Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leeuwke View Post
    that would be incredibly overpowered.
    =] exactly!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithik View Post
    well, hopefully they will buff spriests some more than just mind sear. on bosses i have around 7-8k dps with average ilevel 340. while a rogue friend of mine easily gets up to 13k dps with ilevel 333.
    check your gear, priorities and stuff because you should be doing more.

Several dps classes at 85 are still holding the same dps they had at 80 in ICC. How is that supposed to make the last 5 levels feel like an improvement?
    dps at 80 with 30%buff = dps at 85 without 30% buff, i´m okay with that this early in the expansion

Deleted
    Any changes to Surge of Light will be welcomed as currently it only procs a couple of times in raid encounters for me. Usually at times when its not needed and therefore its wasted, subsequently I have dropped it from my spec.

The buff to mind sear was obvious from miles away. When holy nova spam outperforms the core aoe damage spell, which already has some limitations to it regarding targetting, something is just wrong.

Similarly, the incoming nerf to Holy Concentration is not something that is unexpected. 95% combat regen is a frickin' lot. But honestly, it don't matter too much. While spirit is the regen stat for holy, ideally you get as much regen as possible from INT anyway. The only players this nerf is going to notably impact is the poor bastards that have been stacking SPI like crazy. They work a lot harder than all other healers now as a result, and this nerf will really break their back.

Increasing the duration of Chakra is something I'm not too sure about. This will impact the value of the State of Mind talent even further. Frankly, the entire core mechanic of holy isn't working well to be honest. But I'm not sure how to remedy it. I just feel a whole lot more restricted these days than I did back in WoTLK. And that probably wasn't the intent of Chakra.

Regarding PVP, as far as I can see, the next patch will contain mostly nerfs. Mana Burn likely to vanish, Psychic Scream duration nerfed, notably lowered ability to use offensive dispels - that's a hard burden on an already beaten class. The fact that PS is no longer dispellable will not change this state notably. Those glyph changes will have to be mighty good to 'fix' priests in PVP. On the positive side, there aren't that many people left to complain about nerfs, so they might just go all out and return priests to the vanilla state. At least then everyone get one class they can kill easily. I'm sure that 9/10'ths of the wow community approve!

I also liked the insight that healers had to work a little too hard on certain heroics. This is very very true. I can do a heroic while watching TV as shadow. Doing it as holy is a whole lot more stressful. If they are nerfing holyconc again, then a damage decrease will have to go with it.

Stuff I didn't see much mentioned but that I would like to see is the shadow priest mana situation. It's kinda bad when a caster specc has manabar going up and down like a yo-yo. That's a job for retardins, not priests.

Other than that, my current state as a holypriest is as follows:
    - Ability to do normal dungeons (check, trivial after the holyconc buff)
    - Ability to do heroics (check, no longer back-breaking after the holyconc buff)
    - Ability to raid (check, mana and throughput seemed good after the holyconc buff)
    - Ability to PVP (even hardcore sadists give up)
    - Ability to do dailies (extremely painful, Tol Barad should have come with a disclaimer "in order to see this content, please reroll or respecc")
    - Ability to craft epic gear from professions (gear sucks, replaced by easily farmable factions, or missing. Why do we have two tailoring epic legs and none of them carry spirit?)
    Last edited by Danner; 2010-12-28 at 12:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    frankly, the only time you should have some kind of mana issues in heroics is if you're playing an encounter in which you cannot remove the high damage debuffs (poison on croc+augh in lost city (though it's not so bad) or curses on Lord Godfrey in SFK because the dps refuse to either kick or decurse)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that would be cool would be the extra mobility in PvP (and maybe in PvE), since I like running around and healing .
    Does the Surge of Light change that much to make it better? For Heroics it probably doesn't since you're mostly casting Heal. I haven't really raided, so I wouldn't know. The fact that it can crit now makes it better, but with our low crit it doesn't really matter does it?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

yeah I think the SoL change will mostly just benefit PVP, I rarely have to cast FH/GH in heroics, if I do it's usually because someone did something stupid, I try to avoid casting them at all cost because they are just way to mana expensive.

Greater Heal's may be more "expensive" but it's still a damn efficient spell. And I have a feeling our grammatically incorrect statement on Surge of Light is going to be including Flash Heal and Greater Heal as the triggers, instead of replacing Heal and Smite. Yay four separate triggers, one of them arguably is itself, which is cool.

