Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

I don't see why it can't be real, they need to start filming soon and it's going to be hard to keep it secret once they start filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Strangely because McGann did so much radio drama as the Doctor he actually has the most stories and fiction, non of which is cannon for the show unless the writers or producers use something from it.
    Except that both RTD and Moffat have said that Doctor Who doesn't really have a "canon". Even BBC won't say what is canon and what is not.

The producer for the television series from 2005 to 2009, Russell T Davies, has claimed that he's "just the writer...I've got no more authority over the text than you!",saying "(Canon) is a word which has never been used in the production office, not once, not ever". He also said that considering the Doctor Who audio plays as being uncanonical is both "boring and idiotic".
    Davies' successor, Steven Moffat declared at a convention in 2008 that, "It is impossible for a show about a dimension-hopping time traveller to have a canon."

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Except that both RTD and Moffat have said that Doctor Who doesn't really have a "canon". Even BBC won't say what is canon and what is not.
    well i mean he must consider it to have canon since he said the entire reason he created the timewar was so he could break it if he needed to by saying "timewar did it"

- - - Updated - - -

i hope whoever the new doctor is i like them.

as long as it isnt a woman im sure it will be fine
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well i mean he must consider it to have canon since he said the entire reason he created the timewar was so he could break it if he needed to by saying "timewar did it"

- - - Updated - - -

i hope whoever the new doctor is i like them.

as long as it isnt a woman im sure it will be fine
    As a woman myself, I do NOT want a woman Doctor. Bleh.

Listening to the Proms now... amazing rendition of Clara's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    As a woman myself, I do NOT want a woman Doctor. Bleh.
    id like it if they brought in a female timelord though like the rani
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

id like it if they brought in a female timelord though like the rani
    That'd be a ball, but the Doctor himself.. No. Romana was fun, let's leave it at the companions. That's kind of why they exist, they're the gender/race wild card. That sounded prejudice but I'm just not for them changing the Doctor so drastically.

Edit, I just tuned into the proms, I'm guessing no new Doctor was announced but they're sort of running out of time now. Looks like a dud report. Bummer.

im watching the proms and i wasnt paying attention and i heard them say "introducing the new doctor" and i was like WHAT and then they said "john hurt" and i was like oh lol

- - - Updated - - -

well looks like its over. no new doctor news

im watching the proms and i wasnt paying attention and i heard them say "introducing the new doctor" and i was like WHAT and then they said "john hurt" and i was like oh lol

- - - Updated - - -

well looks like its over. no new doctor news
    Unless the report meant that and it was interpreted wrong?

Deleted
    I'd watch Georgia Moffett as the Doctor, extremely cute. I'd really like to know what happened to her character after we last saw her. That she didn't resurface seems a bit odd to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I'd watch Georgia Moffett as the Doctor, extremely cute. I'd really like to know what happened to her character after we last saw her. That she didn't resurface seems a bit odd to me.
    Daughter of Peter Davison, wife of David Tennant, She'll be the mother of the first real time-lord. (lol)

All seriousness I am sure no matter who they pick they will be good for the role, my money and hope is on, Richard Ayoade.

Daughter of Peter Davison, wife of David Tennant, She'll be the mother of the first real time-lord. (lol)

All seriousness I am sure no matter who they pick they will be good for the role, my money and hope is on, Richard Ayoade.
    Richard Ayoade would be awesome. He cracks me up.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Richard Ayoade would be awesome. He cracks me up.
    As a spoof Doctor, yes. As the real one...no. Though I don't know how his serious mode chops are, as I've only seen him in comedies, I think at this point in his career he needs to break out of being typecast otherwise be doomed to become the black, british David Spade.

And no one wants that to happen to their career.
    BAD WOLF

i dont like his hair. the doctor has to have cool hair

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    i dont like his hair. the doctor has to have cool hair

10+ Year Old Account
    That was cool hair back then.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    That was cool hair back then.

I would go with crazy hair... but sure, I was a kid at that time and many people over used hair dryers to achieve hideous curls. Didn't make it cool. It was more who had time to use a blow dryer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with crazy hair... but sure, I was a kid at that time and many people over used hair dryers to achieve hideous curls. Didn't make it cool. It was more who had time to use a blow dryer.
    Eh. Jewfros became feathered hair became the pound of hair gel and razor spikes on men's heads that have been popular since the 90s. TBH, as someone who did gel their hair and now has pretty long hair for a guy, I'd prefer we go back in time.

Though Matt Smith's hair was particularly classy, they still clearly use gobs of hair gel to accomplish the perfection we see on the screen. Between him and Tennant they've probably supported an entire third world country just from the show's purchase of hair products.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Jewfros became feathered hair became the pound of hair gel and razor spikes on men's heads that have been popular since the 90s. TBH, as someone who did gel their hair and now has pretty long hair for a guy, I'd prefer we go back in time.

Though Matt Smith's hair was particularly classy, they still clearly use gobs of hair gel to accomplish the perfection we see on the screen. Between him and Tennant they've probably supported an entire third world country just from the show's purchase of hair products.
    umm, yah, very true.

yeah i have my hair just like matts and without gel mine doesnt stay still if its windy and i constantly have to fix it all the time