Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weird...guess I'm just used to it because other shows have been following a similar format. (like the Walking Dead)
    BAD WOLF

im divided when it comes to the split, yeah it means we get who throughout the year instead of all at once but it also means that it takes longer to make the episodes because there are more breaks and whatnot and moffat has said he gets writers block alot which i think is also one of the reasons for the split, he takes so long to make up his mind if it was all at once it would take forever
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the 11th
    if only if only...

Why would they even tease me with something so lovely :S TBH...if they did do that it would the most jaw dropping moment in my life :S

9 minutes to go :P

wow.....
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-05-18 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    if only if only...

Why would they even tease me with something so lovely :S TBH...if they did do that it would the most jaw dropping moment in my life :S

9 minutes to go :P

wow.....
    you do know the fall of the eleventh isnt going to be eleven regenerating right? matt is confirmed to be on till the end of series 8 which means whatever the fall of the eleventh is it has nothing to do with his eleventh regeneration.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Introducing..the doctor...was a bit gimmicky lol :P

<3 Riversong

Okay, my mind is blown to hell with confusion,

Would someone like to explain John Hurt to me, additionally, how the hell does David Ten, fit into this as a special episode later this year

Not going to say anything else, as Im sure some havent seen it and it hasn't been aired in some locations iirc

I didn't find it over exciting, didn't really learn anything new in the grand scheme of stuff, or the name of the doctor.

Loved the episode, even with it's deux ex machina solution.

So I guess why Eccleston is the 9th Doctor is because Time War Doctor(John Hurt) used his actual name instead of "The Doctor".
    Making it so there are already 12 incarnations with him, but only 11 of them named "The Doctor".
    At least that is how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Okay, my mind is blown to hell with confusion,

Would someone like to explain John Hurt to me, additionally, how the hell does David Ten, fit into this as a special episode later this year

Not going to say anything else, as Im sure some havent seen it and it hasn't been aired in some locations iirc

From what I gather John hurt is the doctor who fought during the time war and ended the time lords.

Right now that makes marginally more sense, but that definitely should of been a 2 parter

From going outside the tomb to the IQ - Dr part was well to quick, from when he shouts run and she finds out about her "lost" memories

And the whole time stream thing could of fit into one episode itself

Well, that was amazing. Perfectly and neatly tied up those loose ends. Especially the Clara part.

Although, I am slightly confused about how Hurt works into this. He's basically not going to count towards the # of Doctors because he didn't call himself the Doctor, but he's another regeneration somewhere in there?

Also, kudos towards the Great Intelligence saying "The Valeyard" as one of the Doctor's "future" names

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Well, that was amazing. Perfectly and neatly tied up those loose ends. Especially the Clara part.

Although, I am slightly confused about how Hurt works into this. He's basically not going to count towards the # of Doctors because he didn't call himself the Doctor, but he's another regeneration somewhere in there?
    Basically he is the 9th incarnation, but not counted as "The Doctor". Eccleston being the 10th incarnation BUT the 9th Doctor etc. So that means the Doctor has 1 live less than expected
    Last edited by dirk123; 2013-05-18 at 06:55 PM.

WTB trip on Tardis to November have many puntable Gnomes in the offering

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Loved the episode, even with it's deux ex machina solution.

So I guess why Eccleston is the 9th Doctor is because Time War Doctor(John Hurt) used his actual name instead of "The Doctor".
    Making it so there are already 12 incarnations with him, but only 11 of them named "The Doctor".
    At least that is how I understand it.
    I could be wrong ofcourse but I always thought Eccleston was the Time War Doctor
    Last edited by Risale; 2013-05-18 at 07:02 PM.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Basically he is the 9th incarnation, but not counted as "The Doctor". Eccleston being the 10th incarnation BUT the 9th Doctor etc. So that means the Doctor has 1 live less than expected
    Ohh. Okay. Cool. Thanks. I was super happy with that ending.

When will it be back now? In autumn/fall, or back for the Christmas episode?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 08:00 PM ----------

Also, that part where he kissed River Song was hilarious. Jenny, Strax and whatsherface's faces.. hah.

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 08:00 PM ----------

Also, that part where he kissed River Song was hilarious. Jenny, Strax and whatsherface's faces.. hah.
    As the end credits say. November.
    So November the 50th anniversary and than waiting till December for the Christmas episode (unless they skip Christmas this year)

23 nov wasn't it?

Also, I can't wait to see how david ten plays into this, it said it was to do with the 50th special, could be 3 doctors in one episode? oO

As the end credits say. November.
    So November the 50th anniversary and than waiting till December for the Christmas episode (unless they skip Christmas this year)
    Thanks. I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    23 nov wasn't it?

Also, I can't wait to see how david ten plays into this, it said it was to do with the 50th special, could be 3 doctors in one episode? oO

At least yes. Could be some OldWho Doctors making an actual appearance too, since we have only seen images on the net of outside filming, not the filming on sets.

well since hes a duplicate / clone what ever you want to call it, its always been likely he will make a appereance,

But having another doctor come into the play, its mind boggling how their going to spin off avoiding a paradox, I mean look what happened when rose saved her father, that was a tiny act in comparison