Exclamation Dark intent on another warlock.... works

Hello ...

I was under the assumption first the DI don't stack on warlock thats why I was keep using it of other classes ....

however I tried to test it with a guildie and found that actually the 3% Haste stacks , and I can have 9% total haste if two warlocks put DI on me ...

beside the dot buff always up 100% of the time ...

so why all the DI guides skip the warlock from the DI priority ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    Hello ...

I was under the assumption first the DI don't stack on warlock thats why I was keep using it of other classes ....

however I tried to test it with a guildie and found that actually the 3% Haste stacks , and I can have 9% total haste if two warlocks put DI on me ...

beside the dot buff always up 100% of the time ...

so why all the DI guides skip the warlock from the DI priority ?
    If you read the guides you're referencing, specifically the one in this very forum, you would have your answer. But at the risk of this being another long thread on a done to death issue I'll try to keep it short.

Haste portion: Stacks
    Increased DOT damage portion: Does not stack

If you have not figured out the Dark Intent priority reasoning from the above facts, then I highly recommend you re read, or reread, Gherkins post entitled "Dark Intent - The Guide" at the link below:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...82010-12-24%29
    Last edited by New; 2010-12-26 at 11:13 PM.

Because while the haste bonus does stack the bonus healing/damage does not. So the group loses out on about 18% bonus to hots and dots when you and another warlock share it.

DI works on your pet too but I'm sure there's someone better to put it on.
    Last edited by Bullarkie; 2010-12-27 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    DI work on your pet too but I'm sure there's someone better to put it on.
    Well, that's a certain use for soloing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    If you read the guides you're referencing, specifically the one in this very forum, you would have your answer. But at the risk of this being another long thread on a done to death issue I'll try to keep it short.

Haste portion: Stacks
    Increased DOT damage portion: Does not stack

If you have not figured out the Dark Intent priority reasoning from the above facts, then I highly recommend you re read, or reread, Gherkins post entitled "Dark Intent - The Guide" at the link below:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...82010-12-24%29
    so u r talking raid dps wise ... not personal dps wise ...

cuz two locks buffing each other they will get more personal dps ... but less raid dps .... thats what u mean right

also there is nothing in the guide about buffing another warlock
    Last edited by HiTmAn47; 2010-12-27 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    Actually, if they got a DI buff stacked 3 times they will both have 9% extra haste each, meaning 18% total haste provided by both buffs instead of 2 times 3% without the ability of it stacking up, so wasting 12% haste.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually put it on my druid healer. Seems to be the best use for the raid comp we use. We do have a feral druid sometimes, which brings up the question:

Does it work with physical dots (i.e. Feral Bleeds, Rupture, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Evol Fingers View Post
    I usually put it on my druid healer. Seems to be the best use for the raid comp we use. We do have a feral druid sometimes, which brings up the question:

yes it works ... actually it works pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    As others have said:
    * Haste buff: Stacks with other copies of Dark Intent
    * DoT/HoT: Only stacks to 3, and you can only have 1 set of stacks at a time

2 Warlocks buffing each other: 4x 3% Haste buff, 6x 3% DoT / HoT buff
    2 Warlocks buffing other classes: x 3% Haste buff, 12x 3% DoT / HoT buff
    your math is wrong

it would be 3^2 + 3^2 = 9% + 9% = total of 18% between two players

if haste is more important than damage, then go for it by all means.

Back on the first post...

You dont put it on another warlock cause its just DPS/Healing loss raid wise. Personal DPS is useless anyway.
    Like other posters above they showed you that, you lose DPS while putting it on another warlock.

And 9% more healing or DPS > 3 haste anytime

Deleted
    I'll still give my pet priority on Dark Intent instead of the mages. Heck, i'd rather not cast it. But all of the above is true, Dark Intent single buff stacks. The 'proc effect 3 stacks' doesn't.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    yes it works ... actually it works pretty well
    yup tried it out shortly after with great results. His DPS sky rocketed pretty hardcore too, mine did somewhat (I'm destro) and we both had the buff up near the entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Evol Fingers View Post

I always put it on a resto druid too, and it should work on physical dots because they're still dots

you will kind of nerf your raid damage ( or healing) if you use dark intent on another warlock as 9% dots (or hots) will be waisted =(