Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    cooking is the same way, have to wait 3 days for a recipe
    2-3 days seeing as one or two of the dailies give two tokens but we really can't compare a secondary profession that you can do the dailies from day one of picking up cooking and a primary profession that you are limited by the professions level to even start the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    "Oh no I want to be OP and have everything given to me immediately, without having to work for it."

JC is fine.
    Also every other profession can get most, if not all, of their patterns by day one, JC can't.

Still think that's fine?

Though personally I don't mind the system as it is now, I only get the patterns my toons need/want and don't often sell cuts for profit so I'm not as affected by the time required to obtain the cuts as others might be.

Just makes you learn the recipes that are most important for you/your guild or ones that you wish to make a profit off of.
    It can be a little frustrating for the slow progression of these items, but I have really enjoyed the overall changes they've made with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    The system is retarded. F#$$# your system is fine bs. Its gonna be a year before I can cut JC gems. Thats stupid. And yes I have to have every cut Because I am OCD. Dont say Its stupid. I literally have OCD and I have to buy all the gems. I have to buy the blue ones, then the purple ones, then red ones, then the orange ones, then yellow ones, then the green ones. I have to or I will flip out.
    This has to be a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    2-3 days seeing as one or two of the dailies give two tokens but we really can't compare a secondary profession that you can do the dailies from day one of picking up cooking and a primary profession that you are limited by the professions level to even start the dailies.

Also every other profession can get most, if not all, of their patterns by day one, JC can't.

Still think that's fine?

Though personally I don't mind the system as it is now, I only get the patterns my toons need/want and don't often sell cuts for profit so I'm not as affected by the time required to obtain the cuts as others might be.
    Yeah, I do think that's fine. All other professions may get the majority of their patterns up front, but they have to pay more for them, and the cost to produce them is significantly higher, as stated in my post. Quote the whole thing or don't quote at all.

I would Agree That the JC tokens are too much, I didn't even get all the cuts in wrath it was so bad, I hate the token system haha. I hope they nerf it.

My major problem with JC is that we have to do a daily quest which is sometimes to use gems that are very expensive for non-miners and could have been sold instead by miners. I can deal with the slow learning of patterns but I had to do the daily a ton just to level. I also had to do the daily to get to use our profession buff the chimera's eye. Other profs have it available just through leveling and get access to all the buffs for off specs or pvp. I had to choose one pattern to get and buy 3 gems, five days of daily quests! Thats not including the quests I had to do to buy a patter that could skill me to 500 to use chimera's eyes.

The trade off is that other professions have to turn in leathers, metal bars, or shards etc. to buy high end recipies. I would have prefered this hands down. Make a cut of a gem cost 3x that gem, even 5x would be much better. At least chimera's eye cuts should be trained. Its bad enough you have to do the daily 3 times for each set of gear mainspec/offspec/pvp. Buying the patterns for each is a bit over the top. What they should have done is let JCs take the chimera's eyes out of gear at will since you can really get screwed by unique(3) when switching gear around.

Someone mentioned fire prisms to skill. These things are just stupid. It takes three of every gem to get a few random rare quality. Meanwhile alchemy transmutes use three of the gem and a few herbs to make a rare. They can control what they get and get it for less mats. That's not even accounting for transmutation proc if that applies. For three of every gem you can get two metas from an alchemist (more if transmute spec procs). Its just a massive loss of gold to make fire prisms.

About chaos orbs; it would have been nice if we could use them but I understand why we can't. Inscription and enchanting got hosed here too. I think it would have been pretty easy for them to include something else with them to help us level at least. We could make jewel encrusted scepters for the off hand, inscription could make relics and enchanting could make wands. Alchemy is so much easier to level and gets an epic trinket to go with its re-usable flask and mixology. It would have been just as easy to make a gemstone trinket, maybe one with 3 sockets so JCs without blacksmithing can have an easier time swapping around pieces of gear.

