It can hardly be worse...then again, I keep saying that....
It can hardly be worse...then again, I keep saying that....
No game will ever kill wow. Though Blizard themselves are making a pretty damm good attempt lately.
THE FIRST RULE OF BRAWLERS GUILD IS YOU DO NOT GET INVITED TO BRAWLERS GUILD.
I preferred the last season of Tennant's to most of what we've got. Show's still good though, so will keep watching forever.
One plot-hole I loved was outlined by a forum poster, rewriting the parting message left in the book by Amy for the Doctor, saying instead "Hey, We know you can't come back to our time period as it's time-locked or whatever... so we decided to move to Yonkers (people here were giving us weird looks anyways). Right now we'll be at bus terminal 174 on Ardmore and Main at 3:57pm. See you then!"
One friend of mine said "I cried when Rory and Amy looked at each other, then both jumped off the building". I said "yeah, I should've been crying... if it wasn't for my brain saying "Why the hell isn't the Statue of Liberty chewing on their bones by now? For that matter... why the hell isn't ANYBODY else seeing the statue being no longer on Elis Island!?"
I've been a classic series fan for almost 30 years, and there's one thing the new series really shames me to say as it goes against all that the original series did - and that's in order for me to enjoy it, I have to turn my thoughts off. >_<
---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 03:03 AM ----------
As a fan of the show for 30 years, it shaped my childhood. Classic Series Doctor Who is the Grandfather I never had... he was my role model, that taught me right from wrong, and that being different is a very good thing.
...30 years later, my said grandfather I never had is now very senile, gibbering to himself goofy nonsensical things while slapping the asses of the hospital nurses and waitresses...
To answer your question...could you willingly just abandon one of your greatest family members simply because he's not right anymore - or would you want to help him get better? :P
Short Answer: I have hopes they will correct themselves and bring it back to more story, less emo.
Last edited by mvallas; 2012-11-20 at 03:04 AM.
Isn't it immature that you call him Donald "Dump"?
I agree, it's childish and stupid - and that's my point. it's meant as a deliberate mockery of his blatant disrespect via using "Crooked Hillary", and thus I can call him "Dump" since he dumps his campaign promises, dumps campaign managers, dumps his wives, wants to dump the first amendment, dumps common-sense war ethics and dumps the use of proper English in favor of a mongrel white-trash dialect.
Yeah. There were so, so, so many nonsensical plot holes in that last episode.
Ok. The TARDIS He can't go back to where Amy and Rory are. Fine, so they leave New York and go somewhere else. Or the Doctor waits and picks them up a week later once the disturbance has passed. Or River, who can ignore all that timey wimey stuff goes and gets them...
a great show indeed. 9/10
Does anyone know when the new episodes are going to air?
And lo and behold, while I'm typing this, I do a quick search just to make sure and I find.....
NME - Sherlock Season 3 filming to be delayed?
Oh well at least we'll have a month and a bit of Doctor Who to enjoy. :<
From what I remember though, they always start around Easter. So around late March/early April is my guess for the latter part of the season.
Last edited by Dyra; 2012-11-27 at 02:28 PM.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
Nooooo that sucks, Fuck the Star Trek sequal, it's going to suck anyway stop filming that and make more damn Sherlock you wierd faced bastard
That link makes me sad :'(
I do say looking back on the fist half of this season you feel like so far this season is truly missing an episode that makes you do a double take on historical events. It needs its own Fires of Pompeii, Day of the Moon, Girl in the Fireplace, Shakespeare Code. Something that makes gives you a feel of right under our noses. Ive enjoyed those episodes so much more being the history dork that i am.
The bulk of the last few seasons lack this sort of familiarity we have with history. Often it was what helped the original series get going. I think they said that in a post production of the original series that they tried to (for childrens education of course) go into the past, and then progress into the future to really emphasize the time travel and give a lesson. Obviously the show has traveled long and far away from it's educational side. In the end, I really want to see something distinctly more sci-fi meets history in contrast to whats mostly been just strictly sci-fi.
Earlier i was regular on this show but now i prefer to watch this show online in my free time. Such a great entertaining show.
Its hard to make xmas specials every year. This will be the 6th one? I'm going to throw some ideas out for future xmas specials, and watch over the next 10 years they will do something similar to a few of them.
1. Some sort of magic, alien santa hat that takes over people's minds. Maybe a whole slew of them invading Earth.
2. The Doctor lands inside some alien snowglobe and has to escape before something terrible happens.
3. Flying reindeer really exist, but they are actually aliens! Helpful ones, as it turns out. But they are in danger and the Doctor has to save them.
4. In the 1800s England, a mysterious man warps around town using a time machine to deliver presents to all kids in one night. But what is he really up to and can the Doctor stop him?
5. A great blizzard strikes England that never lets up. Whiteout conditions paralyze the country. Can the Doctor save the day?
6. The TARDIS is mistaken for an xmas toy and presented to a great galactic king. Can the Doctor get his TARDIS back?
7. A magic alien "santa" sack that can fulfill anyone's wishes as long as it can be packaged, wrapped up in a bow, and pulled from the bag, turns out to be cursed and starts killing people. The Doctor has to destroy the malevolent entity behind the sack's creation.
8. Oppressed elves on an alien world seek freedom from their "santa" like slave master with the Doctor's help.
9. The most amazing ice-skating rink ever built draws people from all over England. Everything goes well - until people start disappearing on xmas eve. What is going on, and can the Doctor save us all?
10. A xmas story based on "the Nutcracker".
Of course, I am avoiding the snowman theme on purpose due to this year's special.
"You give us money, we give you content" -- Russ Brown, VP of Developement for Rift
Something some MMO companies seem to have forgotten.
Golyr - Faeblight / Golgarax - Argent Dawn