Deleted

I know 2v2 has never been balanced but..

At the minute it's just a fucking joke. Basically 2v2 is for scrub retards playing OP classes who can't get a decent rating in 3s but then again, 3s is almost exactly the same. I'm playing Rdruid and Warr/DK is a COMPLETE FUCKING JOKE. There's NOWAY to heal that damage at all. Warriors alone are basically soloing 2v2 to 2k so add a DK to that and just RIP completely. As for Lock/mage, Ring of Frost, Poly, Fear, Seduction, Deep Freeze etc. GL healing that one.

Class > player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the CATACLYSM!
    But yeah... arena is a bit... eh... right now.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2010-12-27 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    ivh been doing really good in arena as Retri/resto sham and both couldent be considered OP atm

Learn pillar humping? Solves all problems you listed, no matter who is your partner. Warriors are not hitting hard at all if you have some resi, DKs do but we just have to wait for nerfs for frost/feral/dks, and holy palas for good measure.

And yes, you can pillar hump against warrior/dk. Have your partner intercept them in the middle... warlocks/priests fear, mages freeze, rogues sap, shamans frost shock/earthbind, hunters trap/sleep, warriors charge+piercing howl, dks chains, any class I haven't listed, except of druid but I bet you are not playing double druid?
    L2P issue here. If you survive any double dps teams initial burst you have just won arena, especially if it's double melee.
    I'm sure affli/resto shaman team can't be considered OP by any means now, and we were hardly losing any arenas last time we tried... Met a lot of lock/mage teams and we beat shit out of every single one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Psylon View Post
    ivh been doing really good in arena as Retri/resto sham and both couldent be considered OP atm
    Ret is awful, resto however is probably the best healer out there atm.

On topic:
    2v2 should be balanced to a point, 3v3 matches can and do come down to 1v1 and 2v2 all the time so it shouldn't just have a blind eye turned to it.

I think the world is in agreement that the only thing TRULY broken are mages.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrandon View Post
    I think the world is in agreement that the only thing TRULY broken are mages.
    Disagree, I would be more specific. Frost Mages and Ferals Druids are head and shoulders above everybody else atm, with DK's spamming necrotic strike up there as well in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy View Post
    On topic:
    2v2 should be balanced to a point, 3v3 matches can and do come down to 1v1 and 2v2 all the time so it shouldn't just have a blind eye turned to it.
    2v2 can't be balanced unless you homogenize the entire class and spec system into oblivion. They tried that crap in BC and it never worked out - what makes you think this is even possible?

The only way they'll get this to work out is to heavily penalize 2v2 and 3v3 as far as gear goes. Rated BGs with 10v10 or more is the only thing you can possibly balance 30 different specs at.

Your point that matches come down to 1v1 and 1v2 so therefore that should be balanced, too - is invalid - by the time you're down to that people who shouldn't have messed up already did, or else the more balanced nature of 3v3 already played itself out and if no-one made any mistakes, then it's either skill or gear or RNG or the OP comp that got you to the 1v1 or 1v2 situation. Plan ahead and make sure if the game will go to 1v1, then it's the right matchup for your team. If not you screwed up or got unlucky or got out-comp'd.

Ok, while alot of it is L2P. Some classes are just plain op. Any class with both the offensive and defensive control of mages and ferals should not also hit like mack trucks = broken. Second, they need to cap Dk's necrotic strike, its ridiculous. If you want to make it hard on healers, fine, but spamming necrotic strike basically takes you out the equation and its not like its is an interruptable cast either.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusc View Post
    At the minute it's just a fucking joke. Basically 2v2 is for scrub retards playing OP classes who can't get a decent rating in 3s but then again, 3s is almost exactly the same. I'm playing Rdruid and Warr/DK is a COMPLETE FUCKING JOKE. There's NOWAY to heal that damage at all. Warriors alone are basically soloing 2v2 to 2k so add a DK to that and just RIP completely. As for Lock/mage, Ring of Frost, Poly, Fear, Seduction, Deep Freeze etc. GL healing that one.

Class > player.
    QQ go play solitaire

Quote Originally Posted by Drusc View Post
    As for Lock/mage, Ring of Frost, Poly, Fear, Seduction, Deep Freeze etc. GL healing that one.

Class > player.
    You're playing warr/dk - rdruid?
    Avoid ring of frost, avoid poly by pole kiting or ToL, fear and seduction shares DR.
    If you're playing with a DK or warrior you should be able to put out as much pressure as your opponent mage, if not more.
    Although i agree damage is too high overall (except affli locks and retri's)