Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Page 7 of 626 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    Really glad they killed that fez....
    WHAT?! Fezzes are cool, man. Way cool.

All the Doctors were wonderful. Tennant was one of the best, however Ecceleston had one of the best lines ever:

"Rose, before I go I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I." So good.

April 23rd here in the States... DVR already set to record BBC America every Saturday at 9pm... Doctor Who Season 6. Who's got two thumbs and is excited beyond belief? THIS GUY!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently watch all 5 seasons in about 4 days. I almost didnt after season 1 episode 1. The whole plastic army almost turned me off. But the writing is so well done.... You would punish yourself if you didnt watch all of it.

The Season 4 "Turn Left".... the end was just so amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen one episode (The one with the angel statues that covered their faces) and I thought it was the coolest show in the world! But now I can't find where I saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Warlight View Post
    I've only seen one episode (The one with the angel statues that covered their faces) and I thought it was the coolest show in the world! But now I can't find where I saw it
    Americano? Probally BBC America or Sci-Fi

I've had to go to website to find it, either we don't have the right BBC channel or the BBC channel we have doesn't show it. It's really frustrating. My mom was a big Who fan (she loved Tom Baker) so I've literally loved the show for a good 25 years (I'm 30). Daleks used to scare me when I was little, now they're my favorite villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I've had to go to website to find it, either we don't have the right BBC channel or the BBC channel we have doesn't show it. It's really frustrating. My mom was a big Who fan (she loved Tom Baker) so I've literally loved the show for a good 25 years (I'm 30). Daleks used to scare me when I was little, now they're my favorite villain.
    Mind if i ask what country? Might be another channel, like in Canada, BBC Canada doesnt play it yet Space does...

I'm in the USA. We've had old reruns on Syfy and stuff, but the new shows I've had to go online to find. Been using this website to watch it (in low quality half the time):

http://www.watch-doctor-who-online.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I'm in the USA. We've had old reruns on Syfy and stuff, but the new shows I've had to go online to find. Been using this website to watch it (in low quality half the time):

http://www.watch-doctor-who-online.com
    BBC America plays it, its going to be showing the new series on the 23rd aswell

http://doctorwho.bbcamerica.com/

They might even upload the series to their website if you cant watch it on TV. Quality would be much better.

They even have a channel finder at the top of the page

oh nice. I'll bookmark that

Deleted
    best show ever, period

Deleted
    If anyone thinks Doctor Who (and/or Matt Smith) is bad, he's clearly mad. Sci-fi-that-isn't-sci-fi and the doctorest doctor yet. I'm not a big fan of the current showrunner, but he's still making cracking (pun intended) stories.
    In other words, out of 10, I give DW 12.

Deleted
    Tennant was fantastic. I don't think anyone could really ever outdo him as the Doctor, but Matt Smith was (surprisingly) incredibly good.
    Ecclestone is an incredible actor, but I just didn't like the character he played. The doctor then was too damaged goods for me really.

I really did think I'd just stop bothering to watch when I heard that Tennant was out, but I gave Smith a chance and am really glad I did so. The last few episodes of his series were some of the best episodes ever made.

Plus that redhead girl is REALLY fit.

Doctor who is all about the characters and them interacting with eachother, it's a great show that feels truly enchanting The sets are rediculous and everything is cheesy, but that's part of the charm you will come to love

Also, look forward to the episodes written by Steven Moffat, they are all about time-loops and all sorts of crazy stuff, it's brilliant
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Americano? Probally BBC America or Sci-Fi
    The downside with watching Doctor Who on Syfy is that it's not in Hi-Def... Even on SyfyHD, it's not. It's stupid letter box 4:3 SD. Syfy can suck it, forcing my Doctor into standard definition

R.I.P. Lis Sladen.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I watched most of season 5 with the new doctor.. To be honest the loss of Russel T. Davies writing episodes was ridiculously noticeable. I actually didnt mind Matt Smith (?) as the new doctor, but he could have been so much more with better written episodes - this naturally makes David Tennant seem like the better doctor, which he of course is.

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Inferis View Post
    Doctor who is all about the characters and them interacting with eachother, it's a great show that feels truly enchanting The sets are rediculous and everything is cheesy, but that's part of the charm you will come to love

Also, look forward to the episodes written by Steven Moffat, they are all about time-loops and all sorts of crazy stuff, it's brilliant
    Hey, I always felt his episodes were kind of weak.. Like the face in the stone paver.. etc (know the one?)

I'm also a fan of Tennant as being Doctor for longer. If only we didn't have to go through so much with him and Donna Noble and could have had more Doctor and Martha Jones.

I'm not sure any Doctor in the future will be able to sustain any more than three of four series at most (including Matt Smith). And I'm worried that the limitation lies in the companions rather than the doctor. To me, while it is without a shadow of a doubt my favourite TV-series, the companions just seem to get a bit stuck in a rut quickly. I was half-way bored with Rose already when the Doctor regenerated and by the end of series 2 I was glad to see her go, just because she no longer brought anything new to the show, in any way.

Luckily, this is being shaken up a bit with the new series, I'm looking forward to a proper male companion. I am also very much a fan of the Rory/Amy relationship and, to an extent, the Doctor/Amy relationship. The only thing I'm worried about in terms of companions right now is that Steven Moffat starts reusing River Song for everything. She's a fascinating character, but I imagine she'd get boring really fast if given a semi-permanent role. Showing up in 2-3 stories per series is just fine for her.

Mind you, this is just my personal opinion. Nothing I can really back up with fact, it's just how I feel about it all.

Short answer yes. Long answer hell yes.

People's opinions on favourite companion? I didnt mind Amy, but I think overall Rose wins.