Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I know. I guess it's technically the Bieb and the Beeb...still, way too close for my comfort. I'll just stick to calling it BBC as opposed to being confused for referencing that garbage. And you can't blame us for that, blame Canada. Speaking of which, they need to get on to offering their own subscription service in the US. I would pay for a stand alone BBC iplayer type deal where I can watch all BBC programs on my Roku.
    BBC is shorter than bieb, it is stupid to use it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    BBC is shorter than bieb, it is stupid to use it.
    I believe it's used as slang in speech, which would reduce it to a monosyllabic word as opposed to three syllables in BeeBeeCee.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's used as slang in speech, which would reduce it to a monosyllabic word as opposed to three syllables in BeeBeeCee.
    Bingo ^^ Exactly that.

Which finale is an hour? Part 1 or Part 2? Cause if they're both an hour that's 2 hours. I need me some extra Doctor! Anything that helps the season not end on a bullshit deus ex machina ending like every other episode. Give me a complete arc, Moffat, you bastard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Which finale is an hour? Part 1 or Part 2? Cause if they're both an hour that's 2 hours. I need me some extra Doctor! Anything that helps the season not end on a bullshit deus ex machina ending like every other episode. Give me a complete arc, Moffat, you bastard!
    Sadly only Death In Heaven is 1hr, also can't help you with the Deus Ex Machina, because you KNOW that's what we're going to get.

NEXT season however.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sadly only Death In Heaven is 1hr, also can't help you with the Deus Ex Machina, because you KNOW that's what we're going to get.

NEXT season however.
    Death in Heaven is one hour? That's pretty darn generous. Also, I'd argue that "Deus Ex Machina ending!" is thrown around by people here too often. For instance, I can't remember when Moffat wrote an episode that had a DEM.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-10-31 at 09:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I can't remember when Moffat wrote an episode that had a DEM.
    ...you have a very short memory: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2986512/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_11
    (and then a hop, skip, and a jump: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267346/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_11)
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Death in Heaven is one hour? That's pretty darn generous.
    Yup, the BBC knows that Doctor Who is pretty much the only reason 1/2 of the british public continue to pay for a TV licence, so they do their best to keep us happy double length season open and extended season close... nomnomnom.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Time of the Doctor, sure. But Name of the Doctor? That was the culmination of the entire "Impossible Girl" plotline. It was pretty well foreshadowed and telegraphed that she'd be one to save him, and was hardly the case of "a seemingly unsolvable problem suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object."

One could argue that Time of the Doctor wasn't a DEM because the Time Lords were not 'new', in the sense that they'd been part of the plot of the entire episode, and the episode before that, and we knew the Doctor would have to get new regenerations from the Time Lords somehow (so it wasn't exactly unexpected), but their intervention was certainly contrived and abrupt.

anybody else think it would be cool if doctor who did a halloween special like they do a christmas special?

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anybody else think it would be cool if doctor who did a halloween special like they do a christmas special?
    If I think it would be cool if there was more Doctor Who? Sure, although a Halloween special is much more American than other types of holiday specials, and it's right in the middle of the normal run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Time of the Doctor, sure. But Name of the Doctor? That was the culmination of the entire "Impossible Girl" plotline. It was pretty well foreshadowed and telegraphed that she'd be one to save him, and was hardly the case of "a seemingly unsolvable problem suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object."

One could argue that Time of the Doctor wasn't a DEM because the Time Lords were not 'new', in the sense that they'd been part of the plot of the entire episode, and the episode before that, and we knew the Doctor would have to get new regenerations from the Time Lords somehow (so it wasn't exactly unexpected), but their intervention was certainly contrived and abrupt.
    Contrived and abrupt are the national words of Time Lords. Plus, I will excuse it with being thematically fitting with the fairy tale style the Eleventh's era was influenced by, and the Christmas miracle parallel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh.My.God.. wasn't expecting her/him...

Deleted
    Moffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

It's interesting that the first theory that came up regarding Missy was the correct one. Many people threw it away as it would be too obvious from Moffat.
    Oh man, this was such a great episode, gripping right until the end. Can't wait for next week!

Is there anyone else who doesn't want Missy to be dealt with in Death In Heaven? I want her to be around in S9.
    Last edited by mmoc5a5e5f6b82; 2014-11-01 at 09:13 PM.

Dark Water was a great episode. Omg. Why couldn't the rest of this season be this good?! Everyone's suspicions were accurate, as dead bodies are being upgraded as Cybermen and the Master returns. I wonder how he escaped Gallifrey and Rassilon. Interesting how now that he's a woman he's like in love with the Doctor... I mean I guess they are two peas in a pod lol. I'm assuming he's building a Cybermen army to conquer all of time and space. Hopefully Missy will stay on for next season instead of making this a one and done thing. Looking forward to the real finale now; don't botch it up, Moffat!

Deleted
    OMG IT'S THE MASTER

Omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Episode was cool but story too obvious with all the spoilers prior to it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    So all that Master/Doctor shipping is now retroactively sort of true.

Pretty great, suspenseful episode. Can't wait for the finale.

Fantastic episode, Michelle Gomez was an inspired choice to play Missy aka The Master, though I do hope an explanation is forthcoming as to how he escaped from Rassilon.

It seems that Moffats agenda is progressing well, from The Doctors Wife, through to Dark Water. I think its now highly likely that Moffat will make the next Doctor female. He seems to have done far more than anyone else in the history of Doctor Who to set up the possibility. Not too sure how I feel about that, I guess a lot will depend on how successful / popular Michelle Gomez is in her role.

Deleted
    Is it just me or did the 3W symbol look like the GUS symbol from Mummy on the Orient Express?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Is it just me or did the 3W symbol look like the GUS symbol from Mummy on the Orient Express?
    Which looks eerily like a certain watch. Fob...watch.