New Darkmoon cards and shadow...any good?

thinking about buying the new darkmoon volcano card for my spriest and just wondering if anyone has tried it. Does it proc alot, is it worth the 20k or so gold, or do you feel you get a better punch out of the heroic trinks.

Thanks

Deleted
    Very good, Int proc could stand alone and it would still be very good. If you can grab for 20k do it, their going for 60k+ on my server -.-

Deleted
    I bought it last week for my SPriest, I just need to wait till, 2nd jan to get it

15+ Year Old Account
    The mastery is meh, but it can be reforged into haste/hit/whatever you need to finish stuff up. But the int proc is quite nice and not only adds the extra spellpower, but the extra crit for a few moments so i'd call it pretty good imo (the extra 1k+ damage is always welcome even if it's minimal effect overall).

Thanks for the replys

I was reading the discription on wowhead and someone said that it would only proc off of mind blast. so I didnt know if it would be better than some of the heroic trinks that proc off of dots also.

Only proccing from mind blast is nonsence tho. Because it will for sure proc from Mind spike as well then. Even tho the card says "dealing damage with spells". Mind flay and Dots don't do damage?

It's confusing. what I wonder is tho. The card says "Deals 900 to 1500 Fire damage to an enemy" and that 30% proc says "20 yd range". Who does it damage? and random enemy or the enemy it procced on, but then I don't get the range.

I have the deck complete, but would like see some testing before I waste 25k gold. Can't seem to find any world of logs data yet.

Deleted
    there is a lot of data on this trinket to be found on wol
    in my raid at last 4 players got the card on the first darkmoon fair (during the cata-release-week), i even got one for my offspecc
    from a quick look at yesterdays raid, it has a 45sec icd.
    2 mages, 1 ele shaman and 1 shadowpriest in that raid - for the mages and shaman it avarages at 1 procc every ~50 seconds, for the spriest it looks more like 1 procc every ~60-65 seconds.

Take a look at Shadowpriest.com's Trinket Ratin - http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.ph...29791&start=14

Basically, it's the second best outside raiding. Only Gale of Shadows HC is better from 5-mans.

EDIT: Assuming you reforge to Haste.

Exalted with baradin hold you can actually buy Stump of Time, a better trinket (because of the hit).
    Gale of Shadows is also really nice if can keep it going, which should be no problem really on most fights.
    So seems those two are the best shadowpriest trinkets you can get before raiding.

The Darkmoon card is still very nice, but if you say it procs for spriests every 60-65 sec, thats 15-20sec wasted every internal cd.
    The good thing is that if it procs from a mind blast you usually refresh your dots close after which benefit from the big intellect increase.

Guess both trinkets have there advantages.

Deleted
    i did not do a qualified analysis of the proccs, i just looked at 4 or 5 fights all between 6:20 and 6:40 in duration.
    the spriest had 6 proccs in all those fights, while the mages and ele-shaman had 8 proccs.
    looking at the cho'gall kill from yesterday, the fight took us 8:50
    spriest 8 proccs, ele-shaman 10 proccs, mages 10 and 11 proccs. numbers match the expected values you would get from my previous post.
    from the mage/shaman procc numbers i came down to the 45sec icd, since thats a standard number for a procc icd and it matches the values.

In world of logs at "buffs gained" you can see the uptime percentage for Volcanic Destruction for any person.
    That's what's interesting on a bossfight. So your SP has an uptime for 18,1% and others 22,6%.
    Looking at other trinkets that's around normal.

stump of time is not worth 165 tokens.................................... galE of shadows and darkmoon card volcano are BIS till u hit heroic raids
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    stump of time is not worth 165 tokens.................................... galE of shadows and darkmoon card volcano are BIS till u hit heroic raids
    Except for heart of ignacious and bell of enraging resonance.

Heroic witching hourglass is nearly as good as volcano and is better than stump of time, and doesnt cost you 20k gold. If you have the extra gold laying around, by all means pick it up. Otherwise, no real reason to.

The list MushroomBomb posted is basically completely wrong because the PP of haste is way too high. (0.8 PP when it's actually around 0.5 PP normalized)
    Apparently the author of that list used simcraft values from a lvl 80 toon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Except for heart of ignacious and bell of enraging resonance.

Heroic witching hourglass is nearly as good as volcano and is better than stump of time, and doesnt cost you 20k gold. If you have the extra gold laying around, by all means pick it up. Otherwise, no real reason to.
    that trinket list isnt right as darkmoon card volcano has a 45sec icd and 30% and it procs 1600 in not sp which is our highest stat which also gives us a ton of crit.....the darkmmon card procs of direct spells which is perfect cause its gonna proc On your mindblast and yoUr gonna refresh dots anyways with the shadow orb bonus and 1600 int and the added crit so its way better than those trinkets u named
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Tsunami works too for spriests
    The spirit buff procs from VE, so its 321 int + 4% hit

Haven't read it in patchnotes. But it procs from dots and mindflay for me now as well. I'm loving it!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tsunami does not proc from Vampiric Embrace. This has been confirmed many times.

Volcano does now proc off of DOTs making it our best in slot trinket.