Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

15+ Year Old Account
    Calling Moffat out, you did not hire Massie Williams on Cyberbully, be fucking serious, you hired her because of Game Of Thrones. Be straight with us man.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Calling Moffat out, you did not hire Massie Williams on Cyberbully, be fucking serious, you hired her because of Game Of Thrones. Be straight with us man.
    Maybe he doesn't like GoT? Or she only grabbed his attention after she started to branch out? Maybe he just thought Cyberbullying was related to Cybermen?

Alright fine. I was waiting to see if anyone raised any strong objections to revealing where Gallifrey is. Since no-one did, I'll post it

Again, I have no inside information, but I feel it is HIGHLY HIGHLY likely this is the location of Gallifrey. This is your last warning.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv7u66_s1xe01-an-unearthly-child_shortfilms

Go to 12:30 into the episode. I will quote what the Doctor says:

The Doctor: I wonder why I've never seen THAT before!
    [ The Doctor picks up a painting from a pile of junk next to the TARDIS. ]
    The Doctor: Now isn't that strange! Very damp and dirty! Hmmph!
    [ The Doctor carefully examines it up and down and all edges ]
    The Doctor: It'll have to be cleaned.

You can make out the painting in the opening clips of this doctor who trailer for Day of the Doctor. It is set on the floor of Totter's Yard. You can see the front. It is in multicolor hues. It goes out of frame at 11 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRy2N2CMhQ

I thought I'd add that I would speculate that the scene in the opening seconds of that trailer, with the Dalek shooting the UNIT soldier in front of the shocked first doctor, may actually be something that is YET TO OCCUR. The Daleks would be insanely interested in finding Gallifrey and I wouldn't be surprised to find them show up in Totter's yard. The First Doctor may return to Totter's yard at some point.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2015-08-02 at 04:49 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    http://io9.com/wait-is-there-really-...oct-1722268951

Im happy and sad. Yay for more Sherlock. Nay for less Doctor Who.

Sherlock must be really hard to make. They do 4 episodes a season, and each one is like a movie. Sucks that Moffat can't delegate.

Deleted
    So would this be solved if Moffat would just step down from Doctor Who? Moffat please, please do.

Anyway, I'm not too sad about a year out if it's like 2009 and we get a decent amount of specials. It could be similar in tone, with Clara having left/died/been mercifully erased from history and the Doctor travelling alone. An Easter, Halloween, Christmas and New Years special is all I ask.

Yeah this isn't cool. If he can't handle both then he should hand one off.

Deleted
    We’re releasing a NEW TRAILER TONIGHT AT 7pm! You can still see the first series 9 trailer at bbc.in/1Wimqd1
    https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...45604753932288

Last edited by t1saif; 2015-08-12 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    i am so excite
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this season looks too freaking good. It'll be the best season ever if they just kill of Clara
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

i love that 12 seems a little bit more playful this series, a lil bit more like 11
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    They're here! The Series 9 episode previews!

First thing I notice... Holy two part episodes batman! There's only two standalone episodes in the whole season :S.

That said... Man they have some great sounding episodes lined up, can't WAIT!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They're here! The Series 9 episode previews!

First thing I notice... Holy two part episodes batman! There's only two standalone episodes in the whole season :S.

That said... Man they have some great sounding episodes lined up, can't WAIT!
    Them two parters though! Are they trying to make up for something?

Its going to be so weird watching Dr. Who as a weekly show (I binged watched from 2005 to now after an Ex recommended it)

Deleted
    So episode 1 and 2 is Daleks. Okay. I do kind of wish they'd give the Daleks a break but Into the Dalek was pretty good so I'm hopeful that they still have some good Dalek stories up their sleeves. This is the one with Davros and Skaaro right? Also I like villains and heroes teaming up so Missy/Clara should be fun. Hopefully Clara doesn't ruin it.

Episodes 3 and 4 sound creepy. I like creepy. Hopefully it will be up there with Blink and Listen in terms of fear factor.

5 and 6 has Maisie Williams so it will probably be an instant fan favourite. I'm not as big a fan of Maisie as everyone else seems to be, but still exciting.

7 and 8 - Zygons! Osgood! Can Osgood replace Clara?

Not much to say about the last four as there are no plot details. Given previous disappointing episodes I'm not going to automatically buy into the "this is going to be amazing, guaranteed fan favourite!" I mean season 8 had some great synopses as well. Forest in the Night sounded awesome and creepy and then it was some kid centric nonsense. Set during day time! And Moffat cannot be relied upon to satisfactorily tie up big stories. He's much better at the individual vignettes, so I'm always wary of his finales. Hopefully Clara is gone for good this time.

Deleted

The Doctor and River Song Reunite For A Spectacular Christmas

Alex Kingston returns to Cardiff to reclaim her role as Professor River Song for the highly anticipated 2015 Doctor Who Christmas special, part of BBC One’s essential seasonal viewing.

It’s Christmas Day in the future and the TARDIS is parked on a snowy village street, covered in icicles, awaiting its next adventure. Time traveller River Song meets her husband’s new incarnation, in the form of Peter Capaldi, for the first time this Christmas.

Day one of filming the eleventh Doctor Who Christmas special starts this week and is written by Lead Writer and Executive Producer, Steven Moffat, produced by Nikki Wilson and directed by Douglas Mackinnon (Doctor Who, Sherlock).

River Song made her first Doctor Who appearance in 2008 in ‘Silence in the Library’ and ‘Forest of the Dead’ and has appeared in 15 episodes to date.

Award winning Alex Kingston comments on her reappearance, “To be honest, I did not know whether River would ever return to the show, but here she is, back with the Doctor for the Christmas special. Steven Moffat is on glittering form, giving us an episode filled with humour and surprise guest castings. I met Peter for the first time at Monday’s read through, we had a laugh, and I am now excited and ready to start filming with him and the Doctor Who team. Christmas in September? Why not!”

Steven Moffat, Lead Writer and Executive Producer, adds, “Another Christmas, another special for Doctor Who - and what could be more special than the return of Alex Kingston as Professor River Song? The last time the Doctor saw her she was a ghost. The first time he met her, she died. So how can he be seeing her again? As ever, with the most complicated relationship in the universe, it’s a matter of time...”

The witty line-up of guest cast joining Alex for a magical adventure on the TARDIS will be announced over the coming months.

The BBC Cymru Wales produced drama will return to BBC One on Saturday, 19 September with a 12 episode series, followed by the Christmas special on Friday 25 December.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...9-b1a9ec3fb1cb
    I am so happy !

Deleted
    Well I hope Moffat ties up some of the loose ends with her - like how she was contacting Clara from the Library. It's too much to hope that we'll get a proper explanation for how she knows the Doctor's name because Moffat has already handwaved that. So....not really looking forward to more River so I'm just hoping that this is to wrap things up with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah I'm torn... Part of me is happy because we get more River Song, but on the other hand I though her arc from Forest of the dead through to Name of the Doctor was so great, I just hope he doesn't ruin it .

i wonder if moffat got matts permission first or if he just decided to use river song either way. i know matt said his one request was that moffat not give 12 "his" wife. so either the story is so good matt said yes or moffat has the same problem rtd had with rose where he can barely go a season without his proxy fantasy lady

10+ Year Old Account
    Option 2

Option 2 100% sure.