Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Page 6 of 625 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    At least the new 2005 series with Christopher Eccleston.
    First episode is called Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    Start with the revamp and then if you like it you can watch the older episodes
    Awesome, thanks.

Deleted
    ..I -love- the series! And the spinoff, Torchwood!
    Started watching the older Dr.Who episodes when I was 10 and well...been in love eversince.
    Even though I do have to join the chanting fanbase praising Tennant, The emotion he was able to convey through his facial expressions and eyes was just...

Tennant was a really good doctor no doubt, but im happy with Smith, he might end up being my fvourite yet, and i started watching Dr. Who in 2005, but ive gone back and seen most of the episodes since the appearance of the fifth doctor.
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
    So its worth watching. I can't remember her name but the woman singing was amazing as well. At least they have Smith's writing sorted it seems with this, and he seems to have worked out what he's doing rather than failing at copying Tennant's mannerisms.
    I dont agree with you completely i must say, Matt smith plays a rather diffrent doctor, one who seems very vengeful and angry compared to Eccelston who was very happy, but at the same time quite down quickly when ever something bad happend, Tennant did one of the best jobs done to date, and with this we have to remember, half-way through season 4 tennant announced he whould not step down from the spotlight, so season 5 is written for Matt, tho, Russel T. Davies is no longer a writer for the new season which is probably what you're missing. Matt have had a enormous job ahead of him following Tennant, who by many Whovians have been called the best doctor to date, tho most people preffer 4th one, cant remember the actors name. Fifth one is the oldest doctor ive seen so far, I digress, Smith have had a rather big job ahead of him following tennant, and so far i must say he's not done abseloutely terrible, my favourite episode in s5 was probably the one with the angels as he really came to life as the doctor for me in that one. also, i really, really, really hate those weeping angels.

Anyway, I think Matt can easily become a great doctor, but tennant is hard to top, still lets give him a chance shall we ?
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Question [TV] Doctor Who

I just watched my first episode of Doctor Who (S1 EP1) with my father. It seemed really cheesy but I really like premise behind the show. Can anyone tell me that it gets better over time? (Figured this would be the place to ask since gamers love Sci-Fi shows )

Thanks!
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

Are you trolling? O_O

Hell yes it gets better, In my opinion each Doctor is better with the last, Eccleston is good but Tennant blew him out of the water. Likewise Matt Smith just feels natural...

Story wise they get better, 1st season was kinda cheesy i guess, 2nd series onwards just got so amazing.

Are you talking old school 60s dr. who? or the new series?

If its the new one, it only continues to get better after David Tennant takes over the role. Matt Smith(the newest doctor) is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordaf View Post
    Are you trolling? O_O
    You use that word but i dont think you know what it means,

It's the single longest running scifi show in the world for a reason

and don't be silly, of course I know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post

If its the new one, it only continues to get better after David Tennant takes over the role. Matt Smith(the newest doctor) is fantastic.
    I figured the new 2005 version. Rare to see episode 1.

Edit: Damnit people stop replying before me, i wanted my post to tag onto my older one. Red font makes me smile D:

Netflix has a nice span of all the old stuff.

Slowly been working through those for the past couple months... Decent way into Troughton now.

Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post

The new series :P

Looks like its an overall yes to my question haha. Glad to hear. The 2011 series trailer looks incredibly professional!
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

Tennant is considered to be the best doctor ever in doctor who series but it is not wise to mention that there are doctorS in the film :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged with a previous doctor who thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Thread moved as i had a huge reply typed out, Crabby thinks you are out to get us... Anyways.

Yes, the show is wonderful. You will enjoy it more and more, and the cheese/camp sort of grows on you. Tennant and Smith both use that camp very well, but in very different ways. Tennant had that cold hard core feel deep underneath the camp. Smith has much more cheese, i mean come on...fezzs are cool :P
    Last edited by ciggy; 2011-04-11 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really glad they killed that fez....

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Tennant is considered to be the best doctor ever in doctor who series but it is not wise to mention that there are doctorS in the film :P
    Yeah, David Tennant is the best doctor by so much it's really not even a competition.

Not to say all the others weren't absolutely amazing as well, but David Tennant... He... I don't know, he was born to play that role and is absolutely freaking fantastic at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Can't wait for the next season, April 20th i believe!!

Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    Really glad they killed that fez....
    I wear a stetson now, stetsons are cool!

Thats his new thing, I wear X now, X is cool.
    Its like Alonsi!

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 05:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vath View Post
    Can't wait for the next season, April 20th i believe!!
    23rd! And as far as i know UK/Canada/America all get it on the same day for once No watching on the internet or waiting for an upload!