Holy Paladins: Is Holy Radiance useful to you?

I'm curious as I just got it on my pally.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooh yeesss!!! It's a godsend, without it we'd be screwed so royally it's not funny.

Not on 1 or 2 targets, but it really shines at 5 or more regardless of the DR on it
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

It's killer in 10m raids. 25m not as much, but even still it adds up to about a holy light cast on everyone. Remember it scales with haste: each 5% haste it gains an additional tick for the 10s duration.

10% haste = 12 ticks
    20% haste = 14 ticks
    etc...

I haven't done any raids yet, but when your entire party is getting hit hard below 50% on all. It does wonders.

I've been in some situations where without it the party would have wiped (running a lot of random pugs :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Audemed View Post
    It's killer in 10m raids. 25m not as much, but even still it adds up to about a holy light cast on everyone. Remember it scales with haste: each 5% haste it gains an additional tick for the 10s duration.

10% haste = 12 ticks
    20% haste = 14 ticks
    etc...
    It's a godsend in 25man's. The aoe damage you experience in 10's is just as bad if not worse in 25's. On quite a few fights our holy radiance is in our top 3 healing done spells. Just be glad we aren't like resto druids who put circles on the ground based on the position of who they swiftmend.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Also +60% movement for 4 sec every 30 sec comes in handy... When running around I use it on cd like a sprint.

It's great. It lets you Freedom > Holy Radiance and escape to let you top yourself off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it frequently as ret and prot when the group, especially melee, is taking alot of damage / if I have a healer having mana issues / someone stood in something bad.
    It sometimes makes the difference from moving on in an instance to a wipe. I find it especially useful on fights like General Husam so I can help mitigate some party damage and help my healer out.

In 10m and 25m it's an incredibly efficient spell for the healing it provides when there is mass AOE going out. I use it all the time and it ends up being a huge portion of my effective heals.

It's also incredibly useful as Ret; I use it almost on CD when damage is high to help the healers.

Its not very good at base, in heroics its barely worth using unless you can abuse the haste mechanic with buff stacking

Personally I only use it in 5 mans with either my haste proc trinket, Divine Illumination or Bloodlust (and a smart group that knows how to read "GROUP ON HEALER DURING AOE")

For raids depending on the fight it can be amazing, any of the fights where you have the raid split into a few groups its amazing and again if you abuse the haste mechanics you can solo heal a group's AoE which is pretty huge
    So just keep in mind that it scales very well with Divine Illumination and Bloodlust, fight that springs to mind most is 1st boss SFK, bloodlust goes down for archangel form, pop wings + DI and go afk while the DPS take care of it, very nice there

As Ret/Prot it can be useful in similar times, you pop it in Bloodlust it'll probably equal unbuffed Holy healing

(If you really want a laugh go to Org/SW AH, proc a haste trinket, get a BL on you, pop DI and watch as you probably DC from numbers)

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerentz View Post
    It's great. It lets you Freedom > Holy Radiance and escape to let you top yourself off.
    That is what I use it for almost all the time, it's amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it one of my OSHI- buttons, along with Wings and Divine Purpose. If shit really hits the fan, I could pop my Guardian for more heals. I've seen tanks pop it sometimes when they have melee in their range for a bit more heals.
    I like to change my sig A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindaika View Post
    If Goblins were from Jersey, they wouldn't live in Orgimmar. They'd live in Crossroads and commute to Org via bridges and tunnels, and then complain about the Kodo traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    ... Why trolls? Because we regenerate 2 health per second and there is nothing you can do about it.

I enjoy it in PVP because it's our only sprint. It doesn't have a lot of use in pvp outside of that because it's rare for you to get a bunch of people around close enough to really make it effective. It's nice when you get those big swarms around a flag or something just to get some extra heals out there that can't be interrupted. The real issue is that it takes a big chunk of mana so you don't want to be using it at every cooldown. It's definitely saved my ass a few times flag carrying. Speed of Light + Freedom + HOJ can really put some distance between you and your enemies.

With my limited PvE I've really only used it in heroics and it's just one of those 'oh shit' kind of things for both positioning and AOE damage.

This should only take one word to prove, namely: Nefarian