Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The formula you described is what we SHOULD get, but the one I gave is what we are getting (or at least what we were getting after 4.0.1 shipped). The problem lies in that formula which leaves us 4% below the actual 40% of the tool tip, whereas the proper mechanic as you described would put us at 44% total crit damage.
    why are we getting the 2nd tick reduced to the half...? it has no sense. Also, can't see why you say if the mechanic worked as intended we would end up to 44% total crit dmg... (it just might be i don't get it, not contradicting you)

also i saw:
    which is in reality still a DPS loss since 40% of 50,000 total damage would be 20,000 total damage, but we end up with 2,000 less damage
    This is no dps loss since ignite does not do 40% of total dmg. For me it sounded like you were comparing two different habilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neosepia View Post
    why are we getting the 2nd tick reduced to the half...? it has no sense. Also, can't see why you say if the mechanic worked as intended we would end up to 44% total crit dmg... (it just might be i don't get it, not contradicting you)

also i saw:

This is no dps loss since ignite does not do 40% of total dmg. For me it sounded like you were comparing two different habilities.
    Due to a bug in how Ignite is calculated when you get consecutive crits during the duration of the original Ignite, we lose out damage compared to what we SHOULD get. Ignite is totaling up to be less than 40% of your total critical strike damage per fight, which in all relative terms is a loss in DPS since we're missing those few percentage points of potential damage.
    BfA Beta Time

edit:
    ah - pyroblast! doesnt get 5% crit bonus from glyph and 2x t11 set bonus but gm said they are taking a look at it.
    Your Statement is totally wrong, over at EJ Maje did an indeeper Test if the T11 Set Bonus is affecting Pyroblast!
    And it is working as intended ....

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...5/#post1827156

I ran a lengthy test to primarily check if 2t11 actually works on Pyroblast! on the way I also collected some more information on T3 Hot Streak, T4 HS wasn't selected, MA wasn't used and Critical Mass was on the target, P! glyph wasn't used;

l85 vs l85 dummy
    Character crit rate: 21.28%
    Scorch: 15301 casts, 4169 crits (27.247% vs. expected of 21.28 + 5 = 26.28%)
    Pyroblast!: 1363 casts, 423 crits (31.034% vs. expected of 21.28 + 5 + 5 = 31.28%)
    Pyroblast! ticks: 5487 ticks, 1689 crits (30.782% vs expected of 31.28%)
    Hot Streak procs: 1426 (34.20% proc chance, at the crit rate of 21.28 (CM isn't taken into account))

As a conclusion 2t11 does in fact work for Pyroblast! and we have one more data point for T3 HS function. I hope to rerun the test in a few days with 2t11 + Glyph of Pyroblast! and a much higher crit rate (circa 32% I hope).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbo View Post
    Your Statement is totally wrong, over at EJ Maje did an indeeper Test if the T11 Set Bonus is affecting Pyroblast!
    And it is working as intended ....
    anything about pyroblast glyph?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Okay, am I the only one who actually read the response? Slightly bothered by the fact that THAT is not how Ignite works, nor is it how Ignite has ever worked, nor is it how DoTs are designed to work. Seems the stories about the EU having worse support than the States are true.
    Well as much as I love people running up ticket times with dumb queries like this one (who actually still uses in-game GM's as reliable information?), the OP didn't really help the guy out, the GM probably doesn't speak ebonics.

I miss when Game Masters would just say that it's game mechanics and they can't discuss them with players and close your ticket so they can help people with actual problems.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

So swizzle always has right? He is to you "THE" mage-guru?

Nice. I however, strongly disagree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siaro View Post
    So swizzle always has right? He is to you "THE" mage-guru?

Nice. I however, strongly disagree.
    Sure...I guess, though I don't know what you're referring to or disagreeing with. That Ignite is dealing less damage than it's supposed to? That the GM didn't know the mechanics? I mean, it's not like I pulled a Kanye here and went all crazy while making shit up, just stating math. Feel free to disagree though, it's a free country...mostly.
    BfA Beta Time