Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Villios-Volatile Earth,Water,Fire,Air and Life Farming Guide

Hello my fellow WoW junkies, I am Villio and I have made a guide to ease the pain of Volatile farming! I will make it easyer to farm Volatiles then slaping a Slap Chop! I myself hate farming for hours just for a few Volatiles and smashing my head on my keyboard so Hopefully this guide helps everyone please enjoy.

1.Volatile Fire
    I tried grinding these things off of Fire elementals but why would you kill stuff for a CHANCE of drops when there is a way to get 100% Drop rate of Fires well im about to tell you guys the magic spot where you too can farm them at rapid rates with 100% drop chance! All you need is a fishing pole! Yes, A fishing pole, Once you have obtained one you must go to hyjal and fly to the Sulfron Spire, search in the lava for "Fire pools" and fish them, you average 4-6 volatiles every pool and there is atleast 3-6 pools always up just fly around and you will find them, I usually get 20 volatiles every 10mins. Here is a link to one of my images to shwo you guys the spot to fly around.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...l_terrain1.jpg

2.Volatile Air
    I found the best place for these bad boys are in Uldum, fly too Orsis and start killing the Scion of Al'Akir there is alot there and thay have a very rapid spawn rate, thay drop a average from 1-2 Volatiles, if you farm for a hour you should be able to get 20-30 airs in no time, here is a link below to the spot to go to to farm them.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...OLATILEAIR.jpg

3.Volatile Water
    I found the best place to farm these are outside of the Dragonmaw Port in Twilight highlands, you kill the Muddied Water Elemental's there is a large quantity of them and the respawn rates are rapid thay drop 1-2 Volatiles with a pretty decent drop rate again same with the airs in a hour you should average 20-30 in a hour of not more. Here is Aimage below to show the spot of the mobs.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...atilewater.png

4.Volatile Earth
    The best place for these is also in Twilight Highlands, killing the Obsidian Stoneslave's thay drop 1-2 Volatiles with about a 25% drop chance I was seeing from my hours of farming which isn't bad at all, you find these elementals just west of Thundermar, You should average 25-35 a hour here is a link below to show you the exact spot for farming these.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...ATILEEARTH.png

5.Volatile Life
    Well for these I would have to say roll a herbalist since blizzard made the Stone Trogg Fungalmancer's not drop them anymore I would say leveling a herbalist and going from there is your best bet I have tried farming everything possible for lifes havent gotten none if any so roll a herbalist! You will be happy with the results! Sorry I couldnt help much with the life part.

Well that's it for the guide I hope I have helped alot of you with your volatile farming and wish you all luck on your journeys.

Thumbs up Volatile Farming Test

I checked out your guide and decided to give it a test of my own. I checked the prices for each volatile and the rate of drop you listed and decided that the Volatile Fire option was most suited for me. In just under an hour I netted 74 Volatile Fires. The problem I came across are two key problems with all forms of farming - competition and spawn rates. Testing took place between 2-3 A.M. so competition was minimal which gave me a good base for testing. I also fished in the lava while waiting for pools to spawn.

74x Volatile Fire = ~15g per on my server
    8x Melted Cleaver = 5g 57s 97c

55 minutes worth of farming yielded a grand total of - 1154g 63s

and I dare say the best farming with gold per hour that I have tested yet. Great guide sir! (or ma'am.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man, I worked hard on it im happy someone used it and appriciates it

Its hard to read this guide without cringing alot you have left out many details and overlooked things that should be blatantly obvious to anyone who tries to use your guide.

Volatile Fire
    For starters for Volatile fire you have mentioned fishing? A secondary skill most people won't bother leveling. You also failed to mention that you can obtain volatile fire from mining and skinning, You also failed to give an alternative place for farming the fires.(Twilight Highlands http://www.wowhead.com/npc=48016 ) There are other enslaved fire mobs to the north west next to a quest mob they have a higher drop rate but a frustratingly low spawn rate for a proper farmer.

As far as Volatile Air goes your mob location is correct. However u failed to mention that engineers get the electric static condensor " http://www.wowhead.com/item=67494 " and can mine, skin and herb for airs. You also get Volatile Earth and Water from mining and skinning as well.

You also failed to mention the alchemy potion of treasure finding which causes mobs in Cataclysm to drop a tiny treasure chest that always has gold and sometimes has cloth and volatiles.

I'd also like to add that you stray away from farming the enslaved elementals in twighlight as they are bugged and if you misclick you probably wont be able to loot them.

Why did I take particular interest in this guide? I sell the Vial of Sands on my realm and I need to gather the mats myself and have been farming for the volatiles a lot. I didn't want to be a dick but I found your guide lacking and incomplete.

