Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

so karens hair is going to be in star wars O-O

"Was it just very liberating to shave your head, or did you have any moments of tears while they were doing it?

GILLAN: No, I was laughing hysterically. It really hit me when I woke up the next morning. That's when I was like, "Oh, my god, where's my hair?!" But also, everyone kept me in good spirit. Everyone was laughing and telling jokes. Marvel are the best company to work for, they really are. They treat you really well. They made my hair into the most incredible well-made wig and they gave it to the Star Wars people. It's just so funny to think that my hair is made into a wig, next to all these Star Wars monster heads in a warehouse. I thought that was really funny"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I really don't get why she shaved her head. From the trailers I've seen, there's so much makeup on her head that nobody would have noticed a skull-cap.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I really don't get why she shaved her head. From the trailers I've seen, there's so much makeup on her head that nobody would have noticed a skull-cap.
    B/c it's cheaper and they probably asked her too. To be slightly less politically correct, it's also one of those female actor empowerment things to slap on a resume. "Oh yeah, I totally went GI Jane. I'm a legit actress. Bring me the real roles." Essentially her opting to do it is much more respectable than her being all prissy about her hair.
    BAD WOLF

Because, this happened:

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... She looks REALLY good with short hair, maybe that's why she did it .

And you realise I'm now going to be watching the new star wars, looking for familiar red hair
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wow... She looks REALLY good with short hair, maybe that's why she did it .

And you realise I'm now going to be watching the new star wars, looking for familiar red hair
    And what if you find it on a Wookie's ass?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    And what if you find it on a Wookie's ass?
    It'll be Chewie's toupee.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

theres going to be a john hurt minisode

"The stars and celebrity fans of six of the biggest TV shows of last year will be appearing on tonight's One Show in an attempt to grab viewers' votes for this year's Bafta Radio Times Audience Award.

The Day of the Doctor star John Hurt is filming a special segment for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary episode"

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...audience-award
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I don't think that means an actual mini-episode, but rather that Hurt will be included in the Doctor Who piece of the One Show.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know the progress on filming?

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Anyone know the progress on filming?
    there a good ways into it now. couple days ago they were filming robots of sherwood.

should be out late august/early september

Deleted
    Ep 1 & 2 are done, seems that 4 is done or nearly done, and last days they were on n°3.

there was a bunch of polls where they took each episode from the new series and pit them against the same numbered episodes. (basically all the episode 1's against eachother, all the episode 2's ect ect)

heres the best episodes as voted by the fans. episodes 1 - 8

Episode 1: The Eleventh Hour - series 5

Episode 2: Day of the Moon - series 6

Episode 3: School Reunion - series 2

Episode 4: The Doctor’s Wife - series 6

Episode 5: The Angels Take Manhattan - series 7

Episode 6: Dalek - series 1

Episode 7: A Good Man Goes to War - series 6

Episode 8: Silence in the Library - series 4.

so far it looks like series 6 has the most popular episodes. seems like series 3 so far has gotten no love O-O

also for fun here are the 13 least voted episodes and the least voted of the rtd and moffat specials

Episode 1: New Earth - series 2

Episode 2: The Beast Below - series 5

Episode 3: The Curse of the Black Spot - series 6

Episode 4: Daleks in Manhattan - series 3

Episode 5: Evolution of the Daleks - series 3

Episode 6: The Lazarus Experiment - series 3

Episode 7: The Idiot’s Lantern - series 2

Episode 8: The Hungry Earth - series 5

Episode 9: Night Terrors - series 6

Episode 10: Love & Monsters - series 2

Episode 11: Fear Her - series 2

Episode 12: Closing Time - series 6

Episode 13: The Wedding of River Song - series 6

so series 6 and series 2 seem to have the least liked episodes, while series 6 also (so far) has the most liked episodes as well.

RTD Special: Planet of the Dead

Moffat Special: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

ill post the most popular 9 - 13 episodes and specials once they come up.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...ctor+Who+TV%29
    Last edited by Immitis; 2014-04-18 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the disliked i agree on but some of the best i don't .... Good man goes to war only had two good things which was intro of Rory attacking cybermen and finding out who river was >.< Depends what the alternatives were though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    all the disliked i agree on but some of the best i don't .... Good man goes to war only had two good things which was intro of Rory attacking cybermen and finding out who river was >.< Depends what the alternatives were though :P
    The Long Game - Series 1
    The Idiot's Lantern - Series 2
    42 - Series 3
    The Unicorn and the Wasp - Series 4
    Amy's Choice - Series 5
    The Bells of Saint John - Series 7

most popular episodes as voted by the fans 9 - 13 plus rtd and moffat specials

Episode 9: The Empty Child - series 1

Episode 10: Blink - series 3

Episode 11: Turn Left - series 4

Episode 12: The Pandorica Opens - series 5

Episode 13: The Name of the Doctor - series 7

Russell T Davies Special: The Waters of Mars

Steven Moffat Special: The Day of the Doctor

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...ials-62621.htm

- - - Updated - - -

using that list ill put the most popular series via most popular episodes in order

series 1 - 2 episodes

series 2 - 1 episode

series 3 - 1 episode

series 4 - 2 episodes

series 5 - 2 episodes

series 6 - 3 episodes

series 7 - 2 episodes

so series 6 has the most popular episodes

least popular per series

series 1 - 0 episodes

series 2 - 4 episodes

series 3 - 3 episodes

series 4 - 0 episodes

series 5 - 2 episodes

series 6 - 4 episodes

series 7 - 0 episodes

so series 6 seems to be you love it one episode hate it the next. series 2 and series 3 seem to be the least liked with only 1 most popular episode each and series 2 tying with 6 for least popular episodes.

I mean, aren't those the series where new Doctors are introduced? I remember kind of disliking David Tennant showing up after Eccleston, he seemed too flip, too comedic, etc, but then he turned out to be my favorite Doctor. Same thing with Matt Smith, it took awhile for him to grow on me (though Tennant for life, damn you all!)

edit: I guess 5 is when Matt Smith jumped on, but I think the up-and-down nature is at least in part due to the cyclical nature of who plays the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, aren't those the series where new Doctors are introduced? I remember kind of disliking David Tennant showing up after Eccleston, he seemed too flip, too comedic, etc, but then he turned out to be my favorite Doctor. Same thing with Matt Smith, it took awhile for him to grow on me (though Tennant for life, damn you all!)

edit: I guess 5 is when Matt Smith jumped on, but I think the up-and-down nature is at least in part due to the cyclical nature of who plays the Doctor.
    series 2 really did have alot of awful episodes in it though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Snip
    The 6th series was highly liked and hated, hehehehe. People did not dislike the season that they favored 2 episodes(besides 5).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose