Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I have one too!! It's awesome Yay us
    I would totally have that if I had any cookies.

QQ
    Belief can become reality!

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Saw on Twitter, Colin Baker retweeted it
    Fantastic!

And I do think that the 6th and 12th Doctors have a lot in common character-wise.

This exchange between the Doctor and Peri could have just as easily been between the Doctor and Clara -

The Doctor: Ahhh... a noble brow. Clear gaze. At least it will be given a few hours sleep. A firm mouth. A face beaming with a vast intelligence. My dear child what on Earth are you complaining about? It's the most extraordinary improvement.
    Peri: Improvement?! On what?!
    The Doctor: My last incarnation... oh, I was never happy with that one. It had a sort of feckless "charm" which simply wasn't me
    Peri: What absolute rubbish! You were almost young, and you were sweet.
    The Doctor: "Sweet?!" Effete! Sweet? Sweet? That says it all. No, this has been a timely change... Change? What change? There is no change... no time, no rhyme, no place for space, nothing! Nothing but the grinding engines of the universe, the crushing boredom of eternity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Do you think Matt Smith still watches it, i know Christopher Eccleston didn't/ doesn't for *reasons* and David Tennant does because he's wonderful in every way, but not too sure if Matt Smith would be a fan if he wasn't in it >.<

Smith was a fan before being cast as the Doctor, so I'm sure he will watch when he can.
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Smith was a fan before being cast as the Doctor, so I'm sure he will watch when he can.
    Seems like all of them are fans. Capaldi watches/watched the show too I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I'll be glad when we get past the leaked bits... I never know if the spoiler tag is covering something from last week's episode (in deference to those who haven't seen it) or is a spoiler about future episodes from some weak-willed person who couldn't wait and watched the leaked stuff.
    I've put on ignore people who talk about the leaked episodes.

Capaldi is a fan from way back! I think Eccleston was really the only actor in the role who didn't have some relationship with the show, at least since the original series days (eg William Hartnell is said to have claimed the only actor whom could possibly replace him was Patrick Troughton, and Troughton recalled the BBC constantly coming at him with better and better offers until he could not refuse, despite feeling he was not right for the role).

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Do you think Matt Smith still watches it, i know Christopher Eccleston didn't/ doesn't for *reasons* and David Tennant does because he's wonderful in every way, but not too sure if Matt Smith would be a fan if he wasn't in it >.<
    yes he does. he even still goes to dinner with moffat sometimes so he can tell him some spoilers

- - - Updated - - -

heres the prequel from the theater

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Those had all been released earlier.

As an aside, goddamn people talking during the movie!!!!

Ahem.

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I've put on ignore people who talk about the leaked episodes.
    Good, i didn't want to talk to a mardy person like you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Good, i didn't want to talk to a mardy person like you anyway.
    Somebody is offendeeeed

Ahem.
    There was only one prequel in that message, what others have been released?

Ahem.
    I dealt with that bullshit watching the Day of the Doctor. Bunch of fan girls started screaming when Tennant appeared. Then they screamed again for John Hurt. Then they screamed again for Rose.

And I was like "shut the fuck up!"

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    There was only one prequel in that message, what others have been released?
    they showed a similar prequel online with strax going over the various doctors before time of the doctor hes probably thinking about that one :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I dealt with that bullshit watching the Day of the Doctor. Bunch of fan girls started screaming when Tennant appeared. Then they screamed again for John Hurt. Then they screamed again for Rose.

And I was like "shut the fuck up!"
    I actually said that during the day of the doctor. sigh... still didnt shut them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they showed a similar prequel online with strax going over the various doctors before time of the doctor hes probably thinking about that one :P
    That's what I figured, but wanted to ask anyway.

Why do you even watch episodes in theaters?
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    For the same reason you go to watch other things in theaters. The atmosphere. The social aspect. The better screen and sound-system. Making an event out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Despite the annoying fangirls, it was still one of the best Doctor Who experiences.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Yeah, that's the reason i didn't want to watch the 50th in cinemas...i pretty much had to send everyone outside the house when watching it so it wouldn't be interrupted on tv :S