But I'm surprised to hear you say this:
    I try to avoid casting them at all cost because they are just way to mana expensive.
    So you spam 2.3 second raid buffed Heal in your 11/12, when haste past 12.5% is terrible and we should all stack mastery?
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-12-28 at 02:16 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Greater Heal's may be more "expensive" but it's still a damn efficient spell.
    Yes it is, it's almost as much HPM as Heal but heal refreshes Renew and in Chakara state is just way better for tank healing in a heroic, so I try not to cast it unless I have too.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yes it is, it's almost as much HPM as Heal but heal refreshes Renew and in Chakara state is just way better for tank healing in a heroic, so I try not to cast it unless I have too.
    Greater Heal also refreshes Renew. So does Flash Heal

Greater Heal also refreshes Renew. So does Flash Heal
    You're right, so I guess the refresh on renew was a moot point but heal still better HPM than GH though GH is better HPS so it's a trade off, and heal refreshes your Chakara. I Just really hardly ever need to cast GH =/

15+ Year Old Account
    You're even more boosted than I am.

Anyway, I slipped Holy/Disc PvP pains by going Shadow for dual-DPS. The plan was/ is to go back to Disc PvP when people actually get Res (or learn to play) so lolburst stops working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greater Heal's may be more "expensive" but it's still a damn efficient spell. And I have a feeling our grammatically incorrect statement on Surge of Light is going to be including Flash Heal and Greater Heal as the triggers, instead of replacing Heal and Smite. Yay four separate triggers, one of them arguably is itself, which is cool.
    I understand it's going to include Flash Heal and Greater Heal as additional triggers, but still, in heroics I cast mostly Heal, so the few times I use Greater or Flash Heal won't make that big a difference in Surge of Light procs (I think).
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I understand it's going to include Flash Heal and Greater Heal as additional triggers, but still, in heroics I cast mostly Heal, so the few times I use Greater or Flash Heal won't make that big a difference in Surge of Light procs (I think).
    I'm willing to bet heal isn't the only spell you use while healing heroics. While healing a boss fight which is mostly doing dmg to the tank you'll be flash healing to get serendipidy up, or binding heal, and when serendipidy is up and the tank is the only one taking dmg why would you not gheal him if it doesn't cause an overheal. Right there you've already used every spell (excluding smite) that has a chance to proc your surge of light. This is actually a pretty large buff to that talent, and while I didn't use it before I'm definitly debating on the use of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    It shouldn't, but we might be surprised

I dropped Divine Touch for personal testing of Surge this week, but even that's limited thanks to my 25-man not coming back until the 4th. I'd love to get my hands on a Surge that can trigger off itself, as well as the Serenity boosted Greater Heal.

6% is a little shy, but 10% might be too high when you consider that they already think (and rightly so) that they may have over buffed our mana returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    I'm willing to bet heal isn't the only spell you use while healing heroics. While healing a boss fight which is mostly doing dmg to the tank you'll be flash healing to get serendipidy up, or binding heal, and when serendipidy is up and the tank is the only one taking dmg why would you not gheal him if it doesn't cause an overheal. Right there you've already used every spell (excluding smite) that has a chance to proc your surge of light. This is actually a pretty large buff to that talent, and while I didn't use it before I'm definitly debating on the use of it now.
    Well I can't speak for everyone but most tanks I have ran with Heal chakara w/ Renew is usually more than enough to keep a tank up, I am not going to sit here and say I never use GH or even FH but not very often (and it's usually not on the tank) There is no reason in a heroic I see that I need to keep serendipity up unless it's a cluster mess pull and the tank is getting owned. Hopefully the tank is smart enough to blow their defensive CD's.

If only the tank and 1-2 other people are hurt and they ar enot dying I Just throw heals on them too, if its AE dmg going around then I use PoM if it's going to bounce and a POH to get everyone back up.

This is all from a Holy Stand point, if it was disc I am sure I would feel different, I guess I really should spec disc this weekend and heal a few heroics so I understand what's the best thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Achtalon View Post
    Good, mind sear sucks bad now. I find it useful for killing a hunter's snakes--not much else. Power Word: Shield feels incredibly weak as non disc as well. My shield breaks in like 2 hits from a regular 85 mob. Good thing I got a full mind flay cast off, oh wait.
    This.. This bothers me alot... Shield is way too weak. As u said goes down in 2 hits. Aswell as Vampiric Embrace.. Healing from it is ridicilously low.
    Last edited by raffie; 2010-12-28 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Why do we need longer chakra? we only use Chastise anyway.

What we need is mobility healing as he said. But the buffs stated isnt gonna fix anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Why do we need longer chakra? we only use Chastise anyway.
    I really hope you're talking about pvp (I don't do that much) because I use HW:S pretty much every time it's off cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithik View Post
    well, hopefully they will buff spriests some more than just mind sear. on bosses i have around 7-8k dps with average ilevel 340. while a rogue friend of mine easily gets up to 13k dps with ilevel 333.
    Well thats wierd, since with my ilvl 343 i did about 10k dps without a problem, and in a 10man i am never below third place, competing with a hunter and a warlock.
    The only area i feel lacking is aoe, and during fights like Magmaw and Halfus i just feel like my aoe isnt making much of a difference