Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Blizzard all the time giving more and more cc's for certain classes. It's not even fun anymore, almost every class can somehow stunlock/chain cc enemy down, what's the point of this really, imo every class shouldn't have all kind of cc's, they should bring the table unique/different abilities.

Also, damage is out of control compared to healing in pvp now, blizzard's going really wrong way doing this imo. Lets say, what's the point warlock self heals are healing equal same or even more than moonkin heals? Also as moonkin ya need to spam from full mana to zero to get full hp from 10%.

It's a sad fact.

/discuss
    This just in Boomkin is now the healing spec for druids while Resto is a new DPS spec. Some classes/specs have no self healing. Get over the fact that you heal just as well as another DPS spec.

PvP is not balanced around 1v1, make friends and work together.

"Man is free the moment he wishes to be."-Voltaire

i have to say that even the blizzard developers atm don't really have a clue on how to balance pvp without affecting pve.

1st they took out the stun reduction talents now they wan't to reduce the cc.......

the good thing is that even they know that if they left pvp as it is now they will not lose money because it seems for each one player that stops wow more are joining or rerolling.
    the bad thing is that atm pvp is dominated by ferals druids frost mages and holy paladins.
    on this and the previus week i have done like 100 games with varius teams to help friends take points test combos and have fun.
    99% of the 3v3 teams are feral druid frost mage and holy paladin.
    i have met till now 3 times a team with a warrior in 2v2 and 3v3 brackets 1 with a shaman 2 with a hunter and 2 with a warlock.
    maybe because i am at low ratings and teams like lock druid shaman are on higher lvl but arena atm is really crap in my opinion
    on the othre hand i don't care i just wanted the dagger to change my pve bllue.

Deleted
    Im a dk. I have no stuns except for my pets which is tottaly random. i have no way of getting out so stuns as im a troll and havent yet got the medallion. QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pukka View Post
    Im a dk. I have no stuns except for my pets which is tottaly random. i have no way of getting out so stuns as im a troll and havent yet got the medallion. QQ
    You can control your pet stun....

Almost all classes can't get out of stuns without a medallion or similar ability....

I'm not sure if I just got trolled....

Quote Originally Posted by Omnus View Post
    You can control your pet stun....

Almost all classes can't get out of stuns without a medallion or similar ability....

I'm not sure if I just got trolled....
    Sadly, no.

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lockos View Post
    i think that if they reduce the amount of cc at pvp we will go back to 40 min games or what ever is the limit and i don't think this is fun for anyone.
    And the general idea of pvp isn't this?to counter your oponent and win him?
    i agree that some classes/specs like frost mages have very very heavy cc and nerfs are needed.
    i can totaly understand that to have your character cced for a big amount of time is not plesant but at the game exist smt that called dispel and it has it's use.
    and also i would love someone to tell me how to kill a healer at pvp with reduced cc and the about 3000+ res that they can easily reach even from the starting blue pvp set.
    a few hours ago i was doing 2v2 with a warrior friend just for the lols and the points.
    we met a team with a warlock-holy paladin.
    the warlock had 91k hp which it means propably 0 res and an easy easy kill and that happened he was dead in about 4 secs.
    i hope that he will wonder why and go gather some some pvp gear from bgs first.
    then it was my team warrior/frost mage and the holy paladin from the oposite team.
    i have to say that i hate holy paladins like i don't know what.i am realy realy hate them. i have spent most of time in bgs and arena games to learn how to counter them and make them suffer i realy do.

so we are starting the nuke on him. he has 110k hp at 99k he bubbles........my team mate doesn't remove it we just letting him spent some mana.so i am lets just finish this. i am poping time warp and we start the nuke on him.
    all this happens realy fast it is like 4-5 secs after the warlock had died which is in general like 10-12 secs in fight.
    we taking him down to 10k hp and he just inst full heal him self with an instant cast.
    i don't want to make it a huge post so i will sum up that we did on him 1.7 milions dmg with good timed interupts and he was prety much unkilable and he just left the fight.he had 94k mana and by the time he left the match he was sitting at 43k mana. he was just healing the burst dmg of a warrior and a frost mage with instant or almost instand casts.

now you can come and say gtfo holypaladins are op. yes i agree but from the class changes at the blue post i didn't saw a nerf to them it looks more like they will buff priest and the rest healers to holy paladin lvls than nerf the paladins.

now plz come and tell me a good way to play arena games against a healer like him,and also have in mind that his team mate might be decent geared and skilled,and have a fight that will last shorter than the time limit.

reducing cc might be a good way for a more balanced pvp but they will need to adjust healers to prevent going to a game style that dps will just watching them stand still and healing themelves unable to stop them.
    Idk, with all of the cds popped including time warp I can almost kill a holy alone in a deep freeze if I have the chance to set it up properly. They are a bit op with the instant heals and never going oom but a deep freeze into a chain of warriors stuns into a blanket counterspell should have left the pally dead twice.

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN View Post
    Part of their "bring the player not the class" campaign. Although some classes' CC is better than others...
    I'm really stoked to see how far they take this. Maybe in a couple of years there will only be one class. After all, why should any class be unique?

honestly stop the QQ, 2 sec cast on poly is enough to make me smile as a warrior.

make cyclone dispellable tho, and get rid of feral insta clones.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Sounds like a terrible boomkin to me.
    In fact I know my class and how to play moonkin, just mentioning inbalance, I might sound bad to you, but that's only your opinion.

And weird how this thread got 5 pages already, I've missed lots because haven't been reading but discussing here won't change anything but people feel better

I think making a thread like this was bad idea anyway, but I must admit that I dislike current state of crowd control in this game atm.

This instant root + solar beam combo to healer after he used a trinket for other cc is so insane with organized combo that it's probably going to get a nerf soon.
    Last edited by Norther; 2010-12-30 at 11:14 AM.
    asd

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard tried to balance the pve part of the game, making pvp worse.
    thats why i've been playing warhammer constantly, while i just play wow a couple of months per year or so...

imo:

dps = lots of nuke, little survivability, very little CC.
    healer = very little damage, normal survivability, very little CC.
    tank = very little damage, lots of CC, lots of survivability, "guard" ability.

CC = diminishing returns should be shared by all abilities that allow you to take damage while being unable to act/move. like stuns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    blizzard tried to balance the pve part of the game, making pvp worse.
    thats why i've been playing warhammer constantly, while i just play wow a couple of months per year or so...

imo:

dps = lots of nuke, little survivability, very little CC.
    healer = very little damage, normal survivability, very little CC.
    tank = very little damage, lots of CC, lots of survivability, "guard" ability.

CC = diminishing returns should be shared by all abilities that allow you to take damage while being unable to act/move. like stuns.
    All stuns do share DR.
    BfA Beta Time