On the bright side we have a profession that can actually sell what we use to skill and can make money if done right but for all of us struggling to catch up to the people that have 4-5 recipes already its kinda hard right now. It really feels like JC was unfinished or neglected, but I'm happy for all the other professions that are pretty awesome.

Step 1: Buy most profitable gem cuts first.

Step 2: Buy less profitable gems that you use for your character from the auction house.

Step 3: Profit.

This is a fantastic syste that increases the value of cut gems since it makes less of each type available. Personaly i have made a ton of gold becaus of this. You hardly need all the recipies anyway, work out a system with friends or guilides on who buys what.

Basiclly this system makes jc increadibly profitbale but a little slower to level. Dont know about you but i see the profit as a much better then the slightly faster leveling speed.

I like it. Like many people say here, its not necessary to have all the gemcuts immediatly. Just cooperate with friends/guildies, and you will have most of the gems you need in short time

Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    The system is retarded. F#$$# your system is fine bs. Its gonna be a year before I can cut JC gems. Thats stupid. And yes I have to have every cut Because I am OCD. Dont say Its stupid. I literally have OCD and I have to buy all the gems. I have to buy the blue ones, then the purple ones, then red ones, then the orange ones, then yellow ones, then the green ones. I have to or I will flip out.
    Then YOU have a problem. The game should not have to cater to everyone with some disorder. That's a ridiculous thing to imply. Why should the game have to cater to you? It is stupid to think that the gameplay should be based on some guys disorder. The world doesn't revolve around you. You have the disorder, take some meds or accept the inconveniences. It's not blizzards fault. Or pick a profession that is more suited to your issues. See? Plenty of options that don't require basing gameplay around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    Step 1: Buy most profitable gem cuts first.

Step 2: Buy less profitable gems that you use for your character from the auction house.

Step 3: Profit.
    1. Buy the cuts for your spec first
    2. Buy the cuts your guildies don't have
    3. Buy the cuts not a lot of people have

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last time they did add the ability for dust to buy tokens. So I would think the same will happen after a little bit like when epic gems come out.

Deleted
    it's fine how it is

Oh noes. Proffesion take time now? Stop whining and start adapting. Cataclysm upped the difficulty of almost every aspect of the game and it's effing great!

Deleted
    a possible solution would be to be able to trade chaosorb for tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I ticketed a gm to confirm that there is no other way to obtain tokens.. The only reply I got was they feel they were being learnt at a reasonable pace and they are happy with the current token system.
    That GM is basically blowing you off. I can not stand when they do shit like that at least they can take into consideration other ways to obtain this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    cooking is the same way, have to wait 3 days for a recipe
    Cooking is a secondary profession.

I remember a similar quote about how slow guild leveling is. As someone already said, half of those cuts are probably junk. And out of the useful half there are probably a handful that will actually sell well enough for you to turn a decent profit.

Less QQ more pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Shirra View Post
    Oh noes. Proffesion take time now? Stop whining and start adapting. Cataclysm upped the difficulty of almost every aspect of the game and it's effing great!
    You either sat out on wrath or aren't a JC, it was like this last exp as well, sucked just as much last exp, making us do a daily for 273 days to get every design, yes i know we dont have to have every design but that isn't the point here, it is retarded and isn't exactly 'uppin the difficulty', if you read some of the replies, you would see JCs are willing to go out and farm mining nodes and WORK for the designs, not ask for free stuff.

And for people saying, oh well this makes gems exclusive! i make tons of gold! wtf are you needing gold for at this point? i made 3-5k simply leveling to 85, besides making an alc mount which cost me 26k, i don't have any real use for gold besides buy alts flying, or if you are buying things you don't have to have off the AH, but doesn't matter what I say, I will be flamed by people saying gold = profit awesomesauce w/e else you have.

I understand you do need gold for metas but are going to say its is really worth blizz bottlenecking gem designs just so people can play the AH mini-game?

I'm new to JC, but I don't see much of a problem. I'll work on the recipes for the most profitable gems first, then the gems I want for myself, and then putter with the others.

I don't see why you need eleventy-seventy recipes for gems you'll never use.