Thread: New Mouse

New Mouse

Hi there,

Well currently I have used the Logitech G5 Mouse (2007-2008) and the Logitech G9 Mouse (2008-Present) but currently my G9 is no longer responsive, it's becoming dull and the cord is starting to tear up a lot. I'm planning to buy a new mouse quite soon but I'm not sure exactly what to buy. Of course right now, I play WOW (duhh) but at times I like to touch FPS games and play Starcraft 2.

Now I'm not sure exactly what new mouse I should exactly buy but I really want opinions

Thanks

Well, how pleased were you with your last mice?
    What functions did you find superfluous, and which do you wish you had?

I'm currently very pleased with my Logitech MX518 and intend to buy another if it ever breaks. (Which I'm surprised it hasn't already, with all the mistreatment it's had, having survived two laptops, dropped on the floor on a daily basis and not to mention the amount of dust and dirt I've allowed it to collect :P)

Well I was pleased at the start with it but over time I started to dislike it. I'm kind into the Razer mouses but yeah - not exactly sure of what mouse is the best to go with.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I've had a Razer Deathadder for over a year now, and it still feels almost brand new.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Mm yeah, I'm still interested in the Naga but is it still reasonable to use for other games/uses?

I personally only play games like WoW/Aion/Tera (when its released) but use my mouse for bascially only movement. I have no use for all the buttons on the sides of some of these new mice comming out and i find them to be difficult to use.
    With that, I look for mice that have a set of side buttons on both sides. My current is the Steelseries XIA and its fantastic for my needs. Best buy currently has them on sale for $40 and I think this is a great deal but fear that they are being removed from inventory so my choices will once again be limited to suit my needs.
    The previous mouse I had was the Razer Orichi and absoulutly love the feel of that one. The issue I had with it was that a soda spilled and somehow got inside the lens. I have no clue how this happened since there was very little spilt on the mouse itself. I even removed the case to find that the lens was completly sealed so not a single clue on how the inside of the lens was able to get something inside of it. Since it was already broke and passed warrenty, i decided to soak the mouse in water and still, no liquid was able to get inside the lens.

Even though the mouse had just a wonderful feel and fit my needs perfectly, this issue dumbfounded me enough to find a new mouse.

Both mice have (as well as just about every gaming mouse) have driver set ups that allow you to customize the dpi along with a few other things.

Its more about feel then anything, find something that fits your hands.

i use a Logitech M305 wireless mouse, its simple and works well. Ive never tried the gaming mice, i think they might be helpful for macros and all that, but i like simple.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

I have both a Razer Mamba and a Logitec G500, and I love both. I'm currently using the G500 over the Mamba due to the Mamba randomly ceasing to respond (have to unplug and reconnect the mouse or dock if using wireless), I assume that this may have been fixed with a driver update, but I got a G500 for free and haven't had a reason to switch back.

I might add that having both a wired and wireless option on the Mamba is amazing for when I want to switch to wireless to watch a movie from the other side of the room.

I just got a Logitech g700 for xmas from my boss. And it works awesome! Now i have never owned a real gameing mouse before so it might be the joy of having one. But it feels like my old MX1000 mouse i had some years ago which i loved to bits.

Buy the naga, it got good comfort, perfect for World of Warcraft, For starcraft you can bind keys to different unit on it, and stuff like FPS and be a quick weapon switch. Overall it's the best mouse i've had.

Deleted
    I´ve recently bought a Roccat Kone+ and I love it ...

Deleted
    Got a Razer Imperator as a gift and it is terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    Got a Razer Imperator as a gift and it is terrible
    I can honestly not believe that, Razer usually provides high quality components. The fact that you don't like it might be due to personal taste.
    I myself love my Razer DiamondBack 3G

If you play FPS as well you might like the Cyborg Rat 7. I'd buy one but they have yet to release Mac drivers so I'm waiting. The sniper mode button and horizontal scroll wheel look like nice features. I use a Razer Lachesis which has been very solid. Also used a logitech G7 wireless gaming mouse for a long time, they might be hard to find now but if you wanted wireless they are really nice.