Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockmark View Post
    What about the idea that the titans would see the hope and potential of the races of Azeroth and let us live?
    That would go against everything they have been building the Titans up for and would be the day I quit playing WoW(or at least quit reading quests and other lore). The Titans are the games biggest antagonists and it amazes me that the majority of the playerbase, even those at least moderately interested in lore, can't grasp that.

Edit: They're also the game's best antagonists. They're not corrupt. They're not evil. They don't desire power. They just don't care.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    REPLACE alexstrasza with tirion fordring not sylvanas then you're good to go! nobody can imagine the horrifying image of him wearing alex's outfit.
    Last edited by Doctor Deanster; 2010-12-27 at 01:19 AM.

What about the idea that the titans would see the hope and potential of the races of Azeroth and let us live?
    Thats what happened to Algalon after his defeat isn't it, he now questions the black and white look on things (of the Titans) and decided to continue to observe the planet to see "what makes us tick".
    Now if we had lost against him, could anyone really blame him for reporting back that it's a lost cause?

Magni isn't dead, hes a statue. Get it right.

The Titans are the games biggest antagonists and it amazes me that the majority of the playerbase, even those at least moderately interested in lore, can't grasp that.
    I'm not a lore expert, but I don't see how this is true.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.

Rather than replace the existing aspects, why not make some new ones? I'd like to see High Tinker Mekkatorque (or some other gifted gnome) appointed as the Aspect of Technology. I would have said Millhouse Manastorm, but we all know how he turned out.

Alexstrasza replaced by Sylvanas Windrunner

yes because an undead needs to replace the aspect of LIFE
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Rather than replace the existing aspects, why not make some new ones? I'd like to see High Tinker Mekkatorque (or some other gifted gnome) appointed as the Aspect of Technology. I would have said Millhouse Manastorm, but we all know how he turned out.
    I really like this idea. Kind of like, Aspects based around the races and soceties that have formed since Azeroth was created. And maybe in some future expansion, a threat is too big for the old Aspects to handle, so the new ones have to step in.

Aspect of Technology - Mekkatorque works for me
    Aspect of Economy - Maybe a goblin?
    Aspect of Art and Culture - No idea, but seems like a role a human could fill.
    Aspect of War/Military - Maybe an orc? Garrosh?
    Aspect of Partying Down - Some drunken dwarf.
    All the world's a stage,

Deleted
    I don't think Jaina would be mentally mature to be that.

Sylvanas the Lifebinder
    <She who spreads plague on what she creates>

Or??

I'm not a lore expert, but I don't see how this is true.
    The Titans are go from planet to planet creating order from chaos. Whenever their plans go to the wayside, they come and wipe the planet clean and start over again. They are a supreme force of Order and kind of like Cosmic Scientists running experiments on millions of planets. They do not care how many billions of lives they snuff out. They created it, they'll take it away. The living creatures on Azeroth are nothing but bacteria in a petri dish to them. At some point they'll come check up on their experiment and see that it went out of control, and try to destroy the botched planet so they can start over again.

Remember; antagonist doesn't mean bad guy. It's just the person or group who are working against the protagonists. In this case, us and our desire to not have our entire planet wiped out in the blink of an eye because thousands of years ago we evolved from what they created.

It's the whole point to the Algalon fight. We kill Loken, Azeroth's Prime Protector, which automatically sends a distress signal to the Titans' problem solver(Algalon) who's job is to check it out. He found that one of the Aspects the Titans left to protect the world is dead, all of the Keepers are corrupt and the Prime Protector has been killed so he sends the Omega code so the Titans will come and wipe the Planet clean. If we hadn't stopped him they would have come and done just that.

In fact, Blizzard has already set it up nicely with the Algalon fight and us winning him over with our desire to live. One day there will be an expansion where the Titans will stop by Azeroth to see what's been going on over the last couple thousand years and try to wipe the planet clean and Algalon will be the Tirion of that expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall/earthenring is being merely subsisting for deathwing who used to be the earth aspect.Although thrall could become a earth aspect it is not probable.What I will see happen is that all the aspects will die and the mortals will have to keep it in control themselves, not make new ones.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

In fact, Blizzard has already set it up nicely with the Algalon fight and us winning him over with our desire to live. One day there will be an expansion where the Titans will stop by Azeroth to see what's been going on over the last couple thousand years and try to wipe the planet clean and Algalon will be the Tirion of that expansion.
    This is possible. And I agree, the arrival of the Titans might be scary at first. But I see them having the same reaction as Algalon. Despite all the efforts of the Old Gods and their corruption, and all the failures and endless wars, there is still good in the hearts of the races of Azeroth. The Titans see this as a reason to no wipe us out, and instead battle Sargeras with us.
    All the world's a stage,

Sylvanas becoming the next Aspect and curing undeath would perfectly end the "Lich Queen Sylvanas needs to die, and Forsaken having a new leader" argument.

