10+ Year Old Account

Question Archaelogy and Tol'vir.

So i just came on 455..Now i'm pretty much confused.
    How do i get to Tol'vir.
    Do i just go to Kalimidor and then i just find it it. or someting else?
    Please tell me :P

they randomly pop up as you do more Kalimdor dig sites

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Tol'vir artifacts spawn once you get Illustrious Grand Master Archaeologist, and they share the digsite count with other digsite in Kalimdor.
    Dig until you get a digsite there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Okey. Now i'm not so confused anymore :P

yes you will get 1 site per 1 or 2 hours lol

Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    yes you will get 1 site per 1 or 2 hours lol
    not true, i've gotten 3 digsites in uldum within the first 30 minutes of me getting 450 archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    not true, i've gotten 3 digsites in uldum within the first 30 minutes of me getting 450 archaeology.
    You should have an approxmately 12% chance of getting a Uldum digsite everytime you get a new digsite in Kalimdor. Atleast that is your bais chance, the rest is up to the RNG gods...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    I will just say, when I finished completing that Tol'vir rare scarab thingy, I have already had 6/7 rare NE artifacts and all fossil artifacts. My personal record is 8 NE digsites in a row and just 2 for the Tol'vir.
    Last edited by mmoc829d37085d; 2010-12-27 at 12:10 AM. Reason: proper tense

13% chance to ONLY spawn in KALIMDOR.
    Most take 45 fragments to solve.

Now you can see the issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been after the Vial of the sands recipe for over 2 weeks now and I've only gotten 4 canopic jars and still don't have it. Really time consuming and no reward as of yet

For your question: It is random to get a Tol'vir digsite, just keep doing Kalimdor dig sites and check everytime you complete one. Sometimes you can get lucky and get one straight after completing one, sometimes it can take 1 or even 2 hours + like some of mine have....very frustrating.

Good luck!

I'm surprised you haven't given up yet.

RNGesus wasn't kind to me, so I herbed and mined instead until I could afford the VotS crafting fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    I've been after the Vial of the sands recipe for over 2 weeks now and I've only gotten 4 canopic jars and still don't have it. Really time consuming and no reward as of yet
    From what I understand, the chance of getting the recipe in a jar is less than 1 in 20.

Quote Originally Posted by RenataKane View Post
    From what I understand, the chance of getting the recipe in a jar is less than 1 in 20.
    Only the qqers and the unlucky say that, drop chance is about 20%

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    Only the qqers and the unlucky say that, drop chance is about 20%
    From what I have read the chance is actually probably higher than that. Very few people have said they are 1/5+. Additionally, keep in mind that the people most likely to complain are those who have had the worst luck. I would expect the chance is 1/3 or better. That being said, I've been at it for about a week now and am 0/4, with jars being my least frequent common.

Yet I have 8 empty jar and a friend of mine has 2 (empty), and I saw some ppl saying 6 or 7 and someone even told ten (yet I can't be sure for those)...

But it's true some also said having it on their first/second try (someone on my server craft the mount and doesn't have the tol'vir common artifact achievement...)

according to what I read on the forums 10 to 40% seems right (I'd say 20 or 25% tho)

10+ Year Old Account
    I just opened my fourth canopic jar. Empty again. It took several days to find this one. I have 23 Tol'Vir commons, plus 123 night elf commons made along the way. But I will persevere!

Edit: Fifth canopic jar was also empty.
    Last edited by Emeralde; 2010-12-28 at 02:28 AM.

Associate Professor Emeralde ~ fire-starter, flower-picker, potion-brewer, and artifact-finder

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post

just rng, the tolvir are just low chance, averages out to about 1-2 per hour max

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralde View Post
    I just opened my fourth canopic jar. Empty again. It took several days to find this one. I have 23 Tol'Vir commons, plus 123 night elf commons made along the way. But I will persevere!

Edit: Fifth canopic jar was also empty.
    34 tolvir commons, 4 of which were empty canopic jars. I'm getting less and less happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    34 tolvir commons, 4 of which were empty canopic jars. I'm getting less and less happy.
    So why do it? Unless you want to sell the VotS, you could just buy one for mats + 5-10k tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmithking View Post
    So why do it? Unless you want to sell the VotS, you could just buy one for mats + 5-10k tip.
    Haven't seen it for less than 20k on my server. And yes, I do want to sell it. Now 0/6...
    Last edited by HarleyM; 2010-12-28 at 06:12 PM.