Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I like the episodes that center around famous people / events in history, like the van gogh and shakespeare episodes.
    I'm like that too, part of the reason I like Warehouse 13 probably. I like the random little twists they put on history.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the episodes that center around famous people / events in history, like the van gogh and shakespeare episodes. I would love to see an episode centered around more famous authors like Lovecraft or Asimov.
    For a split second I thought you were saying Lovecraft was more famous than Shakespeare and almost had a heart attack...then I realized that you just meant 'more authors'. I thought those episodes were pretty well done as well.

Just watched the Shakespeare/witches episode the other day. On a similar note, I loved the werewolf episode that created Torchwood.
    BAD WOLF

I like the episodes that center around famous people / events in history, like the van gogh and shakespeare episodes. I would love to see an episode centered around more famous authors like Lovecraft or Asimov.
    Yes definitely! Those were two amazingly well done episodes. (there also a Charles Dickens Episode that was fun as well)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I pay about $80/month for 30mbps, Netflix, free local HD channels, and new episodes of my favorite shows piecemeal(that I get to keep) which are all I would want to watch on TV anyways other than sports which are streamed 1 million different places for free.

I don't see how what you are describing would be a good deal at all(for me).

The only penalty I suffer is that I have to watch Doctor Who on Sunday mornings and Walking Dead on Monday nights. Doctor Who feels good as an adult version of my morning cartoons from a kid though, so that works out for me. But anyways, I think this season is going to be one of the better ones when it is all over. Not just because 50th anniversary, but I think it's going places that will be particularly interesting when we get there.
    Mine is horrible, yeah for small monopolies! Slow speeds high pay, consumerism to the core! I am digressing but to offset that I think ip is trying to steal/download my soul, I need dr. who to save meh!

For a split second I thought you were saying Lovecraft was more famous than Shakespeare and almost had a heart attack...then I realized that you just meant 'more authors'. I thought those episodes were pretty well done as well.

Just watched the Shakespeare/witches episode the other day. On a similar note, I loved the werewolf episode that created Torchwood.
    In my world Lovecraft>Shakespeare, he just very...outlandish....it fits me well. Not that Shakespeare is bad. Though I did enjoy those episodes, the wwII(?) one was pretty good, now that I think about ti we might have had 2 episodes that were around the time in wwII? The one were the biritsh was getting bombed and had a dalek and one with those children with the gas mask?

I want to see the Ood again, I quite liked them. I also like the hath, one of the creatures in the last episode looked to have that same water breathing thing as they did, wonder if it related in some way.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I kinda want them to expand more on that whole demon/god thing thats been brought up occasionally. Like with the devil that was living in the asteroid that claimed he was older than the universe.
    I think we might revisit it and learn a little more of it but will never know it completely. That would take the fun out of it.

How could he be older then the universe if time did not exist before then?:P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Definitely enjoying the new assistant

Anyone seen these yet?

http://mypaperdoctor.co.uk/
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Definitely enjoying the new assistant

Anyone seen these yet?

http://mypaperdoctor.co.uk/

Why do I feel he either wants to eat my soul or ask me to come in his blue box that has candy in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff? >_>
    That is a correct answer, But I would also take "before our universe there was an(or is it a? god damn english and it's rules!) universe that also had time" But then I would have responded "The laws of the universe would change universe from universe so our time equivalency might not make the other universe". :P

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    ~ HGttG

This quote explains doctor who very well, even though it is not a doctor who quote. Actually HGttG is very similar to Doctor who if you think about it, it has that same quirkiness that I love. Doctor who actually refers to HGttG a few times, hell I think adams wrote one or 2 classic doctor who episodes.

