Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Berserk was a necessary addition, taking it out now...again, because of PvP (does balancing anything for PvE content matter?)...doesn't fix the problems it was added to address (most of them related to tanking). The one fear-break/resist druids get is on a 3 minute c/d...a 3 minute c/d isn't enough? It's not like feral can silence (skull bash is an interrupt with...like most other interrupts...a school-specific lock-out), or spell-reflect, or somehow magically parry/dodge/absorb all incoming damage like some classes can. All feral gets is a big health-pool, lots of armor, and a high dodge rate. Despite the crying (most likely from the mage community--very ironic), the only thing that balances feral back into a competitive position with other DPS/tank classes is mobility and character control.

If bleed dmg is "too high," and needs to be reduced...why does that loss of damage need to be "balanced" by replacing it with instant/melee dmg?

It should also be remembered that not all ferals are cats. There are a lot of points for DPS that you don't pick up if you're serious about bear form and tanking. If anything, split the berserk ability the same way other abilities (like feral charge) are: it works one way in cat form (some sort of DPS boost) and another in bear form (fear break/immune). That would be a more comprehensive answer than the usual, "well, screw you guys, the stuff you need for PvE needs to be torn up for PvP...again."

Your Pal,
    Jubber
    AKA ROFeraL
    AKA "The Gun"

Because people don't have any resil yet means it has to be nerfed.....riiiiight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockos View Post
    Gee thanks blizz. Our bleeds hit hard because NOTHING ELSE DOES.

are you sure something else from your skills doesn't hit hard?
    because i few hours ago i took a ferocius bite for 37k dmg
    i think that this is pretty hard.
    One ability, one. I would of reported you for trolling, but I'm suspecting you are that dumb.

The thing that really bugs me about the bleed nerf is that it will ruin our scaling in the patches to come. As long as our mastery remains unchangend bleeds will get stronger again with every equipment tier and someone will cry for a nerf again. It will be the armor penetration situation all over again where it sucks for fresh 85s and will become superior (except for agility) with high raid equip.

Deleted
    I just hope these nerfs don't leave us being lol'd at in PvP. Obviously we need nerfing I just hope it isn't taken to far. If it is that will be both my main characters ruined for me personaly.

15+ Year Old Account
    i saw this one comming :P

and in the end we go back to WotLK kitty whit high shred and fb hits :P

i am not unhappy about it but those 20k bleed ticks where fun :P

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    I love this post, says a lot about the people that use these forums. You know why you avoid hit and expertise? Because you get energy back if you miss and you dont lose CPs if you miss. The nerfs are going to be increased base shred damage and nerf to rip and rake (maybe) but there really is no way hit and exp are ever going to outstrip agi and mastery. I hope I've quelled your fears now you can go back to avoiding Hit Rating to the best of your ability...
    in the end the fact that > 50% of our daamge (the bleeds) could not miss and that our autoattacks where only like 18% of our damage that does get completely lost on a miss

so if blizzard rebalanced and makes bleed efeects like 40% of our damage and auto attack 25% then hit & exp wil go up in value, probely still not our best stats but they will go up
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2010-12-28 at 08:15 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Or they could make resilience affect bleed dmg in a meaningful way. SOLVED.

Seriously, stop messing with PvE because PvP is a little OP with bleed dmg. You already have a qualifying stat that pve mobs won't have, resilience. Change resilience and how bleed dmg affects it, and viola! No need for pve nerf indirectly because some pvp cool kid is whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    One ability, one. I would of reported you for trolling, but I'm suspecting you are that dumb.
    why i am trolling?
    i got a 37k crit from a feral druid this ammount from dmg is not possible for most of the other classes except warriors not even in criters not in players.
    what do you mean one ability one? maybe i have to feel sorry that only one of his abilities took 1/3 of my life in a single hit?
    get serius feral druids need nerfs both in their dmg and in their mobility.
    not that the other classes are ok warriors dmg i crazy to and also frost mages need a nerfbat ( my main is mage and i play frost pvp)
    i don't think the bleed nerf will be enough to bring ferals in line with the rest classes.
    they will need more nerfs and propably they will be on their mobility cause they can stay even on frost mages for 90% of the time.

i hope pve will not be affected from this because it has happened on classes i was playing and it sucked badly but at pvp ferals need serius nerfs.

and even i am sure i will be flamed for that maybe it is time for blizzard to consider a cd in shapeshifting here i said it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clarence034 View Post
    Berserk was a necessary addition, taking it out now...again, because of PvP (does balancing anything for PvE content matter?)...doesn't fix the problems it was added to address (most of them related to tanking). The one fear-break/resist druids get is on a 3 minute c/d...a 3 minute c/d isn't enough? It's not like feral can silence (skull bash is an interrupt with...like most other interrupts...a school-specific lock-out), or spell-reflect, or somehow magically parry/dodge/absorb all incoming damage like some classes can. All feral gets is a big health-pool, lots of armor, and a high dodge rate. Despite the crying (most likely from the mage community--very ironic), the only thing that balances feral back into a competitive position with other DPS/tank classes is mobility and character control.
    i got to say there are certain fights where that fear imunity does help a lot. like ONY and 3rd trash boss before hallion. i will defetnyl miss it :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The only thing I would wish for right now is that us Ferals had not become better Rogues.

I mean, I simply despised Feral PvP in Wrath and Cataclysm is not different in that regard.

I would gladly take an improved Feral PvP model from TBC, having more support, mobility and being hard to kill rather than a damage powerhouse. I would be fine with a damage nerf alone, but they should not take away our Fear breaker (only Ferals get it, not Resto nor Balance) or our mobility (breaking polymorph is the actual perk to the class).

Ferals should have a higher ceiling when it comes to skill. Just going out there and be the old Rogue is just bad. More utility with good damage is enough, being more of a party player is outstanding. Better survivability, nice tools and lower damage would make the spec very powerful still, but not when used by FOTM scrubs.

It is highly doubtable if Blizzard is going to get these changes right. I think not. They have never really got it right when it came down to fine tuning our damage and this change definitely makes our mastery less desirable than before. PvE is going to take another hit because of PvP, for the 100000th time.

I honestly believe their problem is a matter of perception, it is how Ferals are played right now rather than the strength of our abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Or they could make resilience affect bleed dmg in a meaningful way. SOLVED.
    Not regarding this nerf per say, but adjusting resilience to avoid affecting PvE performance is something they seriously should think about. For example, they are about to remove drain mana from locks. Make resi counter it, and you can keep the spell. (For the very few times it's needed for PvE, but still.)

Regarding the feral nerfs, ye sure, bleeds are over the top at the moment. As long as they will keep other abilities in line, maybe even add something to savage roar to buff the overall physical dps when nerfing bleeds. Otherwise I think it will be a too big hit on the kitty PvE dps.

They are going to nerf bleed ( 'passive' ) dmg, and buff white/mangle/shred dmg, if they dont mess up with the number, dps overall should stay the same, stop with the non sense QQ.
    Last edited by Rhodianni; 2010-12-28 at 09:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    blizzard was constantly adding new effects to resilence, now they finely chanced in an all in one simpel dmg reduction. i dont expect them to go down the path of making it complicated again
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    They are going to nerf bleed ( 'passive' ) dmg, and buff white/mangle/shred dmg, if they dont mess up, dpswise will be the same, stop with the non sense QQ.
    No. That is what they said they would be doing, which is something different.

