Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Re: Doctor Who

For people that didn't get a chance, BBC America is replaying at least the first series featuring David Tennant throughout the week, a bunch on Wednesday, nothing wrong with the new Who, I just like his fun-but-angryguy version of the Doc.

10+ Year Old Account

No review of Doctor Who this week by me. I'm waiting for the second part to form an opinion.
    For the Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Naekiwi
    For people that didn't get a chance, BBC America is replaying at least the first series featuring David Tennant throughout the week, a bunch on Wednesday, nothing wrong with the new Who, I just like his fun-but-angryguy version of the Doc.
    The first series had the infinity better Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

He was good, but it felt more like the companions were more of the central parts with the Doctor being there often, Tennant steals the show whenever he's on screen but, I think it's better that way.

"Rose! Take Mickey and Arthur, get after it, follow it. Don't approach it, just watch what it does."
    'Arthur?'
    "Good name for a horse."
    'No, you are not keeping the horse!'
    "I let you keep Mickey!"

10+ Year Old Account

Doctor Who Series 5, Episodes 8 and 9.

Warning: Biased opinion.

Well, it started nice. A mysterious earth that sucks down people. Then the homo reptilian came. And the show showed me what I most detest in human nature. The militaristic, single minded, arrogant, egoistical, totally STUPID way of thinking. The whole 'Shoot first ask questions later' mentality.
    "We must dissect it to see what its week points are."
    "I hate apes/(insert race, species, religion whatever here)"
    "Its OUR planet, you cant have it"
    "We where here before you!"

Good god! I thought that people grew up mentally as well when they grew older. This is infant behavior!
    Nearly every movie I've seen that futures a military commander will show the exact same attitude. And I'm pretty sure this is what happens in the real world too. All I have to do is look at the comments in news sections.

Right.... The show...
    Overall, nice. The rant above shows that it actually pulled me into the story and made me sympathize more with the Doctor.
    The effects where nice and the costumes where well done, I never got the feeling that it was too fake.
    The ending... It seems that the TARDIS puts a curse on every male character that enters it other then the Doctor. They all die or get thrown in a parallel dimension or something! :P I guess it was inevitable for our nurse to die though. Can't say I didn't see it coming.
    Now that crack in time/space is getting more and more interesting! That little piece the Doctor pulled out makes these series to be very promisable. I'm rather anxious to see what the cause is! (and how he is going to solve it!)

Coming up! A famous Dutch painter gets haunted by something big! (Sunflowerfield?) I wonder if they will make him lose an ear during a fight! :P I'm Dutch myself and love art, so episode 10 could be one of my favorites! Also, no smart aliens for once!
    For the Emperor.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    Now that crack in time/space is getting more and more interesting! That little piece the Doctor pulled out makes these series to be very promisable. I'm rather anxious to see what the cause is! (and how he is going to solve it!)
    When I saw this bit, my initial thought was the end of the previous series when Matt Smith became the Doctor, what did he do at first?

He crashed the Tardis..

Did something actually happen to the Tardis?

Regarding the 2 episodes I liked this story, definetly one of the better stories, and it was nice to see one of the races resurrected from the classic series.

while this weeks episode was ok, it was a bit boring, i did like how they took him to the museum to show him how much of an influence he became, i still can't believe Rory died

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    while this weeks episode was ok, it was a bit boring, i did like how they took him to the museum to show him how much of an influence he became, i still can't believe Rory died
    Some scenes were good like when the doctor was fiddling about with that mirror thing he had and it's reflection showed up in it when he wasn't looking. I felt there wasn't enough action though.. also, I'm SO pleased rory is dead, he was terrible lol

^ My sentiments exactly about the last episode.

However I'm really not buying into the 11'th doctor.

I keep watching in hope that perhaps the actual story line has picked up and episodes are given a "Doctor Who" feel to them again.
    Series 1 - 4 was nittier and gritter and actually felt like you were in the crisis unfolding in front of you.
    Series 5 to me has just felt like it should belong on the CBBC channel next to the Sarah Parker adventures..

I don't actually mind the new Doctor. I had my doubts that the series would be good after David Tennant left, but I was pleasantly surprised. Karen Gillan also makes it worth watching :P.

I dunno, even though Matt Smith is doing his job pretty well, I don't think he does all the "mad Doctor" effect as good as David Tennant did... BUT maybe he'll get better, let's give it some time + Amy is pretty great.. IMO she's the best of his companions (at least from the new series. I've never seen the old ones..) Still, I think this show has an awesome potential, I'm just looking forward to new episodes..

[TV] Doctor Who

So I'm a fan of Doctor Who, it's sooooo interesting and I wanted to see the Christmas Special that came out (Or is coming out) I don't know if it has yet.
    I can't watch it because I'm in America, and I don't have BBC America.

Does anyone know where I can watch the Christmas Special?! Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol.

Google it?

Dr Who Special is on at 18:00 (about 3 hours away)

If you have a way to spoof an IP address so it looks like you are in the UK then you'd be able to watch it live on http://tvcatchup.com or a replay of it on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

There's a tutorial on setting up a VPN to do this at this address, but you will need some tech knowledge to do it - http://www.vps.net/forum/topic/751-h...bbccomiplayer/

But would cost you a minimum of $1 doing it through that site, i'm sure there's other ways of doing it though but you'd have to search. You have 2 hours 40 minutes and counting!

Hope this Helps, Good Luck and enjoy!

Sad faaaaaaaace.

I'll probably find it within the next week. Thanks though!

Deleted
    Christmas Special!

doctor what? ;O -.- Merry Christmas

Deleted
    Dr who!
    Everyone should know it really.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbledore was in it. Yay!!

“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"