Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Everyone knows it, do not try to deny it.
    Even though it isn't really a MMORPG or an MMO at all,
    It was the BEST thing happened to the world!
    Pokemon ofcourse...
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I HIGHLY doubt Lionhead would be able to make a fable MMO without it being jam packed full of glitches and bugs and shameless money sucking mechanics, although I would like an MMO in that world I have no faith in Lionhead or Peter Molneux. Pokemon would be cool if it was less kiddy, and as much as I love transformers I think it would be a bit over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer 40k - New Millenum. mmmmmm cant wait!
    playing Warhamemr Online since it got out, best PvP game ever. except from it's first couple of months =P

gonna try Guild Wars 2 as well. altho the whole "all classes can heal/tank a little bit but we dont have a healing/tanking class" thing sucks imo.

would have tried Tera too, but it is visually awful.
    now, u'd say, how about WoW and it's also hilarious Tier gear? well, it has other good stuff to compensate.

Oblivion is an RPG i'd love to see as an MMO.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2010-12-31 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    Currently imo the only game that will have a chance of taking a big playerbase from Wow is Guild wars 2, and even though i prefer guildwars to wow i still think wow will have more players. The only time Wow will die is when the expansions stop, when this happens people will spread to other games. Then there will be a chance of other games being the best mmo.
    No... just no.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elder Scrolls MMO. If it happened, Id delete all my WoW characters and go to it straight away...Kidding, Im not that crazy.
    Rift seems good. Still want into ze betaz.
    The MMOFPS that would be realeased by Blizzard (Possibly), itll be like a prince poisening the king. A betrayal from within.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rantus View Post
    I don't think the franchise that affects how good the mmo will do - look at Star Trek, one of the greatest scifis, with an excellent basis for an mmo - two major factions, plenty of lore and races, a whole galaxy, piloting your own ship and stuff, and yet the mmo is mediocre.

Lord of the Rings, the greatest fantasy world ever, and an awesome looking yet hardly played mmo.

Fable, Pokemon and Transformers certainly have the potential to make cool mmos, but their success lies in the gameplay rather than the specific universe.
    I just wanted to support that guy. The franchise can have potential, and that potential can be wasted by a bad developer. Like TB said in a recent video (the last DCU one), some MMOs sounded good in the beginning, but then had rubbish endgame - and that's what, say, Pokemon MMO may fall short on. Because what, level 100 versions of gyms? What for a big group of players, how would five trainers fight with their 30 mon team with, say, Cyrus?
    It's all about the execution, not just the franchise.