Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well done. By far the one Guide in the entire contest that has proven the most beneficial to me. For anyone that hasn't tried Auctionator, I would definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Nice guide, but a bit weak on some of the proffesion tips. let me start off with alchemy, trough the wotlk time i learned that transmute mastery was the way to go, both from own experience and trough gold making blogs, during wotlk the costs of the raw mats for making flasks and pots was more expencive then the cost of pots and flasks you would buy from the auction house, so you where losing gold by crafting. with transmute master this never was a issue. with transmute master these days, i buy volatile life from ah for a price usually around 10g, and sell the transmuted volatile for somewhere around 25-30g. going to the zone that gives the most valued volatile to do the transmute, the random issue is no longer. for example uldum for volatile air. with this, im spending 140, and get around 375 to 450g back.

with blacksmith belt buckle should give a steady income, crafting weapon and armor is a more risky buisness.

gathering proffesions is a steady income, but it cant compete with the crafting proffesions when it comes gold/time spent.

thats all my thoughts really.

Thanks for giving away all of our secrets jackass! :-P

Seriously though, well written guide nice job

Deleted
    Great guide, I didnt know about the picking on the weak and the Time: Short trick.
    Now for monopoly, choose something expensive with very low supply, and be careful with it. The newbie monopolies would be the Wool Cloth and KNothide Leather. I remember when I was 12 years old and I ran DM on my hunter for wool cloth, and then created a monopoly by buying everything.

Deleted
    The problem with making a monopoly is that you start to lose money when people post for 1 copper less than you. The auction house cut will cause you to pay more for something that costs less than yours than you actually make with them when you resell.

never underestimate the ignorance/laziness of your average wow player. i make insane amounts of money by selling random vendor crap at the ah. things that easily sell for 300-1000% profit are blank enchant vellums, jeweler settings, dust of disappearance (insane cash cow), vendor found recepies and other "junk" that people need but never bother to look for. the beauty of these items is you dont need to farm them, just do a few vendor trips and instant profit. however dont get too greedy, post at a steady pace and dont over flood the ah.
    also if you are a night owl like myself always check out what the JC daily is as soon as it resets (if you are not a jc your self just ask in trade) and if its one of the dailies that requires 3 cut nightstone, jasper, or blue sapphire instantly go to AH and buy a decent sized lot of those gems. then repost with a 24 hour duration in stacks of 3 each adding about 50-100% on top of what you paid for. those things sell like hotcakes and if by some random chance you end up having some left over dont panic just set em aside for when the daily appears again. in my personal experience as JC the mats required for that particular daily skyrocket in price almost immediately.
    Last edited by BruceInc; 2011-03-10 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceInc View Post
    never underestimate the ignorance/laziness of your average wow player. i make insane amounts of money by selling random vendor crap at the ah. things that easily sell for 300-1000% profit are blank enchant vellums, jeweler settings, dust of disappearance (insane cash cow), vendor found recepies and other "junk" that people need but never bother to look for. the beauty of these items is you dont need to farm them, just do a few vendor trips and instant profit. however dont get too greedy, post at a steady pace and dont over flood the ah.
    also if you are a night owl like myself always check out what the JC daily is as soon as it resets (if you are not a jc your self just ask in trade) and if its one of the dailies that requires 3 cut nightstone, jasper, or blue sapphire instantly go to AH and buy a decent sized lot of those gems. then repost with a 24 hour duration in stacks of 3 each adding about 50-100% on top of what you paid for. those things sell like hotcakes and if by some random chance you end up having some left over dont panic just set em aside for when the daily appears again. in my personal experience as JC the mats required for that particular daily skyrocket in price almost immediately.
    Agreed,I sold 3 stacks of Crystal Vials for 30g each.

I've been making decent money as a blacksmith selling the Bloodied gear. This is the plated dps starter pvp set. The problem is you can't sell to more buyers than there are on the market, and there aren't many, but on my server I could usually make 500 to 1000g / day.

My strat was to use auctionator to look up all the "bloodied" sales, then figure out which ones were either not present or grossly overpriced. Sometimes bracers, for instance, were selling for 150g. No reason to make them. Other times, they were selling for lowest buyout of 700g. That's insane.

Since there are 8 pieces or so, and they're somewhat expensive to make (on my server, 140 to 200g / piece), they don't get listed a lot, so it was a matter of finding the crazy ones, make a few pieces, and undercut by 20% or so to make it look like a great deal to buyers.

I don't know how 4.2 has changed this, but it might be worthwhile for others to check out.

(I didn't check the other starter pvp items, but I'm assuming they would follow similar market scenarios)

Quick question. When I try to sort by timeleft, It simply goes from having very long on top....to having other auctions with a very long timeleft. I'm using auctionator and tried disabling it, but no change. It does this regardless of how large or small my search is. Anyone else experienced this/know whats causing it?