Thread: No Spirit Gear?

No Spirit Gear?

So I have been frustrated leveling my priest that I can never find any gear with Spirit on it. He is almost 85 now, and it seems just about every single cloth quest reward I am offered has only Int, Stamina and Crit.

So today at work I figured I would do some research on WoWhead to find some good missing pieces....

Search:
    - Armor --> Cloth
    - Slot: Any
    - Item Level = 320+
    - Spirit > 0
    - Rewarded by quest = Yes

Results: .....ONE ITEM. (Leggings of Promise from Harrison Jones quests in Uldum)

WTF Blizzard? Anyone else notice this?

Heal instances and you get plenty of cloth gear with the right healing stats on it.

Also you can reforge the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Heal instances and you get plenty of cloth gear with the right healing stats on it.

Also you can reforge the gear.
    Reforging is really the only option .. with players needing on everything and the kitchen sink the chances of getting any loot from runs is very low unless its a guild run.

I just hope there is mail resto / ele gear from drops and stuff ... I hate enhance AP mail.

My point is this seems out of balance. I shouldn't have to reforge every item I have to get basic healing stats. As far as instances, I run several a day, but haven't been lucky on the drops. There are only 6 cloth/spirit items which drop in instances, and one of them (gloves) are random trash mob loot with a very low drop rate. I have already crafted the tailoring shoulders...

Cloth Spirit Gear ilvl 320+:

Quest rewards:
    - Legs

Drops in Instance:
    - Bracers (Grim Batol)
    - Legs (Grim Batol)
    - Belt (Lost City)
    - Feet (Halls of Orig)
    - Chest (Halls of Orig)
    - Gloves (Random Instance Drop, very low drop rate)

Tailoring:
    - Shoulders

At this rate, gearing my healer for Heroics is going to be a beyotch. I leveled my Paladin to 85 and had very little problems getting a full set of Tanking gear which was close to i333 level. But this seems like a different story.

Ur overrating spirit
    Until ur in full 346 ur gonna run oom
    Int is only one you WANT on items, spirit/mastery/crit and haste or just for show till heroic gear
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

Quote Originally Posted by Chamass View Post
    Ur overrating spirit
    Until ur in full 346 ur gonna run oom
    Int is only one you WANT on items, spirit/mastery/crit and haste or just for show till heroic gear
    Please do not listen to this person. You want spirit over any other stat when first doing heroics. Once you get up to around 2400 in-combat mana regen, things get ALOT easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Rep rewards and spirit gear, I believe your only option is Cord of the Raven Queen. Nearly all other items are hit, int, stam stuff.
    Reforge the hit off of it for spirit. It seems like, for preists, your only real options are tailoring recipies or running dungeons. And I know the drops in there are all luck based, so... good luck. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Reforging is really the only option .. with players needing on everything and the kitchen sink the chances of getting any loot from runs is very low unless its a guild run.

I just hope there is mail resto / ele gear from drops and stuff ... I hate enhance AP mail.
    You're in luck, Addiena. There's oodles. Basically if it's mail and has int, it'll have spirit on there. Several quests give items, and there's quite a few rep items you can get. (helm from wildhammer/dragonmaw, belt from Ramkahen, boots at exalted w/ earthen ring, pants from Hyjal (I think..))
    And don't forget rep rings, rep necklaces, rep cloaks... those are pretty universal for healers, and you can get 333 items+ for all those slots from rep.

I don't want to necro a post, but you can really quickly skim the little guide I made. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...05#post9806505
    That's rep pieces for anything considered "healing".
    Last edited by Katana Angel; 2010-12-27 at 05:08 PM.

Please do not listen to this person. You want spirit over any other stat when first doing heroics. Once you get up to around 2400 in-combat mana regen, things get ALOT easier.
    You fail to see the point that you will NOT get the regen without doing heroics for that gear.
    Till 346 items, focus shoulldnt be on spirit stacking, for the lack of spirit gear makes it impossible
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

10+ Year Old Account
    You fail to see the point that you will NOT get the regen without doing heroics for that gear.
    Till 346 items, focus shoulldnt be on spirit stacking, for the lack of spirit gear makes it impossible
    Negatory. I know spirit is hard to find for preists specifically (as the OP posted, its eems like everything is int + hit), but you need to keep spirit up, especially starting out. Int helps with your regen by "boosting" how much regen you get back from spirit. But there should already be plenty of int on a piece, and if there's a socket, it should typically be int + matching socket bonus color here.

