Thread: Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong

I just got new Donkey Kong Country for Wii, and I have to say it's a blast to play. It brings back to the fun gameplay of the original 3 games with slight additions. I've only done the first world (on cooperative) but I'm lovin' it! Anyone else got this game and wants to share their thoughts?

Deleted
    I picked it up, still have yet to play more than maybe an hour but I am pretty impressed. I loved the SNES games made by RARE and think Retro did an incredible job bringing it to the Wii, don't like the control scheme too much. Would rather just use a Classic Controller or Gcube Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by fenix1989uk View Post
    I picked it up, still have yet to play more than maybe an hour but I am pretty impressed. I loved the SNES games made by RARE and think Retro did an incredible job bringing it to the Wii, don't like the control scheme too much. Would rather just use a Classic Controller or Gcube Controller.
    Yeah, I myself tried plugging in my gamecube controllers but it didnt work. Sort of disappointed it wasn't more like the original but meh, its still hella fun.

Diddy's Kong Quest is one of the most amazing SNES games, and I highly recommend getting this (for whatever system) to play - I still have mine for SNES.

I played DKCR, but I still think it doesn't stand up to the others (except maybe 3, 3 wasn't all that great).
    What peeved me about the game was that Diddy, my favorite Kong, was reduced to a mere power-up.