Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fossilzed Raptor....

Is anyone else noticing how every single archaeologist has the raptor? At first I was one of the few people to have it on my server (i was 4th to get it) and now I've seen well around 200 people on my server have it (riding around Cities and also in Tol Barad about 50% of people are using it...).

it seems its not hard to get as you thought

Not exactly hard to get. Unlike the 85 epics, ugh..

Deleted
    I could slightly get this if Blizzard had up and nerfed some huge raid achievement that only the proest of the pro could complete. Slightly. This, however, makes no sense to me at all. It's like being pissed people other than you have the Scarlet tabard. It wasn't hard to get in the first place, just luck-based.

Deleted
    Considering Fossil has 2 rares and 12 Commons, you are clearly going to get them faster than others considering you can get those at level 1

Was my third rare.

Almost everyone I know who has gotten the fossil rares before all others, the latest anyone got it was around 350 arch.

It only requires only around 200 Archaeology to find, unlike some of the more rare ones like the bug mount, which requires 525 as far as I know.

Also Fossils are EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    It only requires only around 200 Archaeology to find, unlike some of the more rare ones like the bug mount, which requires 525 as far as I know.

Also Fossils are EVERYWHERE.
    Exactly this. Mostly the everywhere part. And as already stated, not many fossils to find ups the chance.

Its a nice mount, shame theres no real call for ground mounts anymore.

Deleted
    it was my 2nd rare, i got it at 255
    probably something to do with the fact that fossils spawn commonly and theres only 2 rares to make, kinda logical imo that u will complete both fossil rares during the course of leveling archeology alone. (others probably siad this but i didnt read all replys)
    i agree that everyone would want the pet + mount, but you don't need to farm them
    Last edited by mmoce47bb2e1c5; 2010-12-26 at 05:11 PM. Reason: thread is about mount, not pet

It's 2 rares in Fossil, both acquireable after 150 or so skill. It's no surprise a lot of people have it.

Because while levelling up to 525 you will get both the mount and pet. On my mage once I got to level 100 I crafted 4 fossils and unlocked the pet
    Last edited by Glomp; 2010-12-26 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    i have it, only seen 3 other ppl so far on my server

Deleted
    Bug > Raptor.

That is all.

Deleted
    Yup it's pretty common on my server also.

While we're at it, I still haven't seen another Ultramarine Qiraji Battle tank other than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Because while levelling up to 525 you will get both the mount and pet. On my mage once I got to level 100 I crafted 4 fossils and unlocked the pet
    Well that's a lie. If leveled on Kalimdor Night elf digsites are overwhelming and fossils are found just slightly more than troll finds. If one logically moves on to outland digsites and northrend digsites when possible it is quite easy to miss the (mount) raptor. IF one focussed on fossils or did all thier finds in Eastern Kingdoms then it is likely that one will get the pet and mount but it would still be ignorant to state that someone will get what is essentially a random chance.

If the OP really wanted to feel special/be pathetic and constantly dig around to get the AQ bug mount then you can feel an undeserved sense of superiority because you play the game too much or are extremely lucky, neither of which merit a real sense of superiority. see above undeserved smug post

Well literally everyone I know who has archaeology past 400 has the mount. I'm going by what I've seen

it would really be awesome if they made it move its bones wenever you get to a zone where you can fly so it changes into a skeletal wind serpent like the prophet tharon'ja in drak'tharon keep http://www.wowhead.com/npc=26632#same-model-as . because you mostly only get to use it in places like tol barad or cities, thats just my opinion.

also, i got it as my second rare after the hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Wash View Post
    ... so, what was the warlock ninjaing from you?

Stupid Warrior: Soul shards, the f**king idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    3. If all WoW servers disappeared today and were permanently removed, what would your reaction be?

I would go on forums like this and enjoy the epic nerdrage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've already started getting repeats on my fossils and I'm only at 227, I was hoping to get the mount soon... I want it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it's everywhere on mine. What do you expect? There's only 2 rares for fossil and it requires a low skill to get.

Now if only I could get an 85 epic...
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.