Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    This is why the internet is no place for religious middle aged men like yourself. If you seriously expect people to cater to your pathetic needs of confirmation then you shouldn't be playing this game nor any online related game at all. I've never understood people like you, how the hell do you find the energy to assert yourself all the time? Noone gives a flying F about your morals and standards.

thanx for posting this! some ppl can be so rude

By attempting to cast the discussion in terms of politeness, the OP has completely overlooked that his help may not have been wanted and that he may actually be interfering and screwing up something while thinking he is "helping." I see it all the time. Saying "thank you" WHEN APPROPRIATE is certainly polite. What's even better is knowing when to act and when not to act. The OP doesn't know when to stay out of other people's business and wants to make this into a "courtesy" issue.

Well I'm not going there and I'm not rude nor am I an asshole for not taking the bait. Go play "passive-aggressive" somewhere else.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    how about not interfering and actually let people have 1v1's to prove who's the most skilled player out there ?

They didn't need your help? Don't worry, they'll ask for help some other time, and you won't be there to save him. Maybe the next time he'll need to wipe his ass, his mother won't be there.

Bunch of rubes. All he asked for was a "Thank you" for saving his pathetic ass, and what are you guys saying to him? "MAYBE HE WAS 1v1ING OR SOMETHING, HE NEEDED TO PROVE TO HIMSELF THAT HE WAS A MAN AND YOU RUINED IT!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Some of the people on this thread never cease to amaze me.

Not giving a "Thank You" because the person feels entitled to get it? Go tell your girlfriend she didn't get a Christmas present because she feels entitled to it.

Some things have nothing to do with entitlement, they are just the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceara View Post
    Some of the people on this thread never cease to amaze me.

Not giving a "Thank You" because the person feels entitled to get it? Go tell your girlfriend she didn't get a Christmas present because she feels entitled to it.

Some things have nothing to do with entitlement, they are just the right thing to do.
    Except that your girlfriend IS entitled to a present from you. It's in the unwritten rulebook of legal prostitution, ie. relationships.

10+ Year Old Account
    As some people have said, I don't believe the thread is about saving people from attacking horde/alliance then expecting thanks. It's about people not saying thanks when you obviously go out of your way to try and help them - for example I was on my druid, and I saw a hunter fighting the high shaman (in twilight highlands) he was fine, until I saw him go down and I thought he had feigned to get away from the mob that way killing him. I immediately jumped in and grabbed the mob and waited for him to get back up.

Apparently he was really dead though, and all I got was abuse for my time, saying that I stole his mob.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    So everyone who disagrees with someone's opinion is automatically an asshole?
    No but the rude people in the way they are speaking to the OP are assholes.

On topic, I have played on a pvp server for 5 1/2 years now but started on a normal server. Because of my pvp-server frame of mind, I always help out my fellow Horde whenever I see they are in need of it. I don't expect thanks because I do it because I feel what I'm doing is right as I'd hope someone else would do the same for me (laws of karma). The majority of the time I get a "thanks" or "ty" and I tell them they're welcome. Some of the times I get "we were just dueling" and appologize and move on. Then every so often I get the asshole saying "wtf d**khead I didn't need your f***ing help go kill yourself" or something along those lines. Usually those people I reply back how next time I see them fighting someone I'll mind control the Ally and bubble & renew and/or dispell them to help the Ally kill him.

To me, if you don't need help then POLITELY tell the person you didn't need help but thank them for trying. Like "thanks for helping but I really didn't need it" or something like that. You don't look like a douchebag and convey your point of not wanting help to them.

I never really get involved during 1 vs 1 combat as its their kill and frankly I can see why someone would get annoyed when someone does as its your kill.

What I've noticed is that, say I'm farming on my druid I'll pop down, buff a player and heal them and that usually gets a big thanks for some reason. Mainly its less of an insult but not sure. I've never really done that and had someone run off or say nothing and I've made friends that way. I guess its just seeing someone run/ fly up and steal your kill you had. You'd heal after a 1 vs 1 match so getting healed isn't offending anyway.

Just an observation however.

I'm not quite sure I agree... I play a lot of team based competitive games like League of Legends and HoN and I don't really thank people for doing what is expected of them. I mean... you chose a side... then you chose to be a part of it and help an ally... why should I thank you for doing that? That's my two cents... I'm not saying I don't thank people in the situation... I just don't think that it's to be expected.

Deleted
    A person that isnt polite IRL, its not going to be polite in a game, so we should begin by educating people IRL first, cause the same problem happens, with a growing accent in the last decade or so.

Deleted
    This might have entirely gone off topic as I only read the first page, but as the underdog faction I always appreciate the help, and I always say thank you.

Just showing my love and support for the OP's attitude, and why shouldn't you be thanked quite frankly. The people telling you that you're wanting to 'feel special' are imbeciles.

Why would you expect someone to thank you when they really didn't want or need help? If someone genuinely appreciates your help, they will no doubt thank you. Sometimes when they don't it's possible that you've disappeared before they could catch your name(happens to me from time to time). However, a lot of people are very independent and simply don't want people to help them. Other times by "helping", you're actually doing more harm than good. I hate when people "help" me kill mobs. All they're doing is causing me to get less XP than I would have if they'd just leave me alone. It might irk you that you aren't getting thank yous, but trust me, the people you "helped" are no doubt just as upset about being assisted.

Bottom line, if you help someone and they thank you, then you've helped someone who appreciates your help. If you don't get one, then chances are all you've done was get in the way of letting the person enjoy playing the game they way they want to play it. You can't expect everyone to thank you, because not everyone appreciates the "help".

people are so easily offended nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boone900 View Post
    Why would you expect someone to thank you when they really didn't want or need help?
    How can you judge that though? If it appears as though a member of your faction is dying, the natural thing to do is to help. Or even for me, a member of the opposite faction. A quick /ty costs nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    How can you judge that though? If it appears as though a member of your faction is dying, the natural thing to do is to help. Or even for me, a member of the opposite faction. A quick /ty costs nothing.
    Not saying you can judge it. Just saying don't take it to heart if you don't get a thank you. If you are simply helping to be nice, then doing the deed should be your gratification. If you get a thank you, great. If not, just shrug it off and go about your business.

Pfft, when other noobs come to help me kill a mob or another player 1v1 I get pissed.

You know why? Because you're ruining my fun. Everything is so easy that when I finally get something semi-challenging and you care bear over and make it easy again you just killed all the fun.

So no, no thanks.

I always say thank you after a random to the tank and the healers. Iunno about DPS, maybe I should start that?
    Bag Overflow : For all those pack rat moments!