Also use a spirit flask (Flask of flowing water.. I think?), or elixir (ghost elixir). Also, spirit food. And pray you have a potion maker friend that can keep you supplied with mysterious mana pots. I used them like candy on my first several heroics. (and still use one occasionally for "ohshi-" moments.)

This is very wrong. I hated doing heroics on my shaman, so I only did normals, and got all the spirit gear I needed from rep and reforging. Lots of nice 346 gear out there from rep grinding.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.1?fil...;crv=0:1#0-2+1

30 items covering most slots. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.1?fil...;crv=0:1#0-2+1

30 items covering most slots. What's the problem?
    Most of those items are from heroics. I am trying to put together a set of healing gear which will let me INTO heroics. When you subtract out the heroic gear, you are left with a few pvp pieces, 5 items you get from normal instances (which dont seem to drop for me), and only one from a quest reward.

I have collected a few of the (honored) rep items, but the rest seems to be harder to get. I'm just saying the Spirit gear seems to be unusually sparse cmpared to gear I was collecting for my dps or tanking characters.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.1?fil...2323;crv=0:1:0

The lack of spirit gear is hardly surprising. It should cover roughly 1/3rd of the cloth, since it's useless to the other 2 wearers.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    For Rep rewards and spirit gear, I believe your only option is Cord of the Raven Queen. Nearly all other items are hit, int, stam stuff.
    Reforge the hit off of it for spirit. It seems like, for preists, your only real options are tailoring recipies or running dungeons. And I know the drops in there are all luck based, so... good luck. :/

You're in luck, Addiena. There's oodles. Basically if it's mail and has int, it'll have spirit on there. Several quests give items, and there's quite a few rep items you can get. (helm from wildhammer/dragonmaw, belt from Ramkahen, boots at exalted w/ earthen ring, pants from Hyjal (I think..))
    And don't forget rep rings, rep necklaces, rep cloaks... those are pretty universal for healers, and you can get 333 items+ for all those slots from rep.

I don't want to necro a post, but you can really quickly skim the little guide I made. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...05#post9806505
    That's rep pieces for anything considered "healing".
    Thanks

Now I have some gear to aim for, resto / ele gear while leveling in wrath has been rather scarce unless I go instancing ... see wrath instances to much so i'm avoiding them.

Were we talking about heroics? The op specifically mentions quest gear...

Tailoring is your friend.

Truth has been spoken by chamass.

My Priest had 330 ilvl every single piece with spi on the second he dinged 85

one point of Spirit gives 0.00836*SQRT(Int) MP5

This is the formula regen. Int is one of the best mana regen stats. There is nothing wrong with trying to stack int while reforging for spirit.

There isn't very much in the way of tanking gear from quests either. This probably because quests, for the most part, are for leveling. You don't really need tank or healer gear to level, even as those specs. You can get some good healing gear, as mentioned, from dungeon drops as well as dungeon quests and dungeon tabard rep. A few quest chains offer nice blues that are endgame worthy but as far as quests themselves you're better off doing repeatable quests for rep to get level 85 starter pve gear.

When you can't use quest rewards it can turn out to be a blessing in disguise since that means you can select the reward which sells for the most or DE it. Most quest rewards will be quickly replaced and vendored anyways. It might even be a better investment to spend the gold on consumables that might last longer than quest greens. 90 spirit food should help you jump into dungeons to get some gear and flask is 300 more int or spirit if you want to shell out the gold.

The important thing to remember is that the spirit you would have had is replaced by other stats so you're not completely undergeared. You will be able to get by using a lot more small heals that will crit more often or cast faster due to your crit/haste replacing spirit. Bring mana pots and really focus on managing your mana efficiently (something you need to learn anyways) and you should be able to make due without heaps of spirit starting out.