Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

  1. #1061
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Doubt they will go from jolly, silly, childlike doctor to "I'm going to blow up your planet and giggle while I do it" doctor. :S
    Sixth Doctor to Seventh Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  2. #1062
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    guess whoever wrote the wikipedia article got mixed up lol
    someone on Wikipedia was wrong? But.. that NEVER happens . Seriously though, it's an honest mistake to make, the two series are VERY similar, just one is multi award winning, praised as some of the greatest sci fi TV ever created and the other is Stargate


    Well maybe the next doctor will be a bit darker, not quite Rabby C dark, but darker than Smith...

    Then the next one, the 13th Doc, which correct me if I'm wrong, is the one where shit goes very very wrong, very very fast, bring in big C and watch him terrify a whole generation of young kids!
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  3. #1063
    Banned Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Sure they will! First Matt Smith just has to gradually lose his mind and age take its toll and BAM! From silly to completely bonkers and morally deprived!
    Taking this and running away with it....

    If he really spends half a season chasing after a mysterious girl who exists through space and time (like a time lord) only to find out he can never save her, putting him at odds with something (time) he is supposed to be a lord of, I can see him heading to some very, very low places. Especially considering that her more than likely ultimate fate is to be converted into a Dalek, which are his greatest enemies, I imagine he would be world destroying furious again. Like...trying to eradicate Dalek's from all existence in every reality forever furious.

    *tin foil hat off*

    We all know it's never going to happen. Modern audiences like a likeable doctor, with appropriate quirks, and only flashes or nuances of darkness that go mostly unnoticed by the general population as normal 'anger'.

  4. #1064
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If he really spends half a season chasing after a mysterious girl who exists through space and time (like a time lord) only to find out he can never save her, putting him at odds with something (time) he is supposed to be a lord of, I can see him heading to some very, very low places. Especially considering that her more than likely ultimate fate is to be converted into a Dalek, which are his greatest enemies, I imagine he would be world destroying furious again. Like...trying to eradicate Dalek's from all existence in every reality forever furious.
    That's actually a pretty good idea , I would be pretty happy if that was the direction this season took... to be honest it's not outside the bounds of possibility, this is moffat we're talking about here, he likes to play the long game.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  5. #1065
    Change of mind, they're going to follow through with finally letting a Doctor have a scottish accent and they'll bring in...

    * drum roll...






    Billy Connolly!


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  6. #1066
    well according to his twitter john (captain jack) wont be in the 50th his sister also tweeted that the bbc was mad at him for what he said earlier about the 50th.

    its possible hes just lying to try to cover up his involvement, hopefully, but it seemed more like a definitive no.

    if he isnt in the 50th i really hope he shows up soon, i really miss the recurring role he played in the rtd era
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #1067
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,793
    why does it say 1/8 episodes ? isn't this the second half of the season?

  8. #1068
    There are 8 episodes in the second half of the season.

  9. #1069
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,793
    yeh guess it is around the same amount of episodes as previous seasons..was just expecting it to be 4 episodes because the first "half" was 4 :P

  10. #1070
    I once tried to get into Dr. Who. But it's so cheesy and corny.


    How can I better appreciate Dr. Who?

  11. #1071
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,793
    You can't really...if you watched a few episodes and didn't like it, you are beyond help :P

    People just get into the story, characters and plot lines they want to keep watching to have their questions answered :P The strange monsters and exciting stories are just the icing on the cake :P

  12. #1072
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You can't really...if you watched a few episodes and didn't like it, you are beyond help :P

    People just get into the story, characters and plot lines they want to keep watching to have their questions answered :P The strange monsters and exciting stories are just the icing on the cake :P
    I watched probably half of the first season of the newer Dr. Who, and honestly it looks like it was filmed in a garage for the most part. It looks to have a terrible budget.

  13. #1073
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,134
    Try and look past the budget, for example Sparticus, i'm watching it atm and the effects are down right terrible at times, but the show itself is amazing. Same for Dr who, just look past it, hard at first i know, i couldn't at first but it's worth it :P

  14. #1074
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,793
    It gets better :P

    Quality takes a huge leap forward at season 5

    Thinking of season one..we haven't seen the Slitheen for ages 0o
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-03-29 at 10:57 PM.

  15. #1075
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kingston upon thames
    Posts
    15,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It gets better :P

    Quality takes a huge leap forward at season 5

    Thinking of season one..we haven't seen the Slitheen for ages 0o

    I nearly stopped watching because of the slitheen!

    Anyway if you don't like the show then you don't like it. It's very cheesy and corny at times
    Too cool for a signature

  16. #1076
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,793
    love the tardis sound when it's struggling >.<

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9336772...n/photostream/

    out of sync for some reason >.<


    also what's with youtube, it used to have tons of videos such as the season 5 near miss with big ben...all i can find now it stupid minecraft videos -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-03-29 at 11:40 PM.

  17. #1077
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I nearly stopped watching because of the slitheen!

    Anyway if you don't like the show then you don't like it. It's very cheesy and corny at times
    Oh god, me too. I HATED the slitheen! Boring race, terrible costuming


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  18. #1078
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,373
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I watched probably half of the first season of the newer Dr. Who, and honestly it looks like it was filmed in a garage for the most part. It looks to have a terrible budget.
    Start on Season 5 then, the show is a million times better at that point. It actually looks really good, refering to the weeping angels two parter. Love spaceship forest.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  19. #1079
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,134


    Pretty awesome trailer!

  20. #1080
    Cybermen! Yay! I've missed you!


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •