Deleted

Combat in PvP, what are your thoughts?

Heya, as the title states I am wondering of your thoughts on combat pvp. Would it be viable compared to sub and muti? I checked through some of the combat talents and some of them are actually really handy for pvp, especially the daze in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Realtaste View Post
    Heya, as the title states I am wondering of your thoughts on combat pvp. Would it be viable compared to sub and muti? I checked through some of the combat talents and some of them are actually really handy for pvp, especially the daze in my opinion. What are your thoughts?
    I've given combat a somewhat 'fair-go' I have played it in BG's and Arena, it's simply not viable, there is not enough burst as such, (except KS/FoK Spam) but besides that burst, it really only does 30-50k damage depending on resil, which isn't really anything to be excited over.

The damage is usually pretty consistant, however just far too low to be 'equal to Mute or Sub.'

In my opinion as the Xpac progresses, combat very well may get up there with Mut. and Sub. but we will have to wait an see, for now I suggest just keeping it as a fun spec , I currently use my combat as a BG spec for lols.

Combat is just not viable in pvp at the moment. It lost a lot of damage and doesn't have prep or shadowstep. The decreased cooldowns on sprint etc are were an interesting concept but combat would need a lot of tweaking to be viable once more.

Combat damage blows now, KS hardly even hits for what it did at 80 when my weapon is +200 dps now. Combat has no way to deal with armor. The sprint is nice at 1 min, RB won't help much since most of your finishers will be SnD, Recup, Kidney which won't trigger RB. Still not enough maneuverability to stay on the target enough imo, and unless you can stack up BG all the way on a clothie, your damage is laughable even if you can stick on them.

Try sub, you get more maneuverability, more survivability, shadow dance is now more burst than killing spree so it wins there too.