The new companion is beautiful and enjoyable to watch, a motivation to watch the series, though I think my previous love for the Doctor Who is starting to fade as I really couldn't be bothered with watching this new series and when I did I had a few too many "raises eyebrow... yawn" moments.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The new companion is beautiful and enjoyable to watch, a motivation to watch the series, though I think my previous love for the Doctor Who is starting to fade as I really couldn't be bothered with watching this new series and when I did I had a few too many "raises eyebrow... yawn" moments.
    Eh, one thing people have not metioned is while we have seen her a bit, she herself(in this form or w/e) has not traveled with the doctor, this was the first time that she ever has traveled with the dotcor but she acted like she has done it before, I am not sure if I really like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you mean :S She seemed pretty astonished/ amazed to me(apart from being a million light years away from earth and the first thing she does when she gets lost is follow a creepy demon girl into a dark secluded warehouse)0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I don't know what you mean :S She seemed pretty astonished/ amazed to me(apart from being a million light years away from earth and the first thing she does when she gets lost is follow a creepy demon girl into a dark secluded warehouse)0o
    I mean...all of the recent companions are written as free spirited, ready to be whisked away into the unknown. Even Donna, with her attitude still wasn't really that apprehensive about the actual concept. It seems a bit ridiculous, but it would be really patronizing on the audience to have to watch every companion spend any amount of time hemming and hawing about aliens/space and how they don't know if they are sure they want to go.

Better to just have them charge headfirst, be amazed at the wonderful things, and start developing their character and the plot. Both ways are silly, but one would make for a worse viewing experience overall.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Would be great to make a self-referential companion. One who gets picked up and goes "This is like that TV show, where they go seeing all these aliens and solving things. That's my favourite!" and takes to it like a duck to water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Would be great to make a self-referential companion. One who gets picked up and goes "This is like that TV show, where they go seeing all these aliens and solving things. That's my favourite!" and takes to it like a duck to water.
    Wouldn't be a stretch considering they bring up the 'Doctor Who?' thing like every other episode now. But...to be honest, I love it. It makes me laugh like a little nerd baby.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be a stretch considering they bring up the 'Doctor Who?' thing like every other episode now. But...to be honest, I love it. It makes me laugh like a little nerd baby.
    I also enjoy people asking what kind of doctor he is.

I recently started watching the new series starting from 2005. I've already watched the Matt Smith seasons. This Eccelson guy is not nearly as entertaining but you can tell while watching they are just feeling out the new series through the episodes. I have seen one episode with David Tennant (the one with River Song) and I'm actually pretty excited to get to watch his episodes since everyone talks so highly of him. The Doctor will likely always be Matt Smith in my mind though since he's the one I fell in love with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I recently started watching the new series starting from 2005. I've already watched the Matt Smith seasons. This Eccelson guy is not nearly as entertaining but you can tell while watching they are just feeling out the new series through the episodes. I have seen one episode with David Tennant (the one with River Song) and I'm actually pretty excited to get to watch his episodes since everyone talks so highly of him. The Doctor will likely always be Matt Smith in my mind though since he's the one I fell in love with.
    Matt Smith is definitely growing on me, but Tennant will be my Doctor. I didn't think Eccelson was too bad, but you are right with it feeling like they were testing the waters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Are you watching them in chronological order, as a true Dr Who fan should?

For me the only redeeming bit about this episode was the scene with Clara's parents backstory thought it was well put together

I enjoy reading IGN's reviews of episodes after they've aired. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...akhaten-review
    I thought the "George Lucas angle" was an interesting way to look at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Are you watching them in chronological order, as a true Dr Who fan should?
    Chronological order can be difficult in shows related in timey stuff. For instance I could watch in a pure timeline bases, or I could watch it in rivers perception of the timeline or the doctors.....

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I enjoy reading IGN's reviews of episodes after they've aired. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...akhaten-review
    I thought the "George Lucas angle" was an interesting way to look at it.
    The one thing about the episode is clara got the book super fast, it looked like she got on the bike and the next second she was there again. Also since the tardis would not open for her before, how did she get it then? Mwahahaha I broke their story!
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-11 at 03:51 PM.