It pleases us fanboys because Sylvans doesen't have die, and it pleases non-fanboys by giving Forsaken a new leader (Nathos/Voss).

15+ Year Old Account
    If you really wanted to even attempt to work it, it whould go like follows

Earth: Thrall
    Dream: Malfurion
    Time: Rhonin (hell, he already travels through time)
    Magic: Khadgar or Jaina
    Life: Velen?

also to the people saying no mortals are powerful enough: IIRC In Stormrage Ysera states that Malfurion is more powerful than her.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Earth: Thrall
    Dream: Malfurion
    Time: Rhonin (hell, he already travels through time)
    Magic: Khadgar or Jaina
    Life: Velen?
    I didn't go with Rhonin for Time cause I don't really like him.

And I didn't go with Velen for life because he's not native to Azeroth. I know Thrall is an orc and they're not native either, I'm pretty sure he was at least born on the planet.
    All the world's a stage,

Quote Originally Posted by talkanor View Post
    lore wise magni is dead so thats a no-go :P
    Not dead, merely a setback.

Alexstrasza replaced by Sylvanas Windrunner
    huh?
    Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring.

Deleted
    Well, simpily put, mortals aren't and simpily will never be powerful enough to replace the Aspects. Without that in mind though, here's still a few issues:

-Even if Thrall was strong enough, he could not be the new Earth-Warder. As a Shaman, it is his duty to serve all the elements, and not to limit him to just one.
    -Though a popular character in WoW, Jaina is far from being the most powerful Mage in Azeroth. Rhonin would probably fit the role better.
    -Malfurion Stormrage probably wouldn't want to replace Ysera, because of his relationship with Tyrande. As the Aspect of the Green Dragonflight, he'd have to spend most (if not all) of his life in the Emerald Dream, meaning that he would likely never see Tyrande again. I don't think he'd let her go that easily, considering they've been together for over ten thousand years...
    -Magni Bronzebeard practically has nothing which would ever make him a Dragon Aspect, nor does he have any relationship with the Bronze Dragonflight or time itself. Plus, he's kind of been changed into a statue now...
    -If you've played through Lordaeron as an Undead, and played through Gilneas as a Worgen, then you know that she is beyond hope. She has completely no respect for the Horde, and even goes as far as to ignore an order from Garrosh himself! Not to mention that she practically kills innocent beings for fun, and that she's doing the exact same as the Lich King before her... It'll be more likely that we'll have to kill her eventually, and that somebody else takes over her role as the leader of the Forsaken.

you people are blind to not see the evil plans of ambitious b...h Alexstrasza.All she wants to do is to find a self righteous reason to get other aspects killed and replace them with her own puppets ( first being kalec but more to come ).In truth she is the greatest servant of old gods and they slowly drive other aspects mad using alex in secret.At the end she ll get all other aspects killed (but not by her hand ! she s a coward) get their powers (didnt she get the heart of magic from maly ?) and assign her fake aspects that was she ll be the sole aspect of azeroth and ask us to worship her beauty!

dont take me serious this is just a joke we use to talk about between friends - yet she is still a b...h! - but i would like her to be evil :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    you people are blind to not see the evil plans of ambitious b...h Alexstrasza.All she wants to do is to find a self righteous reason to get other aspects killed and replace them with her own puppets ( first being kalec but more to come ).In truth she is the greatest servant of old gods and they slowly drive other aspects mad using alex in secret.At the end she ll get all other aspects killed (but not by her hand ! she s a coward) get their powers (didnt she get the heart of magic from maly ?) and assign her fake aspects that was she ll be the sole aspect of azeroth and ask us to worship her beauty!

dont take me serious this is just a joke we use to talk about between friends - yet she is still a b...h! - but i would like her to be evil :P
    I don't care of Alextrasza ever ended up evil or not. "I will end you as I ended Malygos!" was fucking gangster.

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    This is a fairly justified assumption, however there are others that can be made, adn even following this assumption we don't know why. do we know for certain that without our interference, which happened only because of the interference of the infinite dragonflight, things wouldn't have turned out different? that is one idea, another being they are all for good alterations for the people of the time if they were to be changed. don't assume nozdormu has become evil or that the infinite dragonflight is solely evil, it could be evil ways for a worthwhile goal.
    I agree with you which is also the reason I didnt say Nozdormu had become evil/corrupted etc. We still know too little to make a qualified statement but one thing is almost 100% clear. He is the leader of the Infinite. Hopefully we'll know more in this expansion when the War of the Ancients raid arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post

I know not to take you serious but I always figured the reason she contained malygos "heart" was in essence containing the whole aspect of magic to let her pass it on to the next in line.
    Last edited by Jindujun; 2010-12-27 at 02:54 AM.