Deleted

Halfus- Whelps,Slate and Bronze how to?

Hello guys, so the past week my guild got Nether-scion Stormrider and Slate. It was really hard and we just couldnt do it. This week we have Whelps, slate and bronze drake.

What i would like to know is: What is the best way to deal with this combo? i know it isnt as hard as other combos but still we wiped because of slate dragon, something like that. We were trying to kill the slate 1st and had the tanks switch because of the stacks but then the Proto-behemoth does lots of dmg from the fireballs and the breaths so we didnt get far on those attempts. We are going give it another try but i think something is missing.

Plz help :[

When I had nether scion, slate dragon, and the whelps last week, I (paladin tank) tanked the whelps and the scion at the same time, time warp at the start, aoe the whelps right away. Other tank (warrior) only tanked halfus, we left the slate dragon alone (never freed him). As soon as the whelps were dead we did a tank swap, then whenever our healing debuff stacks fell off we would tank swap. Killing the slate dragon doesn't get rid of halfus' healing debuff, so we saw no point in wasting time killing a drake who wouldn't increase our dps on the boss.

The only real difference I can see in having the bronze drake instead of nether scion is you'll be able to dodge fireballs during the barrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had the slate, scion and whelps this week, on a pug from trade (my guild isnt raiding yet til next week).
    We did a bunch of attempts on burning down either slate or scion first, but was just too much damage.
    After around 6 or 7 wipes, we released the whelps first, and the raid damage went down considerably, we still wiped due to tanks taking too much damage, so after 2 more tries like that, we decided to bring out whelps AND scion (so he loses his 100% haste buff), we AoEd the whelps as fast as we could to reduce damage on tank, then lusted to kill the scion, after all adds were dead, the fight was much easier on healers and tanks, most of raid wasnt taking big hits either until 50%, where he starts doing his aoe. But even then, we had 0 deaths, and seemed to be more controled under 20%, when healers just had poped their mana cooldowns again and had a safe mana pool.

Yes, we didnt release the slate on our kill.

Whelps reduced damage done by boss and behemot by 50%.
    Scion reduced the boss attack speed by half so he wouldnt stack mortal strike so fast.

PS: For some reason i cannot see where the fireballs will land, got particle density on ultra and no use.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2010-12-27 at 09:21 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

We had this setup (Slate, Bronze and whelps) in 25 ppl this week, it's said to be the easiest one. We had 3 tanks (2 warriors and a pally), and we released both Bronze dragon AND whelps at the beginning of the fight. We nuked the Bronze, then we AoE'd whelps. After finishing the whelps we released the last dragon, Slate, ignored him and DPSed the boss down. Our tanks constantly switched due to -heal debuff. The most difficult part for us was to keep our tanks alive while Halfus is stunning the whole raid. We used Hands of Sacrifice on tanks to reduce the damage on them and Hands of Protection on healers (stun is physical). It's better to save Bloodlust/Heroism till the last phase (when boss is below 30%).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Release the whelps and Time Warden first. Kill the whelps quickly while being mindful of the fireballs on the ground and alternate taunts on Halfus when the ms debuff gets too high. With those 2 up, raid damage is pretty much non existent, allowing all of your healers to focus on tanks. Once the whelps die, release slate and kill the warden than if you have time, slate as well. MS should hopefully have time to drop off during the times Halfus is stunned, but it depends on avoidance of course.