A few days ago I got hacked. It was found in minutes by a guild mate and I was alerted. The damage had been done. Password changed along with email address for the account. I submitted a ticket along with the Guild Master and one of the Officers of the guild. Later the same day Blizz restored access to the account. The next day many items restored to my toons and guilds. The day after more items were restored, but still not everything.

First I must say I am very thankful for the items Blizzard did restore and the speed they did it in considering the holiday. I would also like to say this is not a rant but a failure to understand and a search for clarity.

It sucks not all my items could be restored but where I get lost is that I have been told Guild Rep is not something they are not able to restore. I was only friendly and about halfway to being honored but yet that is quite a grind now that I only have few quests left I can turn in for rep. If my guild activity still shows for the both the week and total when I view it than why is it that Blizzard is unable to assist in getting it restored?

I have been told the process to restore items is far from easy. I can understand to an extent... There are a few thousand characters on my realm. Again I don't want to act or sound like an expert, just someone who is confused looking for answers. With said I have worked in IT for most of my life. I have owned an ISP and worked at several others. When served with a federal warrant to provide the name and address of a client who logged into my server for 15 seconds was tough to find... especially since it was 2 years prior to getting the warrant and about 1 year before I had upgraded servers and logging. It did take me a couple of days find the data as I was ordered to provide. I was far from a multi-million dollar corporation and yet I kept logs of everything for the entire time I was the owner. Yes it did cost me, but my customers were paying me to provide not only service but to safeguard their online security.

Can anyone help explain this to me? I see a growing demand for the restoration for guild rep as it gains in value and since Blizzard has tied in-game rewards to it.