Smile Of Mice and Macs...

Hello my fellow MMO-Champions, and a very merry Christmas to you all

So it's the festive time of year again, with countless presents being exchanged, I have personally been really rather lucky. For some bizarre reason my parents thought it would be nice to give me a brand spanking new 27" iMac for Christmas, and so I got it today and I was over the moon. However the problem i'm having at the moment is that the keyboard and mouse it comes with are pretty awful to play games with. In particular the Magic Mouse that comes with the Mac is pretty damn bad for playing WoW (excellent for general web browsing though).

So I've came here to see if anyone can recommend a mouse/keyboard combo that are:
    Mac compatible
    Wireless
    Good for gaming as well as general use
    Reasonable priced (what I mean by this is that I don't want to be spending more than £90 for a mouse or more than £120 for a keyboard)

Thank you all in advance

I actually got used to the mac wireless keyboard for gaming (the lack of a numberpad does not make any more of a difference than playing on a laptop which I also do). Mac Mouses are just plain bad for any games. Any of the Logitech or Razer mice work nicely. I went with Razer Orochi since it's Bluetooth, and USB is a premium on iMacs. It's downfall is that it eats batteries so I keep a few sets of rechargeable batteries on hand.

Certainly not a combo by definition, but I believe nearly all Razer products are mac compatible. Its difficult to get a better set up for gaming. However, I can't think of any wireless keyboard that I would deem quality for gaming/WoW specifically.

Edit: I second the suggestion of the Orochi, very nice mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

I like the mac Keyboard personally so I wouldn't know what to suggest there. However Mouse Wise I use a logitech G9X. The only thing that's not compatible is the software to program the different buttons, however this will work through windows in Bootcamp / Parallels and once it's programmed they work perfect in a mac environment.

Hope this helps, and Enjoy your new Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    I actually got used to the mac wireless keyboard for gaming (the lack of a numberpad does not make any more of a difference than playing on a laptop which I also do). Mac Mouses are just plain bad for any games. Any of the Logitech or Razer mice work nicely. I went with Razer Orochi since it's Bluetooth, and USB is a premium on iMacs. It's downfall is that it eats batteries so I keep a few sets of rechargeable batteries on hand.
    Oddly enough I got given an Apple rechargeable battery pack with it too, so batteries really aren't an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Certainly not a combo by definition, but I believe nearly all Razer products are mac compatible. Its difficult to get a better set up for gaming. However, I can't think of any wireless keyboard that I would deem quality for gaming/WoW specifically.

Edit: I second the suggestion of the Orochi, very nice mouse
    Yeah, earlier I was on the Razer site but it didn't say anything about Mac compatibility so I wasn't too sure, but i'l definitely have a look into that Razer Orochi.

If you guys have any more suggestions, please feel free to post them

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 09:31 PM ----------

Actually guys, just a quick question. If I do get a Razer keyboard, what button will replace the CMD key? Do Razer's come with their own replacements for the CMD key or..?

Most keyboards have a Windows button that functions as the command for Mac. You can plug almost any modern keyboard in and it will work fine. Same goes for mice, although you may want to download a program called USB Overdrive to adjust the mouse momentum curve.