Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pvp is fun.. BGs are not.

Hi. i love PvP. But however, i hate objectives like capture flags. I want pvp to be pure. Balanced. Skill reliant. I dont want the team who can run in pack of 5 with the right setup wins. That is why i find Arenas to be fun, and also why i find most BGs to be crap, the only BG i like somewhat is warsong gulch because here you can actually play by yourself seeking out lonewolves and fight them in an epic 1v1 fight. And i am so bored of having to farm gear now on my wariror/rogue in BGs so that when i enter one, i usualy leave after five minutes.

Blizzard answered the peoples call for team deathmatch battles with Arenas. Okay, cool arenas. But.. To be succesful in arenas you first need to have farmed the same battlegrounds over and over.

I dont blame blizzard only for my sudden boredom with this game.. I play.. on a RP server, why? I have NO idea... I dont even RP. i would like to be on a pvp server where i could go around tol barad peninsula all day long killing people doing dailies, but i dont feel like spending a 20 euro on that incase i might quit wow.

First when i started writing this was gonna be another QQ post about "Team deathmatch style bgs please" but yea, i dont know why i wrote this now.. But illpost it anyway.
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropos View Post
    Hi. i love PvP. But however, i hate objectives like capture flags. I want pvp to be pure. Balanced. Skill reliant. I dont want the team who can run in pack of 5 with the right setup wins. That is why i find Arenas to be fun, and also why i find most BGs to be crap, the only BG i like somewhat is warsong gulch because here you can actually play by yourself seeking out lonewolves and fight them in an epic 1v1 fight. And i am so bored of having to farm gear now on my wariror/rogue in BGs so that when i enter one, i usualy leave after five minutes.

Blizzard answered the peoples call for team deathmatch battles with Arenas. Okay, cool arenas. But.. To be succesful in arenas you first need to have farmed the same battlegrounds over and over.

I dont blame blizzard only for my sudden boredom with this game.. I play.. on a RP server, why? I have NO idea... I dont even RP. i would like to be on a pvp server where i could go around tol barad peninsula all day long killing people doing dailies, but i dont feel like spending a 20 euro on that incase i might quit wow.

First when i started writing this was gonna be another QQ post about "Team deathmatch style bgs please" but yea, i dont know why i wrote this now.. But illpost it anyway.
    I've always felt I wanted your style of BG actually. One that's actually about Player versus Player.

Yea. Do you know if like LOTRO/warhammer online got such things? That would make me try them for sure...
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

yeah i think ur biggest problem is that ur on a RP server. I'm on a PvP sever and BG's are alot of fun because u get in a PvP guild and u form premade to go in and own. But yeah keep up the PvP

Arenas, Loved by those who have the toons for the perfect faceroll comps of the day

Enjoy your rock paper scissors

BGs are fine. Rated BGs are not though. They seem completely pointless to me, it is just about which side caps 3 flags first... And then it is impossible to cap a base against coordinated group. GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amenman View Post
    Arenas, Loved by those who have the toons for the perfect faceroll comps of the day

Enjoy your rock paper scissors
    This is so true , why I quite pvp only really do pve now. Its just all about the classes now. Yeah skill comes into a little but classes play such a Massive part of wether you do well. If you want to faceroll every1 just reroll a mage and enjoy pvp once again!

YEa.. I should probably try to get off this server.. I dont know if i should do that or get Warhammer/fix my steam so that i can play tf2 and build my own maps, i love doin that :d

I would spam BG's all day, but i dont. The 20-30 minute queue's are killing me =(

You have arenas for deathmatch. BGs are for those that likes to actually use strategic enginuity and tactics besides just rolling over people. I think arenas is a cool addition to the pvp, but I think the main focus should be on "large" scale battles like BGs are.

I enjoy BG's because, well...Ive just never been good at Arena. Finding people on my low horde pop server to make an arena group with is not a great option. Likewise, I can use my pvp warrior, mine ore for my hunter's profs while in BG queues, and have alot of fun even if I lose.

i enjoy bg's and arenas
    depends on how you see things and how you feel

Well, if you weren't melee, you would enjoy BGs just as much as arenas/1v1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropos View Post
    Yea. Do you know if like LOTRO/warhammer online got such things? That would make me try them for sure...
    If it's pure PvP your after I must tell you Warhammer online is a great game for that. In fact, it's based around PvP, made especially for PvP. Unlike WoW which has PvE as main purpose they started out with PvE only like dungeons, and raids, there was no battlegrounds at all in the beginning of WoW. Warhammer is the opposite, it started out with lots of battlegrounds, lots of places and reason to PvP, and only made dungeons later when people asked for it.

Though I don't really understand the point your trying to make here "I dont want the team who can run in pack of 5 with the right setup wins", isn't that pretty much arena and not battleground...?

Deleted
    Just make a bg that is pure death match, first to one hundred kills wins

Because Arenas are based on pure skill and not the comp, yeah great.

Warhammer has a lot of what amounts to battlegrounds. It is horrifically imbalanced. It has almost no usable endgame. You can pretty much write off any hope of serious expansion, as the game has been a miserably financial failure. It had a lot of potential, but it was released way too early. The biggest issue is that the game was supposed to be really focused on world pvp, but the world pvp areas are giant barren deserts where you inevitably end up winning or losing based on who has the bigger army, assuming anyone shows up to pvp there. It's just not fun.

LoTRO is probably the worst game to play if you like pvp. That's just not what it's about.

Your argument is kind of weird and lopsided. Arenas are significantly more comp dependent than rated BGs. It sounds to me like you simply don't like strategy or balance, because everything you want is the opposite of strategy and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    And then it is impossible to cap a base against coordinated group. GG.
    Thats the point of rated BG's... teamwork and coordination

Quote Originally Posted by ShommZy View Post
    Thats the point of rated BG's... teamwork and coordination
    Haha, he might as well have said "It's impossible to cap a base against a better team!"

Deleted
    Playing rated BGs with PvP guildies is so fucking amazing, it is sooo exciting. Having everyone on Ventrilo and playing coordinated strategy based game is awesome!!!