Is Savage Roar going to affect our yellow hits again?
    Is our Mastery becoming less desirable?
    By nerfing our bleeds, are we going to be very bursty like in the beginning of Wrath and people will start complaining once again?
    What about those people who invested some time raiding and got gear forsaking Hit/Expertise? I know, they must adapt, but their views on this issue are still very valid. QQ or not.
    Are we going back to being destroyed by Warlocks and, most likely, Shadow Priests now?
    I guess all Ferals know that the removal of FAP was not really very polished. If our yellow hits are becoming more powerful, is that something worth considering?
    What about Feral playstyle? Currently, it is easy to do. You get Bleeds and Mangle up, then you do damage here and there, whilst Ferals are probably the one of the worst melee characters defensively. Can these changes alone hurt Ferals rather than fixing them?

I think those are all very valid concerns and people debate over them. Saying it is simple and people should not "QQ about it" is not really nice. Especially if you have not played a Druid for years like some people here have and know that Blizzard has a very long history of missing the point entirely with Ferals. We do not know what it is like to be a balanced spec. We are either too strong or next to worthless.

Gee thanks blizz. Our bleeds hit hard because NOTHING ELSE DOES.

are you sure something else from your skills doesn't hit hard?
    because i few hours ago i took a ferocius bite for 37k dmg
    i think that this is pretty hard.
    be happy your not the poor warlock i crit a 51k ferocious bite on in twin peaks the other day

i'd be pretty content if they nerfed bleeds but put back the yellow dmg bonus on Savage Roar. however i do not think bleeds need a nerf. sure,they may tick pretty hard in pvp,but thats because they are our main source of damage (about 50%) i dont like the idea of just nerfing bleeds and buffing shred/mangle/melee dmg.all it takes to beat a feral these days is some smart cc and kiting. with resil you notice a huge difference in the dmg of bleeds. i know a shadowpriest who i beat in duels every single time,and he is the best pvp spriest i know. i beat him from the end of wotlk right up until last week when he finished off his pvp set. he can easily beat me with some good CC/kiting,and he can live through the bleed damage pretty easily. there was no more LOL BLEED LOL RUN AWAY /stealth.
    Last edited by billybob10110; 2010-12-28 at 09:20 AM.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Because people don't have any resil yet means it has to be nerfed.....riiiiight
    3593 resilience and feral bleeds are still undispellable and they do more damage than my full dotline.
    oh and that are about 37,74% damagereduce

we arent immume to sheep anymore.. a good feral comes out of his feral form to cyclone/backup with some healing, a good mage can sheep us in those few seconds and we cant shapeshift out of it anymore... removing beserk will make us a faceroll in PVP vs spriest or warlock because they can fear us around.

now i personnaly coudnt care less about pvp...
    but nerving our bleeds again? last nerf (even tho rake was OP) alr lowered my dps by a rough 2k.. if they nerf me more, ill be lower on dps then most people in my guild making feral druids useless to bring to raids in a 10 man situation.

Let allone that mastery will be closer to becoming worse then any other stat.
    Last edited by Facey; 2010-12-28 at 09:28 AM.

why i am trolling?
    i got a 37k crit from a feral druid this ammount from dmg is not possible for most of the other classes except warriors not even in criters not in players.
    what do you mean one ability one? maybe i have to feel sorry that only one of his abilities took 1/3 of my life in a single hit?
    get serius feral druids need nerfs both in their dmg and in their mobility.
    not that the other classes are ok warriors dmg i crazy to and also frost mages need a nerfbat ( my main is mage and i play frost pvp)
    i don't think the bleed nerf will be enough to bring ferals in line with the rest classes.
    they will need more nerfs and propably they will be on their mobility cause they can stay even on frost mages for 90% of the time.

i hope pve will not be affected from this because it has happened on classes i was playing and it sucked badly but at pvp ferals need serius nerfs.

and even i am sure i will be flamed for that maybe it is time for blizzard to consider a cd in shapeshifting here i said it.

Was that 1 hit Ferocious bite? Meaning it was a 5cp Bite meaning he had to build up the cp for it as well. quit whining. It isn't like a single cast crit that casters can do.

Yall realize all they said was "we think the fear immunity from Berserk is too much" They didn't say they were going to for sure nerf it or in what way - relax until they give more details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

How will a bear tank break fear now?