Wow, talk about petty. First off, Villio didn't even have to post anything to help us know where to farm. The fact that he did means he gave a crap enough to help other players out, why nitpik about what he left out? All you had to do was add your own helpful thread as an addition to his, not give him a bunch of grief about what he 'failed to mention'. He took time out of his gaming to post some very useful information and he was never required to 'mention' anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraz View Post
    Wow, talk about petty. First off, Villio didn't even have to post anything to help us know where to farm. The fact that he did means he gave a crap enough to help other players out, why nitpik about what he left out? All you had to do was add your own helpful thread as an addition to his, not give him a bunch of grief about what he 'failed to mention'. He took time out of his gaming to post some very useful information and he was never required to 'mention' anything at all.
    Anyone could have found more accurate and helpful information if they had simply done a wowhead search. And the very idea that this guide took any effort or time at all is laughable.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not like he won anything. So what does it matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone sounds awfully hurt.

wow.... just wow.... I will use this info for farming all the things I need and thank you. But my WOW goes out to Pyro because you have actually won, but the prize is shame. you won the award for being the biggest prick I have ever seen post in a forum when the topic covered helpful "tips"

so without further ado here you go pyro your pile of poo award.

P.S. Thank you for the guild btw Villio
    Some ppl say I look just like Chuck Norris but they keep vanishing after they tell me.... I wonder where they all have went???????

Well hello Chuck, what brings you he(*AHHHHHHHHHHHHOMFGWTFBBQ)................................................

Deleted
    Pyroghozt, how about you write a Volatile guide then in full, with no possibility of nitpicking or being simply pedantic and post it on MMO? We'll all have fun checking for any minor details left out or spelling mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Villio View Post
    Thanks man, I worked hard on it im happy someone used it and appriciates it
    Hey, man, great guide!

Question: Did Blizz hotfix the Volatile Earths? I farmed those Elementals for about 30 minutes and didn't get a single Earth.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

If you feel I am being unfair in my assessment, I welcome you to go to the uncommon section and nitpick and tare apart the flaws in my guide. I would welcome any constructive criticism. I'm sure I've made mistakes that would help you feel vindicated.

Not to be .. tooo much of an ass but.. at the number 2 poster.. You do know you can fish in pools with a skill level of ONE, thats right, ONE of 525, and get 100% fish with no trash? .. I forget which patch this was implemented in, but thats right, any POOL fishing ignores skill.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 06:46 PM ----------

Eep, I guess I cant edit my own thread -- I meant to mention that the fire fishing mentioned in the guide are considered pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Hey, man, great guide!

Question: Did Blizz hotfix the Volatile Earths? I farmed those Elementals for about 30 minutes and didn't get a single Earth.
    Okay, so I jumped over(into?) Deepholm and found that mining the Gyroworms gave the best drop rate for Volatile Earths. Not sure if you want to add that into your guide...
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGhozt View Post
    If you feel I am being unfair in my assessment, I welcome you to go to the uncommon section and nitpick and tare apart the flaws in my guide. I would welcome any constructive criticism. I'm sure I've made mistakes that would help you feel vindicated.
    Butthurt much : )

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxo View Post
    Butthurt much : )
    Not really.

I believe you meant "tear" (to pull apart or in pieces by force, esp. so as to leave ragged or irregular edges.)
    rather than "tare " (the weight of the wrapping, receptacle, or conveyance containing goods). while your invitation is somewhat enticing, I have the desired information from the OP. So im outta here to go farm some airs.

Anyone could have found more accurate and helpful information if they had simply done a wowhead search. And the very idea that this guide took any effort or time at all is laughable.
    Your post criticizing his guide was said in a way that was more dick than helpful. Sure you can criticize someone's work and not say a good thing about it, but there's a way to say it where it is entirely helpful and not meant to be mean or you can be a tool about it. I don't think life has to be rainbow and butterflies but there's really no reason to be a tool about a simple guide. You could've simply said "Hey, I've got some extra information you may not know that you can add to your guide" instead of coming off as a dick and saying he's an idiot. If you're really that annoyed that he didn't write a guide as well as you could, you have some problems.

Deleted
    this guide is crap, volatile fire place is horrible respawn rate, the volatile water place is even worse, what's the drop rate on those water elementals? 0.01%? i killed 40 of them and not even ONE volatile water.

1. You can fish fire at a 100% drop rate even with a fishing skill of 1.
    2. Set your hearth to your home city. Use the portals from Dragonmaw to your home city after fishing out TH then enter the portal from there to get to Hyjal. When you fish out Hyjal, hearth back to your home city and take the port to TH. Repeat this process and you can get a huge stack of fire's in no time as the time it takes to fish out one spot is almost equal to the time it takes the fires to respawn.
    3. This is THE best way to get fire. You can get it many other ways but this is the best way and the only way to get a lot of it. There is not a better alternative. 15-20 minutes of this method should net you 30-50 fires.