Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I don't think Anthony Head could pull of the silly quirky bits nearly as well as any of the past Doctors.
    Any man that can sing and dance in drag can certainly pull off silly and quirky. Plus we could have our first DW musical episode!

But for a more insightful look at where he could go with silly, would be a lot of his work on Buffy. Though he really would be a pick to make it go much darker with flashes of quizzical whimsy.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Any man that can sing and dance in drag can certainly pull off silly and quirky. Plus we could have our first DW musical episode!

But for a more insightful look at where he could go with silly, would be a lot of his work on Buffy. Though he really would be a pick to make it go much darker with flashes of quizzical whimsy.
    It looks like he has already been in an episode of doctor who before, if they even got it would they just call it a super weird coicendence, ignore it or actually make it a plot in the show?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It looks like he has already been in an episode of doctor who before, if they even got it would they just call it a super weird coicendence, ignore it or actually make it a plot in the show?
    Yes, I mentioned he had been a bad guy on there actually. Played a pretty wicked school principal with some 'secrets'.
    BAD WOLF

But I would like to ask you why you think being on a playground talking to a child would be pedo in nature? There is nothing inherently wrong with it, you just perceive the escalation of it to be bad and not the action that had taken place instead.
    a) I wasn't being serious b) It's not that he's in a playground talking to a kid that's wierd. I'ts the fact that both of his previous companions he's picked up as children...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but if they did go slightly older it would be amazing to see Anthony Head as the doctor. He's completely underrated if you look at his TV work, but his stage acting and lead in Repo should clear up that he has some incredible range and could definitely go super dark.
    I would actually be alright with this , I loved him in Buffy (mmm Buffy) and he was great in Neverwhere, if they DID decide to go for a slightly more mature Doctor, he would have my vote all the way.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

i heard that robert carlyle was originally going to be the 11th doctor until he took the job on bsg. if he wasnt busy with once upon a time i think he would make a really good doctor
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Having seen Carlyle on Once Upon A Time, I'd have faith in his ability to be silly.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

ah what is this shit? new episode on saturday?! im away from thurs-monday and wont be able to watch!

i am very dissapointed!
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ah what is this shit? new episode on saturday?! im away from thurs-monday and wont be able to watch!

i am very dissapointed!
    you dont have a dvr?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you dont have a dvr?
    i do not, I have iplayer but I won't have Internet until Tuesday
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i do not, I have iplayer but I won't have Internet until Tuesday
    Well, sucks for you

Didn't realise it was coming out so soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i heard that robert carlyle was originally going to be the 11th doctor until he took the job on bsg. if he wasnt busy with once upon a time i think he would make a really good doctor
    Robert Carlyle wasn't on BSG, he was on Stargate Universe AKA: BSG but shit

He would make a fantastic doctor, massively underrated actor is our mister Carlyle, I've seen ALOT of his stuff and he never disappoints.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

He would make a fantastic doctor, massively underrated actor is our mister Carlyle, I've seen ALOT of his stuff and he never disappoints.
    Who would choose rather being the doctor to be on some stargate thing? He must be punished!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Who would choose rather being the doctor to be on some stargate thing? He must be punished!
    I'm pretty sure it was just rumors about him being up for it...I know he has spoken favorably about the part in the past, but nothing official was ever offered. Since we've brought up such a great actor though, how sick would it be for him to be the doctor and have Johnny Lee Miller be his companion? They could do some radically trippy episodes and some super dark stuff.

It would certainly be interesting.
    BAD WOLF

Seeing him in Once Upon A Time and 28 Weeks, I was under the expression he was a lot about cowards and beasts. I couldn't see him as the doctor, but I guess it depends on what they would try to achieve with that doctor's era.
    Belief can become reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

guess whoever wrote the wikipedia article got mixed up lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Seeing him in Once Upon A Time and 28 Weeks, I was under the expression he was a lot about cowards and beasts. I couldn't see him as the doctor, but I guess it depends on what they would try to achieve with that doctor's era.
    i think he could pull off a very good dark doctor

His Rumpelstiltskin silliness proves that he has some range at least

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    His Rumpelstiltskin silliness proves that he has some range at least
    Range in dark and spooooky silliness.

Range in dark and spooooky silliness.
    See! That'd be an interesting take on ze Doctor!
    Rumpelstiltskin Doctor

Doubt they will go from jolly, silly, childlike doctor to "I'm going to blow up your planet and giggle while I do it" doctor. :S

Doubt they will go from jolly, silly, childlike doctor to "I'm going to blow up your planet and giggle while I do it" doctor. :S
    Sure they will! First Matt Smith just has to gradually lose his mind and age take its toll and BAM! From silly to completely bonkers and morally deprived!