Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Asaad in Vortex Pinnacle Soloable

Just wanted to post about something I found out. 3 dps kicked the bucket at above 80% and my rogue partner lived with his own cooldowns and health regain untill 10% with me but I was able to live from 80% to 0% with entirely my own spells. ( And 2 bandaids). I'd love to see if anyone is able to do it from 100% to 0. I can only assume it is possible but after that I don't think I will ever do it again.

The damage is very managable from melee with death strike healing in tank spec and the biggest damage comes from the 50k hits of chain lightning. Go and try it out!

You ran without any healer?

15+ Year Old Account
    So... you are saying in no way, shape or form was this solo'd. You had a dps from 80-10%... what's the point of this thread again?

Quote Originally Posted by kujak View Post
    So... you are saying in no way, shape or form was this solo'd. You had a dps from 80-10%... what's the point of this thread again?
    Not that I soloed it but that it is likely possible to solo. Just giving people awareness incase they wanted to try.

You ran without any healer?
    Not quite, healer died early in the fight and we found out it is possible to solo as a dk. Even with mediocre gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Not that I soloed it but that it is likely possible to solo. Just giving people awareness incase they wanted to try.

Not quite, healer died early in the fight and we found out it is possible to solo as a dk. Even with mediocre gear.
    You know that these things lead to an early nerf?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in here on heroic where us three dps died at fifty percent and the pally tank and pally heals got him down to 4 percent. Thats when the heals went down, tank shortly after. I guess he could have used seal of light or something and survived, but man 100 percent to zero would take a lot of time. Seems possible though yes.

Deleted
    on my 85 feral drood in 346 ilvl I soloed it normal mode from 90% when helping a guild friend in a group where everyone except me died in the first aoe phase.

if you can heal as a tank well so a DK or feral drood with leader of the pack for mana regen it is possible.

EDIT: armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rpteeth/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Ahh says 3 DPS died early on in the fight tis all and then the rouge stayed till his 10% death Nice though full epic gear and most likely easily solo'd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellga View Post
    You know that these things lead to an early nerf?!
    /whistle

I suppose it could be done fairly easily by other tank classes but dks have it easier with self heals. I guess a prot paladin with all holy power to word of glory could work though. Try it out!

How funny! As an 84 prot paladin with mediocre gear I was able to do the entire fight without a healer and ending in full health. The boss has poor damage output minus his chain lightning... I thought it was just me lol

Have been soloing BRC HC up to the 2nd boss for a while now for rep,disenchant the blue and BoE world epics.
    It does take a good 45min as a prot paladin tho.The first boss is cake.Only sometimes Chain of woes is tight in term of taking it down in time.
    Glyphed word of glory ofc.
    Pew pew

this would probably be doable with a prot paladin, the only danger would be the boss running out of mana. just got out of a 20 minute encounter with this dude and thanks to the help of the other dps before they died, i was able to kill him when he had about 5% mana left. otherwise i think he would have gone oom and just meleed me the rest of the way without having a break to heal myself during the storm

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same thing, me and a guildie ( MAGE ) where in a random, and once we where at the last boss in VP, a hunter aswell as the healer and a warrior dps died, because they didnt knew to stand in the triangle.

And from there on out, i just use my 3 Holy power everytime to self heal, and when the mage almost died i used LoH on him, and we killed him from around 75 %.

And i thought it was because of the super OP Pally survival skillz we have these days.
    But if a DK can do it, it issnt that special anymoar i r teh sadfaic now. i wan b special

yes, its very possible to solo it. atleast as a pala.

i solo'ed around 30% of him, after everyone in my party died, before i just killed myself because it was taking so long.

this was on HC with ilevel 346 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kujak View Post
    I think you failed to properly read the topic, or the topic post. It clearly says Solo*ABLE*.

As for this, My entire group died and I took him from 80%->30% Solo, but they were yelling at me over vent to kill myself because they released...and ended up dieing like 3 times from running in...{/sigh @ friends being dumb} Since it was taking ages I decided to go ahead and die and come back to finish him up.

Yes though, this boss is entirely soloable, I am a Prot pally btw. I don't have as much healing abilities as you dks do, and I found no issue keeping myself topped off- Even got a few Sotr's off instead of wogs. Resistance aura helps a lot though. Stack some resists and you could probably win this as a dk as well np. Although Static Cling could give you some issues as a dk. :x Ever hit a lag spike or anything you'll end up dead. =/

Cheers!

Hijacking with another solo story:

Heroic BRC first boss. We broke the Chains of Woe a bit too late and I managed to get out of Skullcrusher because I had Earthen Vitality enchanted while the other 4 didn't make it. I told them to hurry release while I tanked him until they came back.

Self-healing as a tanking niche is imba. They can't nerf our healing anymore without reducing the damage we take and subsequently wean off our reliance on said self-healing.

IMO, Blizz made a booboo with DK tanking again.

As a lvl 84 prot pally at the time, I pretty much self healed 80% of the fight. The healer and a DPS died to the first AoE (to be fair the healer WAS inside the ring but somehow got hit anyways) which left me, a hunter, and fury warrior to finish up. I'm fairly certain i could have easily soloed the fight if it was possible to reach him alone.

Even healed the remaining DPS for lulz during the encounter.

There are a lot of heroic bosses that any tanking class can solo. Blizzard made the heroic bosses more about not standing in the fire and less about the tank getting his face raped. Some of the heroic bosses barely hit harder than a Naxx 10 or ICC 5 man boss. Low tank damage + not having to worry about some mechanics while the only person alive = soloable by any tank class.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2010-12-27 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Everything is soloable.

Ask Raegwyn