNG (178), DS9 (176 ), VOY (172 ), Ent (98 ), 10 movies, 1 reboot movie, and one reboot movie coming soon. Total Star Trek Episodes and Movies 737, Total Doctor Who Episodes 790 with 106 missing episodes because the BBC cleared out many of the early episodes during the early 70's. Oh and if we count spin off shows and movies,2 Dr Who Movies staring Peter Cushing as the Doctor, K-9 and Company 1 episode, Torchwood 41, The Sarah Jane Adventures 53 episodes + 1 short, and K9 26 for a total of 914 episodes and related films.

Star Trek has Rebooted because over the years the show forgot it's roots. And many long time Who fans which include Steven Moffit feel That Doctor Who has lost the Special Mystery that the Early show had. Also poorly written continuity during the 70's has made making the restarted series a bit of a pain for the producers.

So I just watched Let's Kill Hitler and I thought it was strange. Why did River have to save the doctor? Couldn't he just have regenerated? I thought he had a couple of regenerations left. Did I miss something in a previous episode or will it be explained in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    There is a rumor going around that Moffat intends to "restart" the series at the 50th anniversary.

Hmm, now I'm not sure what that would imply but here are some thoughts:
    1) Doctor erases himself from every database in the universe (River tells us this happens).
    2) The Doctor reveals his name on the fields of Trenzalore (which may be the passcode to unlock the Time War).
    3) Doctor's original reasons for leaving Gallafrey are found to be much more sinister (The Doctor Lies).

There's no evidence that there will be a "restart" but if the rumors are true, the consensus is that much of what we know about the Doctor will be revealed as false/a lie and therefore restore the mystery to his character. Any thoughts?
    Restart the series?

The Doctor can regenerate 13 times right? Aren't there two more doctors?

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Restart the series?

The Doctor can regenerate 13 times right? Aren't there two more doctors?

i dont think that was ever actually confirmed was it? only speculated?
    Too cool for a signature

One of them was/is The Master.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

It was explained in the episode worprz.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    One of them was/is The Master.

what do you mean? did you quote the wrong person?

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 02:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    It was explained in the episode.

also, which episode? theres quite a lot of them.
    Too cool for a signature

also, which episode? theres quite a lot of them.
    Sorry was answering Worprz's question.

Not sure, that's why I'm asking.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not sure, that's why I'm asking.

as far as i know it was only speculated, i think it was briefly mentioned once an old episode, but nothing really set in stone. and some sources say 13 is the limit set by the timelords, so it no longer applies anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 02:37 AM ----------

also, with his regenerations, dont we still have the valeyard to go through?

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 02:44 AM ----------

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration

if you look here it seems to be that it was stated there was 13incarnations, but it also may have just been a rule set by the time lords, and the rules may be broken, especially since they are not around anymore.
    Too cool for a signature

Plus who knows what River giving The Doctor all of her Regenerations did to the process as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    It was explained in the episode worprz.
    Ok thanks

I just watched it again, I must have been tired or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q7xbDpym0Q Can't wait!

I still think she'll be the Doctors daughter that escaped from that plannet

note to all the UK peeps, Matt Smith will be on the Jonothan Ross show next week! so tune the fuck in!

also, Gandalf is on, so that's another reason
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

It returns on the 30th of March.

Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    It returns on the 30th of March.
    That's so far away!!!! Wants nao!