Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    Fatal1ty. That is all.
    Over hyped pieces of garbage. More money is spent on the advertising, and making it look "cool" or "extreme", than the actual product designs. I wouldn't touch anything with a Fatal1ty logo on it with a 10 foot pole.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    For the audio
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD5.../dp/B0001FTVDQ
    for the mic
    http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microph...3328261&sr=1-1

better than any overpriced headset with a mic you can buy.
    A good recommendation as well. Especially since you can very easily and quickly mod the 555's into a pair of 595's
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedan View Post
    Thanks guys, ending up going with the Razer headset. Got solid reviews on Amazon, it had been something I saw before this thread, and multiple people here recommended it.
    I've owned a few pairs of higher end headsets in the past, but so far, the Carcharis have been my fav. I've had the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma and the Creative Labs EF0210 Fatal1ty that are both in the same price range.
    Both the Creative headsets had fantastic sound. Crisp base, clear highs. The major issue I have had with both of these is the confort and mic sound quality. Both headsets feel heavy and put too much preasure on the sides of my head. No matter where I set the adjuster too, they just never loosend up.
    Mic on both of them was downright terrible. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but I was even kicked off vent cause the GM didn't think I was who I logged in as.

since I like the razors so much, I'll go a little further into whats good and whats bad IMHO.
    Razor Carcharis:
    The good:
    COMFORT! omg, these things are just incredible for comfort. I have actually fallen asleep with them on and had no issues waking up hours later. They are super lightweight and have no major pressure points.
    Sound quality is very good. I am a J-rock fan and have a boarderline unhealthy love for Maki from High and Mighty Color. Her voice is amazing to me. Anyawys, her voice comes through on the razors just as good as they do on my Bose desktop speakers.
    Mic (hooked through usb, see below for more on this) is very clear, RL friends say that I sound crisp and clear over Vent. Other then an issue with my

The bad: (2 of them are my issues and had nothing to do with the headset)
    I have an issue with onboard sound drivers (Realtek ALC1200) in where the mic input is virtually non existant. I was able to get an adaptor to hook it up through a USB port and that has solved any issue I was having.
    There is what sounds like rubber located behind the cloth earmuffs that do cause issues under no/low sounds while moving my head around. Note* tihs is cause by wearing glasses. So if you do not wear them, its really a non issue
    Its not vitrual sound. I have not experienced the 7.1 virtual sound of a headset yet, but I geuss it compares to a normal 7.1 setup.

I am going to be picking up the Logitech G35 tomorrow morning to understand what the the virtual 7.1 sound is like. I would test out the Razer Magalodon 7.1 headset, but no store in my area has any in stock and I'm really just checking out the 7.1 sound. Whatever happends, I suspect that if the 7.1 is really impressive, I'll order the Magalodons since they are virtually the same headset as the Carcharias but with 7.1 sound.