Deleted

Spamming Sunfire nonstop...?

Anyone tried it, just for fun sake, glyphed and skilled, in solar eclipse to spam sunfire nonstop. How's the dps in heroic geared folks?

I just had the strangest idea...

Glyphed would decrease the damage, becuase the glyph decreases initial damage done.

Deleted
    On trash, with multiple targets this will probably your best/highest DPS rotation - but it'll never work on single target over a proper rotation.

I'm sure this has been discussed before.... a few times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeltentat View Post
    Glyphed would decrease the damage, becuase the glyph decreases initial damage done.
    Not according to my prime glyph. "Increase the periodic damage of your moonfire ability by 20%.", I'm guessing it affects sunfire as well.

you keep moving to have it gain 60% damage(in addition to the 30% it would gain from spamming), and mixed in IS, it would be great AoE.

thats hos i leveled my balance druid form 80-82. after that sadly mob health/damage and my falling stat rating made it no longer viable
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    that was the old glyph

I've done this

I usually throw on an insect swarm too, but when you're out of mana on a heroic boss because you had to throw your innervate onto the healer, it is a good way to keep your DPS up. Just keep strafing to keep your 3 stacks up. I was messing around with this just for fun (and for dailies) and would get just over 5k dps. This was when I had about 330 equipped ilevel with no gems or enchants.

As a side note, you can also kill the worms for the Therazane dailies but just running and moonfire/sunfire kiting like a hunter. Good easy way to get things down quick.
    Last edited by Eggboi; 2010-12-26 at 12:25 PM. Reason: added note

Quote Originally Posted by Whuhoppn View Post
    Not according to my prime glyph. "Increase the periodic damage of your moonfire ability by 20%.", I'm guessing it affects sunfire as well.
    Increases periodic damage. You won't be lettin the periodic damage happen if you're spamming it.
    Doesn't it also decrease initial damage?

edit: Just seen Lockne post, thanks for clearing that up!

Just tested

Just tested this on Lord Cannon in Twilight Highlands. He's got 116k hp. I started every fight with Insect swarm, and then spammed Sunfire constantly while strafing until he died. Results:

Lord Cannon

Part of this clearly has to do with luck on crits and such. Currently ilevel 341 equipped gear. IF you're low on mana and doing this, I suggest using Starsurge whenever it procs, as you should have a clearcasting up and it will be on instant cast.

I guess im the only druid that hates the spaming of moonfire as it is annoying as hell to see and not to mention for melee or tanks standing in it or fighting a moonkin in pvp. It is rediculous to buff it so it does so much more damage for a "dot" and cost less mana if u spam it, why not give the same effect to frost mages and ice lance so they spam crap even more now, or is it that the designers though it was so cool fighting mages running around spamming ice lance that they said hey lets give boomkins this too. I understand we needed something to help out movement fights where we are lacking do to our cast times but seriously, i hate spaming one button and thouse who do, no skill required. To fix this i would suggest makingthe starsurge prot be increased by movement like shadow priest's shadow apperations, will give you the ability when needed to move out of something to re apply your dots and get a starsurge off then you will be setteled in your new spot and back into your rotation. if you are having mana issues then lear to not spam moonfire during the fight, apply first when you get a lunar eclips, keep IS up because its cheap. Its better to work towords your eclips where you get mana back, maning more use of starsurge to push you faster from one side to another. Glyph innervate so if you have to innervate the healer then you will get some mana back, but if you use it near the start when you are about 75 ta 80% then it should be off cooldown when the healer is in need unless they suck at mana management and are under geared.

Deleted
    There are quite a few topics on this now. We've talked about it for ages, and you get the same message as everybody else:

You will lose DPS compared to a stand still rotation. Thats how its supposed to be. If you have anything to contradict this - say, actual math - feel free to post it.

It will make you loose dps compaired to a stand still rotation. On target dummies I get around 7k dps spamming sunfire and refreshing insect swarm with my solar eclipse procced. I am also using star surge procs.

Actually non idiot rotation, 10k... Its a large dps loss. Works great for multidotting though. I allways quest just tagging stuff with sunfire, insect swarm, typhoon when stuff gets to close/starts ganging up on me, and then barksin/hurricane.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

wotlk is over ...

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 02:26 AM ----------

Increases periodic damage. You won't be lettin the periodic damage happen if you're spamming it.
    Doesn't it also decrease initial damage?

edit: Just seen Lockne post, thanks for clearing that up!
    i have around 6-7% haste i get a tick out of it when i spam it

I found a usefull spot for sunfire spam on magmaw. Its pretty retarded mana fight so ...

1. proc solar eclipse
    2. spam is and sunfire till maggots spawn
    3. hurricane maggots with solar buf (40+ % is very big difference)
    4. spam is and sunfire till second maggots spawn
    5. hurricane maggots with solar buf (40+ % is very big difference)
    6. continue normal rotation and after head expose try go into solar fast as you can
    7. -> 2.

Deleted
    And with this system, you do imba awesome damage? I remain unconvinced.

You'll be doing around 60% of an optimal rotation while spamming IS and sunfire, and I don't believe that a single hurricane can make up for that (this is where the parasites start to die, or scatter too much). You are talking about spending about 75% of the figth doing 60% of what you could be doing, trying to AOE on par with everybody else, and then only nuking in the stun phase. There's no way this can really be effective.

Rather, you should simply do your normal rotation to DPS him down, and if you happen to be in solar when the parasites come, then good for you. If not, then its no biggie - the AOE done to the parasites is peanuts compared to nuking the head with increased damage, and general, straight forward DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    I don't believe that a single hurricane can make up for that (this is where the parasites start to die, or scatter too much).
    that was actualy our problem on 10man. I needed cast 2x hurricane (per 1 magot spawn..) for some "aoe lack in group" reason... We just had too much problems with fast larva kills, so tried that kind of dmg dealing and it worked better. It is effective when your group is weak and group missing good aoe.
    Btw i dont know if you understand it right but on head expose i was doing normal switching rotation... not sunfire spam.
    Anyway i ended somewhere on top of dmgdone with that what is only showing how weak that group was.
    But still Job done > Blind hate against mechanic + wipes.

Btw it hurt fingers.
    Last edited by Madus; 2010-12-29 at 12:32 PM.