Enhancement Shaman and the Spell Hit Cap

I've been exporting my character from rawr http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php
    and putting it into enhsim v2.2.6

I have been noticing that the simulator shows I gain dps when not worrying about spell hit cap and instead pumping in straight agility. Is anyone else getting this same type of numbers?
    Ill post the two configs after I get home tonight.

well maybe u gain dps, but then what? on fights like Halfus and Tron Council, heck any fight where interrupts are a must ppl use Shamans to do so... I solo interrupt Halfus thru the entire fight, due to 5 sec CD on interrupt and that our interrupt isnt part of our global CD.. and believe me, you need Spell hit cap for that.. im running with 1745 hit ratiing atm and I wudnt change that even for 1k dps more (exaggeration, I know)... theres more to raiding then dmg ^^..

Jimmyw - Frostmane EU

I guess you didnt understand the question, I wasnt asking whether or not it was smart to not be spell hit capped for raids when i need to kick (we also have other members doing that) but if the simulators are correct. I know the current sim I am using is in the Alpha stage, but he was talking about making it an actual release. It just seemed weird to me that not bothering with spell hit cap is a dps increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellhit is fairly below Agility in terms of Stat values. So if you speak of the person not gemming for hit at the cost of agility gems, he or she is in his right to do so.

The person should try to itemize towards Hit and Mastery, not at cost of agility ofcourse as crit and haste are generally ranked a fair chunk below those where, mastery is again lower then hit before spell hit cap.

So as stated numerous times on these forums, the simulators are correct.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

My apologies I just read rouncer's remarks toward the subject in the enh shammy bis thread (3rd page) on this forum. So i guess ill ask my GM if he wants me kicking and them gem accordingly.

ur not kicking, ur wind shearing.......

and I guess if raid leader want to waste some DPS in order to boost ur agility ego then so be it... there is not getting around the fact that Enhance is the best interrupter by far... we dont need to stop DPS in order to interrupt... so putting a rogue or ele shaman on it, they will loose a significant amount of dps compared to us....

but yea, as long as ur topping meters, amirite?

You still miss where this convo was intended on going.

So i guess ill ask my GM if he wants me kicking and them gem accordingly. - ur own words

aka ur question was NOT towards raiding??? since u wanna gem according to this simulation? which I am also commenting on?

The original intent of the topic was to see if it was a dps increase to not worry about spell hit cap. There was not any mention on how this will affect raid comp. It is my raid leader's decision on who does what in the raid so if he has other choices and prefers to use them I would like to increase my damage. This will be my last reply to you on this subject because I am still not sure if your intent was to flame bait or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible but not that common to miss a windshear or spell on a boss, the chance is very small and generally a raid setup also has a reserve or back up interrupter in case something goes wrong.

You can also obtain a lot of +hit on gear to be near if not completely spellhit capped. As engineer especially i know for certain it's possible as every race, with a bit of farming.
    In otherwords, rarely having to gem for it unless ofcourse you run into a good agility socket bonus and there you could use agility and hit.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    ur not kicking, ur wind shearing.......

and I guess if raid leader want to waste some DPS in order to boost ur agility ego then so be it... there is not getting around the fact that Enhance is the best interrupter by far... we dont need to stop DPS in order to interrupt... so putting a rogue or ele shaman on it, they will loose a significant amount of dps compared to us....

but yea, as long as ur topping meters, amirite?
    Please understand that the purpose of this thread was to discuss the values outputted by Enhsim, observed by Stevenzb, which seem to have diverged away from the commonly accepted belief of hit rating being much better than any other stat prior to reaching the 17% spell hit cap purely from the perspective of dps. The consideration of needing to be capped for other extrinsic reasons was not at any point called into question.

I haven't gone and downloaded the new sim yet, but I assume since you're talking hit vs. agi you're speaking in terms of gems and enchants? In that case, my attitude has always been that agi outweighs the spell hit cap in this situation because you can sacrifice other stats like haste and crit for hit via reforging to gain the hit needed.

This is an interesting question if reforging alone can't get you the cap, but since I'm at the hit cap without stepping into a raid, one that will probably be outgeared fairly quickly.
    Let our enemies know that havoc calls and that with its song comes their end.