Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Miss Pan's Handbook (A Beginner's Guide)

This is my very own 30 page guide to (almost) everything a newer player would need to know about the game. It is designed to be read as they level, meaning that they only really learn about things that are relevant to what they need... so I won't be telling level 17 people about dual spec ^^
    This has been my project over the past week since it's been my Christmas break (and it's been a lot more interesting than revising for mock examinations!)

Short link: http://j.mp/fpAiM2
    Long link: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pi...YmE5Njk4&hl=en

Download link and if I break google documents: http://mediafire.com/?6ih76u360indh1w

(The long link is for people who don't trust link shortening websites and believe that I'd be (for some reason?) posting a malicious site or whatever? I don't know)

Also, can't post links (yet), so my apologies!
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-01-05 at 07:18 PM. Reason: fixed links

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting format, but on the first view an awesome guide!
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    Great guide!

Just one little thing - you can buy flight master's license at level 60, not 80

I think I saw a few more little things but I forgot about them already :$ Will update this post if I find more. Very nice work!

Deleted
    A great guide for beginning players.
    Good job.

It may be very helpfull for new players 10/10

Good job! I had started working on something similar but yours is just so much better with the fancy layout, the screenshots and all.

Deleted
    Looks great! Isn't it spelled "leveling"?

10+ Year Old Account
    10/10 Tho there is one thing bugging me, you no longer need a 55+ on your account, i got all below 40 beside my DK who's 85 :s

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    You destroyed google docs, great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren gets only on level 20 kudo's when they do a great job, but all tauren do gets Kodo's when they are level 20

Deleted
    Meh not really a lvling guide more of what you get at each level not overly impressed by it but its not bad to explain the fetaures of the game and what levels you get them at

rofl Gilneas is not horde and does not give trikes

This print-made guide probably has a massive advantage for the most casual of the players. In other words, the ones that actually need and probably would like a guide like this.

It's very well written, apart from some minor typos, and has great consistency and structure. But occasionally the layout interferes with the clarity of things. Excellent use of pictures!

Hints for improvement:
    - The Intro chapter never really defines "grinding", which probably used in a non-conventional way for a newbie
    - Try not to use "..." at all. Sure, there are times when it fits, but the text seems more complete and is more enjoyable to read with less open ending.

All in all it's a really good guide and with some iteration and corrections it will be a spectacular one. =)
    Now if only we could have a non-print version of it for the forums. ;P
    bragging about sex is just like bragging about world first kills, people won't believe you until you release a video
    - Bibi

good lies are like good pants, you know they'll support you when you're busy spreading shit
    - Bibi

Only thing I should edit is the use of WoWpedia.org as a kind of Wikipedia for WoW, not WoWwiki.org. It's more up to date than WoWwiki and basically otherwise has the same content.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just posting to say that even having played the game for 6 years myself... I really enjoyed your guide. Well done.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Should be a must-read for all new players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
    Looks great! Isn't it spelled "leveling"?
    I believe "leveling" is the American way to spell it, and "levelling" is the UK (or rather, non-US) way to spell it.

You only have to be 60 to purchase a Flight Master's License.

Bilgewater Cartel is the rep that gives Goblin Trikes, not Gilneas.

Could use a glossary to explain terms like "grinding", "mob" and what "instance" actually means. To a new player who doesn't understand the concept of instanced content, those would be "dungeons" to them.

Decent guide ... you mention downloading it but never provide a link?

Deleted
    Amazing guide, should've been winner! Going to link on EU forums if it isnt there already for a sticky!

EDIT: here it is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1415209247

A couple mistakes i saw reguarding flying mounts: you can buy ANY riding skill at the capital city flight master (orgr/sw) or at the old stables inside the city. Also flight master's license is purchasable at lvl 60 at any riding trainer, NOT at 80.
    Last edited by mmoc7e31dcdb97; 2011-01-05 at 04:04 PM.

Nice job, looks like that took a lot of effort.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of spelling mistakes in it. And it just looks like a bunch of textboxes thrown about. The information is nice, the presentation of it just needs improvement.