Trouble turning up settings

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled wow and ever since I have installed in I haven't been able to turn up some of the video settings because "my graphics card doesn't support it". I was running on the highest settings before I uninstalled the game with no problems and 50+ fps. I'm not sure why it's not letting me turn up some of the settings but any help is appreciated.

I can't post a screenshot yet but it is saying "requires shader model 3 capable graphics card" and "unsupported for graphics related reasons"

Also the graphics card I'm using is a ATI Radeon HD 5700

Any help is appreciated, Happy Holidays =D

Try updating drivers. Chances are you're trying to use one of the new graphical changes such as sunshafts or water effects, which were not there before your reinstall.

Are you getting a big red bar? That can happen if even one setting is grayed out. In my case it was water effects. I had to leave water on fair and manually turn everything else up to high. It's a frequently reported problem, so hopefully they're working on a fix; meanwhile, check your drivers and DirectX software.

you can also try killing your wtf file because i had recently upgraded my system and had a graphics card that can run just about anything and it was telling me the same thing deleted my wtf file and it works fine