Thread: Headsets

Headsets

Hello MMOchamp computer forum, I'm in need of some advice here. I've been going through headsets like they're nothing in the last couple months (breaking components to an overall terrible microphone) and I need some help here. I'm looking for a comfortable, decent quality headset that is reliable (I cannot stress the last part enough, I don't want to be replacing it in 3-4 months). My price range is up to about $70, unless it's something really exceptionally good then I would consider going higher. Any suggestions you guys may have would be wonderful.

dont break your headset..nuff said'

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...ts/gamecom-367

Great headset. Great sound quality. Quite durable/comfortable.

I use the Creative Fatal1ty cheap one. Its so coumfy, and the sound is pretty good

Deleted
    If you want a pair of headphones with very good* audio quality (both for music and games), a great microphone and astonishing comfort** for a decent price tag, check up SteelSeries Siberia v2 Full-Size White.

Yes, it's a brand name product and thus costs more simply for the brand. Still, it's a fairly old model and the price has gone down (costs the equivalent of aprox. $70 in Sweden nowadays) - and for what you get in the bundle, I argue that it's worth the price. It's not the phattest gaming headset, but it's the most price-worthy one you'll find. Sure, the Creative Fatal1ty Headset isn't shabby and is also really cheap - but it's not as good as the Siberia v2s, which you can buy instead with your budget.

*Very good quality by gaming headset standard - I'm not comparing it to studio production phones or even equally priced street phones intended for music.

** As a gamer who often goes to LAN parties, I've had mine on for hours upon hours straight in a row, and never EVER felt pains or sores. In fact, I never even feel anything after taking them off. Others can testify to the same effect. You don't get that out of the Fatal1ty.

(Oh, and no hatin' on the fatal1ty at all. I've tried them, and I don't dislike them - but even though this is not a general rule by any means, in this case there's a point: They are cheaper for a reason).

Deleted
    Just stay away from the logitech g35 headset if you want to keep your ears

Personal advice.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35209700

no complaints however i wouldn't really recommend it to anyone
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Just stay away from the logitech g35 headset if you want to keep your ears

Personal advice.

I've had those for years.. They work great had no problems.

I used to go through headphones alot, every few months they would die on me. But the logitechs working fine and when I playing as a gnome I can set it to squirrel mode for the lols

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skanksau View Post
    I've had those for years.. They work great had no problems.

I used to go through headphones alot, every few months they would die on me. But the logitechs working fine and when I playing as a gnome I can set it to squirrel mode for the lols
    Yeah the voice changer is nice and I've come to live with the size of the G35, but in the start the headset was killing my ears because of the size (I used fatal1ty gaming before)

i also seem to have problems with headsets, just cant find one that doesnt suck