Deleted

When am I'm ready to start raiding? [TANK]

Alright, as the title says, I wanna check if my stats are good enuf to start raiding. My following stats are:

Mastery: 16.47
    Dodge: 11.21%
    Parry: 11.48%
    Health: 157,9K in Blood presence only.
    Hit: +1.73%
    Expertise: 23

My guild just started with the raiding, and I want to make sure that I got the gear to be a part of the progress. I admit my hit is abit low, but I haven't got any problems with the threat lately and the misses from Ds.

As long as your in 346/333 gear with maybe a few greens then your fine, we did the new 'voa' 25 man only a few days after cata release, tanks didnt have much more then 130-40k if i recall.

if ilvl= 346 then yes u are ready for raiding!
    this have been known in blues as it has been intended just like the ilvl req for hcs and the new loot system

OR go check elitistjerks if your not sure about ur class states

Deleted
    My currently item level is 345. Also, I checked the sticky tank thread but got confused with all the replies, so what SHOULD I gem? I'm currently gemming: Blue - Stamina | Red - Stamina/Parry | Yellow/Prismatic - Stamina/Mastery, some people say pure stamina, some only mastery/stamina and some stamina/avoidance. Also a link to armory: (Can't post links )eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/khossan/advanced
    Last edited by mmocb5dfc97f5d; 2010-12-26 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khossan View Post
    My currently item level is 345. Also, I checked the sticky tank thread but got confused with all the replies, so what SHOULD I gem? I'm currently gemming: Blue - Stamina Red - Stamina/Parry Yellow/Prismatic - Stamina/Mastery, some people say pure stamina, some only mastery/stamina and some stamina/avoidance. Also a link to armory: (Can't post links )eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/khossan/advanced
    Khossan, EJ has not confirmed what tank DKs should gem for, but from the research that has been done, stamina, mastery, and avoidance are all looking quite close right now. So keep gemming the way you are, the extra stam will give your healers an extra reaction time buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Khossan View Post
    My currently item level is 345. Also, I checked the sticky tank thread but got confused with all the replies, so what SHOULD I gem? I'm currently gemming: Blue - Stamina Red - Stamina/Parry Yellow/Prismatic - Stamina/Mastery, some people say pure stamina, some only mastery/stamina and some stamina/avoidance. Also a link to armory: (Can't post links )eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/khossan/advanced
    Not really an answer for that, lots of debate about mastery on EJ, imo stick with stamina and then reforge hit/exp to avoidance, gem avoidance/stam if you need to.

You are ready, you don't need flawless gear.

Deleted
    Reforge some of your gear to hit. Just my two cents.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks for the answers and thoughts

I also agree your hit is really low. Imagine missing all those death strikes, that is alot of shields and healing taken away.

You say you threat is fine with the missing from DS currently but that is an instance/Heroic situation. Missing even more for bosses in a raid environment.

Just my thoughts on it of course
    Last edited by Aseren; 2010-12-26 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added clarity for raiding

Gear is good enough to start tanking raids.

Currently, myself, i'm sitting on 2.5 % hit AFAIR, but i personally want it upped, since i have an ele shammy in the guild runs with a trigger finger.

My two cents who be to gem for stam/dodge instead, since you want parry/dodge levels to be equal and as a rule of thumb, your gonna be getting more parry than dodge.
    Other than that, stam and mastery seems to be the way to go.

As a question off topic, does mastery also work in the decimals, or does it only have an effect when it goes to round numbers (15, 16 etc.).
    We've been puzzled by this in my guild, and would love a clarification if anyone knows?

I'd say you're going to be fine, should link to your armory as it sounds like you could probably re-gem some of your stamina to hit. No one's going to argue with high HP but that high unbuffed won't be necessary.

Deleted
    Re-Gem Stamina to Hit. Haha. Funny.

If you're in 346 Blues, you can Raid. Simple as.