E - Strife Right

T - Forward
    F - Left
    G - Back
    H - Right
    R - Strife left
    Y - Strife right
    [/quote]

Who uses A/D and/or F/H to turn? Everyone knows they are used for strafing.

Why WASD is superior: SHIFT and CTRL.
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

TFGH gives you more elbow space, but with huge trade off: your hand would twist so much that you cant play for long sessions.

It's definately "Strafe" not "Strife"

Deleted
    You can't TFGH on an ergonomic keyboard because they are split between the G and H.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    1,2,3,4,Q,E,R,F,Z,X,C,V
    Modifiers - Shift,Alt
    3 Mouse Buttons (DeathAdder)
    G1-6
    ~, Tab, Space

W - Forward
    S - Backpedal
    A,D - Strafe

Why even bind turn keys? L2Mouse.
    red panda red panda red panda!

i dont get the point in changing it the only key bindings i use are number keys no shift no nothing i dont need them i dont think any one should need them on any class/spec its not needed unless your lazy i prefer the way it is. for pve and pvp i dont even use my pinky anymore as i dont need to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilldude View Post
    i dont get the point in changing it the only key bindings i use are number keys no shift no nothing i dont need them i dont think any one should need them on any class/spec its not needed unless your lazy i prefer the way it is. for pve and pvp i dont even use my pinky anymore as i dont need to.
    Not everyone plays a rogue.

Lefty here!

Numpad, and all it's surround keys, are king to me.

5-forward
    2-back
    1 rotate left
    3 rotate right
    4 strafe left
    6 strafe right
    0 jump

7, 8,9, /, *, -, + are main attacks and primary defensives
    ins / home / del / end / page up / page down are secondary defensives and utilities
    f9-f12 are aspects
    f5 through f8 are marks
    mouse wheel up / down with ctrl and shift modifiers are dots and other things
    directional arrows are next target, focus target (with the tank always focused), flare, camo
    p, [, ], \, and various other keys that are second nature to get to round out the binds

It's still a work in progress, but the stuff I need the quickest is generally proportional to the least hand movement. Having the strafe and rotate buttons opposed allows me to circle strafe in situations where it's needed, while still carrying out other tasks (picking specific targets, etc).

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Why even bind turn keys? L2Mouse.
    try strafe kiting in a specific directions (or around a LOS object for example) and changing targets. For melee classes it might be less of an issue.

I agree with ESDF being the best choice. Having easy reach of modifiers is very very important. I think having 10 buttons with 3 modifiers is better than just having 30 buttons. Also I plan on getting a Razer Anansi which will have thumb modifers and TFGH will be akward for that whereas ESDF would be perfectly positioned.

My setup; and its quite easy...

Q,Z,X,C,V,F,T, 1-9, mouse button #1,2,3 (scroll click)

that's 19 button.

19 x 4 (default, crtl, alt & Shift) makes almost 80 buttons.
    Enough for you? granted, it took me about a month to get used to ALL the buttons. I still show them up in my bars so I never forget or get stuck if I don't remember one. BUT, all my abilities are binded, and especially my main ones (top 25 or so), I know ALL of them by heart.

(example; CTRL + E = trap launcher, and CTRL + 1-6 is all my traps)

Tadah.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 01:27 PM ----------

owned.

j/k. But he/she has a point.

My Main concern with WASD was the shift key was its was so close to my other fingers, I want it o keep it away from my fingers a bit and beside arent u tired of WASD. and for those who say oh oh who uses A and D to turn, pros turn with the mouse. No STFU even u use those keys to turn. Its a basic key that u need always. NOBDY IN WOW TURNS ALL THE TIME WITH THIER MOUSE WHEN U ARE IN A CITY JUST FOOLING AROUND U DONT TURN WITH MOUSE YOU WANNA TURN WITH A AND D. So stop telling other people to turn with mouse sure in a heated batle u shouldnt turn with A and D but with mouse then ok. And if ur mouse stops working in a middle of a raid ur screwed. Yea so keep those keys the way they are.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    try strafe kiting in a specific directions (or around a LOS object for example) and changing targets. For melee classes it might be less of an issue.
    I seem to have no problem with this on any class I've played (Mage, Warlock, DK)

i dont play a rogue i dont even have one so tthere goes what you think

Deleted
    Short question: Is there an addon, that let me easy modify my keybindings AND create profiles, that I can reload (or switch between)? I'ts a lot of time to modify the binding once to switch from WASD to whatever but if I want to switch back and have to do it again ...

Just getting a mouse with a lot of buttons will help solve this problem Razer naga is my favourite, plus shit and alt work with the mouse buttons :P
    \

Modifiers. Enough said. You can probably not reach CTRL and SHIFT without trouble if you are using TFGH. Having both SHIFT and CTRL, but less buttons if more efficent for most players. Less buttons = more accuracy

Deleted
    be click or be dead

Your idea is flawed by making an assumption of using too many movement keys.

1st - W isn't needed at all by the use of pressing both mouse buttons at once and moving mouse to guide your direction.
    2nd - A, S, D is all that is needed for movement. Personally I use A-Strafe Left, S-Strafe Right, D- Backward.

This now frees up Q, W, E from movement keys, and now learn:

1-6 is easily reachable.
    q,w,e,r,t,y,f,g,h,z,x,c,v,b all easily reachable for keybinds.

No offense, but if you need more than 19 keybinds....nm, I will just leave it at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post

1st - W isn't needed at all by the use of pressing both mouse buttons at once and moving mouse to guide your direction.
    2nd - A, S, D is all that is needed for movement. Personally I use A-Strafe Left, S-Strafe Right, D- Backward.
    S is a wasted keybind too if you're using it to backpeddle.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post

This now frees up Q, W, E from movement keys, and now learn:

1-6 is easily reachable.
    q,w,e,r,t,y,f,g,h,z,x,c,v,b all easily reachable for keybinds.

No offense, but if you need more than 19 keybinds....nm, I will just leave it at that.
    Removing S is justifiable, but W is not. Using both mouse button to move will render you unable to use mouse while moving, which is vital in both PvE and PvP. H is not reachable for me, nor zxb.