Deleted

Deleting WTF Folder

Hey guys and gals.

I have a tiny problem, and Windows 7 is new to me, but I'm already enough of a tech-doofus, so I need some help

Well - Inside WoW I can't tick off the little box in the guild interface that says "show offline members" It's always on and it's greyed out. A GM told me to go delete the WTF folder, but when I do so, here's what happens.

When I right click to delete -> http://img684.imageshack.us/i/step1sv.jpg/

When I press "Yes" -> http://img510.imageshack.us/i/2ndstepb.jpg/

When I press "Continue" -> http://img253.imageshack.us/i/3rdstep.jpg/

When I press "Try Again" Nothing happens, it just goes back to the same window.

But I am admin - > http://img831.imageshack.us/i/adminrv.jpg/

So what shall I do?

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 07:26 PM ----------

Can nobody help out?
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2011-08-24 at 05:23 PM.

Try not to keep bumping it you may get banned, Plus it christmas alot of people are busy, but i will try to help.

It seems to me you do have admin, But it could be in the setting of admin there something wrong, try to change the admin setting so you can do that.

If you have a questions about it PM me i should be able to find it and give you instrutions.

looks like in the screen shots you have wow loaded and you trying to delete folders when its open

Close some programs too, jesus

Deleted
    Alright, I'll try again Cheers for the help.

Deleted
    Thing you can also try:

Start --> type CMD --> Right click CMD --> Run as Administrator/Elevated --> type in the black box:

1. "cd "C:\<Path to WoW>" (with the "" at the path
    2. rmdir WTF

So for example
    cd "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft"
    rmdir WTF

Done You run the CMD box as administrator so you should be able to delete it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    Thing you can also try:

Start --> type CMD --> Right click CMD --> Run as Administrator/Elevated --> type in the black box:

2. rmdir WTF

So for example
    cd "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft"
    rmdir WTF

Done You run the CMD box as administrator so you should be able to delete it.
    Didn't work :s

My WTF folder is in "D:\Spil\World of Warcraft" (Spil=Games in danish)
    The box isn't empty either it says "C:\Windows\system32>" where should I type the path to wow, and should I include the path all the way to WTF or just to the folder posted above?

As I said, I'm clueless when it comes to this, so I need very very clear guidance ^^
    Cheers

rightclick the filemanager, choose "RUN AS ADMIN" and try to delete it then. turn of wow when you do this also

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    Thing you can also try:

2. rmdir WTF
    "The directory is not empty". Windows does not let you delete directories with files in them via rmdir without the /s switch.

The problem for the OP is the fact that WoW was open when they were trying to delete the folder. WoW had the folder locked and didn't allow the OP to delete it. Close WoW, delete folder, and then re-open WoW.

Deleted
    This usually happens with EPGP installed, as EPGP haven't been updated yet, your only solution is disabling the addon. (if you use it)
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2010-12-26 at 06:56 AM. Reason: stealth edit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    This usually happens with EPGP installed, as EPGP haven't been updated yet, your only solution is disabling the addon. (if you use it)
    Yeah I do use that, I'll try that Thanks

This is what you do: (at least it worked for me)
    Go into the WTF folder and into the Config folder
    Delete everything in there
    Go back to WTF and delete config and all files,
    go back to WoW main directory and delete WTF

If you use curse updater client you should close it, wont let you delete it otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    "The directory is not empty". Windows does not let you delete directories with files in them via rmdir without the /s switch.

The problem for the OP is the fact that WoW was open when they were trying to delete the folder. WoW had the folder locked and didn't allow the OP to delete it. Close WoW, delete folder, and then re-open WoW.
    Ah right, I gave it a quick try with an empty folder >.<

Looks like you have it solved now anyway, Fruity?

If you run WoW repair it will refresh the WTF folder but it will also dump all your addons.

Deleted
    Yep, sorted it, thanks a bunch everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotbang View Post
    If you use curse updater client you should close it, wont let you delete it otherwise.
    OMGosh!! I worked for hours on trying to figure out why the heck "I" couldn't delete my WTF folder when I was the administrator!! My curse icon appears in the lower taskbar when I cut the pc on - but I thought it was just the icon making it easier if I wanted to open the client. But after reading this I simply right clicked too exit that and then right clicked to delete the WTF folder and VOILA!! - folder deleted with no questions asked! So simple, yet never thought of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!