The Patient

Question Razer Nostromo question

Hello there folks!

From quite a time I'm wondering about changing my keyboard and mouse to something more.... uhm... 'gaming-style'. Currently I'm using the very basic Logitech Mouse+Keyboard set and it gets frustrating to perform some actions with it.

I dig through some forums, YT movies/reviews etc and found some cool thing there - Razer Nostromo pad (http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35156900).
    It looks and sounds awesome, but I haven't found any answer to question that bothers me since then, so I thought I will ask my gaming brotherhood.

To those who are using it: is it possible to move your character with D-Pad? I would like to use it either in WoW or any FPS game out there.
    I know it has dedicated buttons to perform the role of WSAD but, when I saw that D-pad I thought of analog sticks of PlayStation 3 controller. Binding whole movement to one finger (thumb in this case) sounds more than good

Thanks in advance for any responses!
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

I currently use the Razer Nostromo's older cousin, the Belkin Nostromo n52. I personally don't use the Dpad for character movement because I prefer joystick or mouse movement, but I have a couple of guildies who do use it that way and are quite happy with it.

Just this morning I got a Logitech G13 because it has more buttons, the LCD readout, and a small thumb joystick in place of the Dpad. Haven't got it set up yet so can't comment on it's usability, but am definitely looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Rhus; 2010-12-25 at 05:31 PM. Reason: doh. G13, not G3

Thumbs up

I can confirm that the new Razer Nostromo's dpad works wonderfully for character movement.. been using it for the past 2 months, and it's predecessor the n52te before that. By default it's bound for fwd/back, strafe left/right, and diagonal movement, and is meant to be used with a mouse, which handles turning. This gives a very nimble control - it's very easy to stay behind your target as a rogue, or circle-strafe while kiting as a hunter, etc.

For tips on how to control multiple actionbars (up to 5 for 60 keybinds!) and mod the WoW interface to make the most of the Nostromo, check out my YouTube channel, The 2 Ring. Since I can't post URL's yet.. search for Grendalsh and nostromo..