Deleted

What to socket as feral pvp?

Like the topic says, i got a problem decided with what i should socket my gear for feral PvP.

Here are the choises i got atm:

-Resilience.
    -Agility.
    -Mastery.

All of them seem viable, and have their pros and cons, still can't make up my mind though.

So any useful and constructive information would be appreciated.

Agility (red) > Mastery (yellow) > rest
    Make sure to gem to fit the requirement of your crit mod meta.
    Meta: [Relentless Earthsiege Diamond] (yes the level 80 one since it has AGI)
    Reforge everything into mastery.
    ''See me rise, the mighty Surt Destroyer of the universe. Bringer of flames and endless hurt. Scorcher of men and earth!''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babetina415 View Post
    Agility (red) > Mastery (yellow) > rest
    Make sure to gem to fit the requirement of your crit mod meta.
    Meta: [Relentless Earthsiege Diamond] (yes the level 80 one since it has AGI)
    Reforge everything into mastery.
    Alright.
    Red: Agi.
    Yellow: Mastery.
    But what about Blue sockets? If you're spellpencapped?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for...

Red = 40 Agi.
    Yellow = 20 Agi / 20 Mastery. (rather then pure Mastery)

For blue you basically got a "must-do" option and 3 viable options after that:

Blue = 50 SpellPen. (Get max 3 of those, 2 should do fine and 1 with cloak enchant is another option.)

After you feel like you no longer need SpellPen gems you could gem for either of these 3 options:

20 Agi / 20 Hit. I prefer not to gem Hit at all but instead reforge the "not so helpful" stats such as Expertise and Haste. Always try to get rid of those stats asap. If you didn't reach atleast 5% Hit after this (and I doubt you don't) I'd even prefer to reforge some Crit into Hit rather than gemming for it.

20 Agi / 30 Stam. I never gem for Stam either, but it's a viable way to go.

40 Agi. <-- That's what I usually do/did. There shouldn't be to much blue sockets on your gear anyway, but since most socket bonuses are actually worth something nowadays, it might be better to go for the Agi/Stam one after all.

Oh and about the meta. There really isn't a decent one for us at the moment. I'm leaning towards 54 Crit + Fear Duration -10% at the moment, untill they fix the other ones.

Socket for what you need
    5% melee hit (this will grant over 4% spell hit which is also required)
    97 spell penetration
    40 Agility in reds
    20 hit + 20 mastery in blues and yellows (enough to have more blues than reds)
    Use the relentless earthsiege (21 agility + 3% crit damage)
    That's what I gemmed, but there are other options.

Deleted
    I wouldn't socket for resi seeing you don't need that much as a feral druid

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachii View Post
    Care to elaborate? I've never heard this before.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamachii View Post
    Don't need it much as a Feral?
    This isn't a PvE Discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aserium View Post
    Don't need it much as a Feral?
    This isn't a PvE Discussion.
    I wouldn't say Feral needs less resi than other specs/classes, but there's absolutely no reason to gem for it either imo. The resi you get from items will be more than enough and Agi is simply an insane stat to stack for Feral Druids.

Feral has very good baked in survivability and cooldowns so resil isn't as vital vs other classes needs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Feral has very good baked in survivability and cooldowns so resil isn't as vital vs other classes needs.
    You could afford wearing 5-6 PvE pieces back in S8, but I doubt we can afford that this season. It looks like I'm going to run S9 with only 2 PvE pieces (Chest and Tol Barad Trinket). Oh well, every PvP item finally got Agi so PvE gear is no longer a must have anyway.

why would spell pen be good for feral got agi in reds crit in yellows atm but probaly gona switch to mastery and and the agi stam purple in pants for socket bonus in pants cause some of the sockets are blue n bonus gives 10 agi so just put 40agi instead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjadude View Post
    why would spell pen be good for feral got agi in reds crit in yellows atm but probaly gona switch to mastery and and the agi stam purple in pants for socket bonus in pants cause some of the sockets are blue n bonus gives 10 agi so just put 40agi instead
    Because you don't want your Roots/Cyclones or even Faerie Fires to be resisted at crucial moments. Also, pure crit in yellow sockets is bad. Crit is our 3rd stat on the priority list (without counting weapon dps). Mastery is overall quite a bit better and Agility is A LOT better. Gemming agi/mastery in yellow sockets is a must.